- Nil Battey Sannata Review: Swara Bhaskar's Mother-Daughter story encourages!Decor tips to get your house summer readyMeet sexy babe Vaani KapoorSee some popular selfie poses, choose the one you likeFantastic Box Office Collection: 'The Jungle Book' debuts with over $100 mnOMG! Pratyusha was pregnantLook who gate crashed Bipasha's bachelorette partyWhy is Kangna not recording her statement: Hrithik's lawyersScariest character I have ever played: Shahid on 'Udta Punjab'Jabong launches international fashion brand Mexx in India
Vijender Singh registered the fifth consecutive win of his fledgling professional career
Landlord's PAN must for tax benefit if rent exceeds Rs 1 lakh Last Updated : 18 Dec 2013 03:33:41 PM IST Quoting PAN number of landlord is must if the annual house rent exceeds Rs 1 lakh (File Photo)
Quoting landlord's PAN is mandatory if you pay more than Rs 1 lakh annually towards house rent.
If the PAN is not furnished then it would not be possible to claim tax benefit under House Rent Allowance.
"...an employee claiming exemption from tax with respect to House Rent Allowance received is now required to report the PAN of the landlord to the employer, if the rent paid by the employee to the landlord exceeds Rs 1 lakh per annum, along with the rent receipt," said Minister of Sate for Finance J D Seelam in a written statement in the Rajya Sabha on Tuesday, Dec 17.
He quoted a circular by the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) on the matter of deduction of tax at source during the payment of salaries.
"In case the landlord does not have a PAN, a declaration to this effect from the landlord along with the name and address of the landlord should be filed by the employees," he added.
In a separate response, Seelam said the number of tax assesses have increased manifold. In the past 15 years, the number of effective IT assesses has increased by more than three times from 1.16 crore as on March 1997 to 3.63 crore at the end of March 2012.
He also said 42,800 persons other than companies admitted to a taxable income exceeding Rs 1 crore.
"The Cabinet has approved the cadre restructuring of the Income Tax Department in May 2013. The implementation of the same is under progress," he said.
Additional 1,080 assessment units to be manned by around 20,000 more personnel have been created to meet the increasing number of IT assesses, he said.
Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Actor Abhishek Bachchan has re-joined the promotions of his forthcoming film "Housefull 3"
- Eyebrows up as Sanjay Dutt hobnobs with BJP
- Big B gets inspiration from fans' love
- Akshay Kumar sorry for fan-punching incident
- 'Baaghi': Sincere but lacklustre
- See Mohit Raina's merciless avatar in 'Ashoka'
- Bipasha Basu to marry Karan today
- Green corridor initiative is need of the hour
- Roberts doesn't 'always' enjoy
Is it true that fashion affects the personality? but it has certain tendency to achieve so
Remember Freedom 251 from ringing bells at just Rs 251 which soon became an smartphone of