- Sharing screen with Salman will be surreal: Angad BediDiamond shapes define your personality tooEating 'diet' foods can make you fat: StudyImtiaz to finalize title of upcoming filmHow to make your bedroom summer-friendlyShraddha ages in 'Haseena...'How to dress right for office in summerVIP voting in MCD polls amid EVM glitches'Half Girlfriend' to release across 1600 Indian screensPick banana, melon, cold milk to fight acidity
Rio Olympic silver medallist P.V. Sindhu defeated Dinar Dyah Ayustine of Indonesia to adva
UK University with TISS make research study on Super 30 Last Updated : 25 Oct 2013 12:38:46 PM IST IIT coaching institute Super 30 founder Anand Kumar (File Photo)
A joint project by University of East London and TISS on Super 30, an institute that helps underprivileged children crack IIT exam, has found how education could be used for social transition.
Super 30 run by noted mathematician Anand Kumar has the distinction of preparing children from poor section of society by offering free education, lodging and food to help them compete in IITs.
Starting in 2002, this year 28 out of 30 students qualified for IITs from the Patna-based centre which has attracted praise from within the country and abroad.
The study, a joint collaboration of University of East London and Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS), Mumbai is funded by British Council's UK India Education and Research Initiative (UKIERI).
The researchers, who spent time with the students found how they overcame deprivation in a conducive atmosphere provided by the institution to add wings to their dreams.
"It has been a good case study, as it has been able to drive home the point how education could be used for social transition," excerpt of the research work said.
As part of the study, the researchers interviewed 50 students, including those who have passed out and are in good jobs both in India and abroad to find out how life has changed for them.
The project is aimed at mapping social innovation in overcoming multiple deprivation in selected locations in India and UK. The research was carried out in three case studies in India and UK, Meera Tiwari, Associate Professor in International Development and Head of Global studies school of law and social sciences, University of East London said.
In India, besides two case studies in Mumbai, it chose to study innovations and strategies of Super 30, she added.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Rahul V. Chittella's short film "Azaad", starring Atul Kulkarni and Sakshi Tanwar, will be
- Deepika shot title track of 'Raabta' in one night
- 'Baahubali 2': Hype by makers, expectations by fans touch new highs
- Samuel L. Jackson, Bruce Willis to again work with Shyamalan
- Sharing screen with Salman will be surreal: Angad Bedi
- Parineeti doesn't need auto tune for singing
- Shraddha Kapoor 'honoured' to play Saina Nehwal in biopic
- 'Jolly LLB 2': HC exempts Akshay Kumar from personal appearance in court
- Watch 'Hind mere jind' first song of the Film 'Sachin-A Billion Dreams'
Indian Man Kaur, 101, won the 100 metres sprint at the World Masters Games here on Monday.
Chinese smartphone-maker Huawei, under its Honor brand, is rumoured to launch "Honor 8 Lit