- List of IIFA 2016 Best Actress NominationsReview: Independence Day: Resurgence- Staid and worn outAnkita Lokhande not dating Kushal TandonHeavy showers lashes Mumbai, high tide expectedSky is the limit for me with right director: Alia BhattIt's not about size of role in Hollywood, but experience: DeepikaRevealed: Whom is Ankita Lokhande dating after Sushant!'Raman Raghav 2.0': Cleverly crafted, compellingShivaay poster: Erika Kaar joins the journeyBollywood at IIFA:When celebs put their hair down!
The group stages are finally over and we now know how the knockout stages of Euro 2016 are
Landlord's PAN must for tax benefit if rent exceeds Rs 1 lakh Last Updated : 18 Dec 2013 03:33:41 PM IST Quoting PAN number of landlord is must if the annual house rent exceeds Rs 1 lakh (File Photo)
Quoting landlord's PAN is mandatory if you pay more than Rs 1 lakh annually towards house rent.
If the PAN is not furnished then it would not be possible to claim tax benefit under House Rent Allowance.
"...an employee claiming exemption from tax with respect to House Rent Allowance received is now required to report the PAN of the landlord to the employer, if the rent paid by the employee to the landlord exceeds Rs 1 lakh per annum, along with the rent receipt," said Minister of Sate for Finance J D Seelam in a written statement in the Rajya Sabha on Tuesday, Dec 17.
He quoted a circular by the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) on the matter of deduction of tax at source during the payment of salaries.
"In case the landlord does not have a PAN, a declaration to this effect from the landlord along with the name and address of the landlord should be filed by the employees," he added.
In a separate response, Seelam said the number of tax assesses have increased manifold. In the past 15 years, the number of effective IT assesses has increased by more than three times from 1.16 crore as on March 1997 to 3.63 crore at the end of March 2012.
He also said 42,800 persons other than companies admitted to a taxable income exceeding Rs 1 crore.
"The Cabinet has approved the cadre restructuring of the Income Tax Department in May 2013. The implementation of the same is under progress," he said.
Additional 1,080 assessment units to be manned by around 20,000 more personnel have been created to meet the increasing number of IT assesses, he said.
Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Starting her journey in showbiz with “Student of the Year” in 2012, Alia Bhatt has com
- 'R.D. Burman a futuristic genius who knew pulse of masses'
- 'Bajirao Mastani' sweeps technical awards at IIFA gala
- Nicolas Cage splits from wife Alice Kim
- Mrudula Murali to make Bollywood debut with 'Raag Desh'
- Online medium great to try something new: Tahir Raj Bhasin
- Rajeev Khandelwal sings at 'Fever' music launch
- Brahmanandam, Ramya Krishna join 'Sabash Naidu' sets
- Shirish Kunder rubbishes 'Kriti' plagiarism allegations
Over 10 years, the central government spent Rs 21,482 crore ($3.2 billion) building houses
Panasonic India on Thursday launched a new fully-rugged, 2-in-1 lightweight Toughbook CF-2