- Daisy wants to explore moreHathaway flaunts baby bumpsSonam sends love to Fawad on birthdayPriyanka accepts defeat from Dilwale at Box officeRanveer says Priyanka better than DeepikaSRK did not want to use word 'Gerua'PM Modi Mobbed by Media for 'Selfie''Tamasha' collects Rs 10.87 crore on Day 1Preity Zinta is in no mood of tying the knot for a year atleastUnknown facts about Yami Gautam
Still recuperating from a foot injury, World championship silver medalist Saina Nehwal in
Landlord's PAN must for tax benefit if rent exceeds Rs 1 lakh Last Updated : 18 Dec 2013 03:33:41 PM IST Quoting PAN number of landlord is must if the annual house rent exceeds Rs 1 lakh (File Photo)
Quoting landlord's PAN is mandatory if you pay more than Rs 1 lakh annually towards house rent.
If the PAN is not furnished then it would not be possible to claim tax benefit under House Rent Allowance.
"...an employee claiming exemption from tax with respect to House Rent Allowance received is now required to report the PAN of the landlord to the employer, if the rent paid by the employee to the landlord exceeds Rs 1 lakh per annum, along with the rent receipt," said Minister of Sate for Finance J D Seelam in a written statement in the Rajya Sabha on Tuesday, Dec 17.
He quoted a circular by the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) on the matter of deduction of tax at source during the payment of salaries.
"In case the landlord does not have a PAN, a declaration to this effect from the landlord along with the name and address of the landlord should be filed by the employees," he added.
In a separate response, Seelam said the number of tax assesses have increased manifold. In the past 15 years, the number of effective IT assesses has increased by more than three times from 1.16 crore as on March 1997 to 3.63 crore at the end of March 2012.
He also said 42,800 persons other than companies admitted to a taxable income exceeding Rs 1 crore.
"The Cabinet has approved the cadre restructuring of the Income Tax Department in May 2013. The implementation of the same is under progress," he said.
Additional 1,080 assessment units to be manned by around 20,000 more personnel have been created to meet the increasing number of IT assesses, he said.
Source:PTI, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Daisy Shah trying to go beyond expectations.
- Hathaway flaunts baby bumps
- Sonam sends love to Fawad on birthday
- Priyanka accepts defeat from Dilwale at Box office
- Ranveer says Priyanka better than Deepika
- SRK did not want to use word 'Gerua'
- Not interested in awards: 'Baahubali' director
- 'Tamasha' collects Rs 10.87 crore on Day 1
- Preity Zinta is in no mood of tying the knot for a year atleast
Watch a taxi modelling on the ramp,Thailand's contestant will be wearing a tuk-tuk dress
Smartphones and tablets are becoming the preferred choices for Chinese consumers to do onl