- Pics: B-Town celebrates P.V. Sindhu's Olympic win'Happy Bhag Jayegi': A light-hearted, feel-good filmCelebrities hail Sakshi Malik's Olympic winPink is not a film about rape, says Amitabh BachchanOn Rakhi, TV actors recount memories with 'partners in crime'B-Town celebs wish Navroz Mubarak to ParsisBritish-era bunker unearthed in Raj BhavanLeaked: Sex Scenes from award winning film 'Parched'Entertainment Being an actress, I can be anybody: Priyanka ChopraCheck out Salman's 'Tubelight' first look
Olympic gold medallist Justin Rose will defend his UBS Hong Kong Open golf title, while Ma
Landlord's PAN must for tax benefit if rent exceeds Rs 1 lakh Last Updated : 18 Dec 2013 03:33:41 PM IST Quoting PAN number of landlord is must if the annual house rent exceeds Rs 1 lakh (File Photo)
Quoting landlord's PAN is mandatory if you pay more than Rs 1 lakh annually towards house rent.
If the PAN is not furnished then it would not be possible to claim tax benefit under House Rent Allowance.
"...an employee claiming exemption from tax with respect to House Rent Allowance received is now required to report the PAN of the landlord to the employer, if the rent paid by the employee to the landlord exceeds Rs 1 lakh per annum, along with the rent receipt," said Minister of Sate for Finance J D Seelam in a written statement in the Rajya Sabha on Tuesday, Dec 17.
He quoted a circular by the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) on the matter of deduction of tax at source during the payment of salaries.
"In case the landlord does not have a PAN, a declaration to this effect from the landlord along with the name and address of the landlord should be filed by the employees," he added.
In a separate response, Seelam said the number of tax assesses have increased manifold. In the past 15 years, the number of effective IT assesses has increased by more than three times from 1.16 crore as on March 1997 to 3.63 crore at the end of March 2012.
He also said 42,800 persons other than companies admitted to a taxable income exceeding Rs 1 crore.
"The Cabinet has approved the cadre restructuring of the Income Tax Department in May 2013. The implementation of the same is under progress," he said.
Additional 1,080 assessment units to be manned by around 20,000 more personnel have been created to meet the increasing number of IT assesses, he said.
Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Mostly seen in comic roles, actor Vir Das who will be seen in a role of a Sikh man in thri
- Mehta reveals Rajkummar's look from 'Omerta' on his birthday
- Eijaz Khan roped in for 'Bahu Humari Rajni_kant'
- Big B to host 'Savdhaan India'
- Why did Kajol decide to marry Ajay Devgn?
- Chunky Pandey excited about his new project
- Akshay starts 'Jolly LLB 2' journey from Lucknow
- Ranbir Kapoor willing to play homosexual on screen
- Captured: Tiger Shroff and Disha Patani on Secret Holiday
Believe it or not, dogs have the ability to distinguish words and the intonation of human
Domestic smartphone-maker Intex technologies on Wednesday announced its partnership with R