- Me and Hrithik were not holidaying together: SussanneKareena shoots first ad post pregnancy newsFawad, Deepika turn muse for Manish MalhotraHockey legend Mohammed Shahid passes awayB'Day Special: Controversial Shweta Basu is Naseeruddin Shah's co star in Inter..Facebook,Twitter, Bigg Boss, Mumbai Blast, Tsunami turning 10 this year.When I was 13: Rahul Bose takes celebs down memory laneSocial media trolls don't affect me anymore: Anushka SharmaI'm one of the rare breed of directors: Nishikant KamatDeepika wishes 'kindest, generous' Vin Diesel on birthday
Launching the Reliance Foundation Youth Sports initiative, Prime Minister Narendra Modi ur
Landlord's PAN must for tax benefit if rent exceeds Rs 1 lakh Last Updated : 18 Dec 2013 03:33:41 PM IST Quoting PAN number of landlord is must if the annual house rent exceeds Rs 1 lakh (File Photo)
Quoting landlord's PAN is mandatory if you pay more than Rs 1 lakh annually towards house rent.
If the PAN is not furnished then it would not be possible to claim tax benefit under House Rent Allowance.
"...an employee claiming exemption from tax with respect to House Rent Allowance received is now required to report the PAN of the landlord to the employer, if the rent paid by the employee to the landlord exceeds Rs 1 lakh per annum, along with the rent receipt," said Minister of Sate for Finance J D Seelam in a written statement in the Rajya Sabha on Tuesday, Dec 17.
He quoted a circular by the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) on the matter of deduction of tax at source during the payment of salaries.
"In case the landlord does not have a PAN, a declaration to this effect from the landlord along with the name and address of the landlord should be filed by the employees," he added.
In a separate response, Seelam said the number of tax assesses have increased manifold. In the past 15 years, the number of effective IT assesses has increased by more than three times from 1.16 crore as on March 1997 to 3.63 crore at the end of March 2012.
He also said 42,800 persons other than companies admitted to a taxable income exceeding Rs 1 crore.
"The Cabinet has approved the cadre restructuring of the Income Tax Department in May 2013. The implementation of the same is under progress," he said.
Additional 1,080 assessment units to be manned by around 20,000 more personnel have been created to meet the increasing number of IT assesses, he said.
Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Superstar Rajinikanth's "Kabali" has grossed over Rs 40 crore at the Indian box office, be
- Shyam Kaushal choreographs action scene for 'Kaabil'
- Vijay Raaz did 'Mission Tiger' for free
- Rukmini Vijayakumar joins Mani Ratnam's 'Kaatru Veliyidai'
- 'Why no plus-size models in India?'
- Nagarjuna turns singer for 'Nirmala Convent'
- Yami Gautam flaunts bridal avatar at ICW 2016
- When Divya Khosla Kumar felt like a bride all over again
- Qandeel's brother undergoes polygraph test
We humans are always cross the limits ― in events like skydiving, downhill skiing, car r
A US-based startup has launched a smart laptop shell that turns your Android smartphone i