- It's January wedding for Kapil SharmaOutdoor games can make kids love natureNever put on so much weight before: Ranbir KapoorKnow more about Rani MukerjiI love, respect Sunil Grover: Kapil SharmaKareena's pic with Taimur will make your daySunny Leone excited to attend Justin Bieber's Mumbai concertCelebs attend Aishwarya's father funeralAmitabh mourns death of Aishwarya's fatherSunny Leone to endorse Dubai-based mobile brand
Spain and Italy eased past their opponents to stay unbeaten in Group G of the 2018 footba
Landlord's PAN must for tax benefit if rent exceeds Rs 1 lakh Last Updated : 18 Dec 2013 03:33:41 PM IST Quoting PAN number of landlord is must if the annual house rent exceeds Rs 1 lakh (File Photo)
Quoting landlord's PAN is mandatory if you pay more than Rs 1 lakh annually towards house rent.
If the PAN is not furnished then it would not be possible to claim tax benefit under House Rent Allowance.
"...an employee claiming exemption from tax with respect to House Rent Allowance received is now required to report the PAN of the landlord to the employer, if the rent paid by the employee to the landlord exceeds Rs 1 lakh per annum, along with the rent receipt," said Minister of Sate for Finance J D Seelam in a written statement in the Rajya Sabha on Tuesday, Dec 17.
He quoted a circular by the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) on the matter of deduction of tax at source during the payment of salaries.
"In case the landlord does not have a PAN, a declaration to this effect from the landlord along with the name and address of the landlord should be filed by the employees," he added.
In a separate response, Seelam said the number of tax assesses have increased manifold. In the past 15 years, the number of effective IT assesses has increased by more than three times from 1.16 crore as on March 1997 to 3.63 crore at the end of March 2012.
He also said 42,800 persons other than companies admitted to a taxable income exceeding Rs 1 crore.
"The Cabinet has approved the cadre restructuring of the Income Tax Department in May 2013. The implementation of the same is under progress," he said.
Additional 1,080 assessment units to be manned by around 20,000 more personnel have been created to meet the increasing number of IT assesses, he said.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
After giving a striking performance in critically acclaimed 'Pink', Kirti Kulhari is set t
- VIDEO: Huma Qureshi on 28-day detox
- NTR's leaked look from his next film goes viral
- Taking time to have a personal life: Selena Gomez
- 6 American Tv shows Indians love to watch
- Feeling beautiful begins with feeling confident, says Deepika
- 'Golmaal Again' best set I've been on: Parineeti Chopra
- Anil Kapoor is a delight to work with: Neha Sharma
- We're a great team: Twinkle on marriage with Akshay
A group of birdwatchers spotted an Australian night parrot, once thought to be extinct, fo
At a time when margins are razor-thin in the fast-growing domestic smartphone market, any