- Me and Hrithik were not holidaying together: SussanneKareena shoots first ad post pregnancy newsFawad, Deepika turn muse for Manish MalhotraHockey legend Mohammed Shahid passes awayB'Day Special: Controversial Shweta Basu is Naseeruddin Shah's co star in Inter..Facebook,Twitter, Bigg Boss, Mumbai Blast, Tsunami turning 10 this year.When I was 13: Rahul Bose takes celebs down memory laneSocial media trolls don't affect me anymore: Anushka SharmaI'm one of the rare breed of directors: Nishikant KamatDeepika wishes 'kindest, generous' Vin Diesel on birthday
Dutee Chand is sprinting hard and she has her aim set -- the coveted gold medal at the Rio
Kumar Mangalam Birla meets Chidambaram Last Updated : 05 Nov 2013 07:46:34 PM IST Kumar Mangalam Birla, Hindalco Chairman (File Photo)
Hindalco Chairman Kumar Mangalam Birla, who is named in the FIR in the alleged coal block allocation scam, met Finance Minister P Chidambaram for the second time in less than three weeks.
Birla did not offer any comment on the meeting that lasted for more than 20 minutes.
The industrialist had met Chidambaram earlier on October 18 after the CBI named him in the FIR.
"As of now, I am not worried about it. There is nothing wrong (that) has been done, so why should one worry?" he had
told reporters when asked if the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) FIR would cast a shadow on the Aditya Birla Group's application for a bank licence.
The CBI had named Birla and former Coal Secretary P C Parakh in its FIR charging them with criminal conspiracy and
corruption in connection with alleged irregularities in the allocation of coal blocks eight years ago.
The investigating agency alleged in its FIR that after rejection of Hindalco's plea in 2005, Birla wrote two letters
and held a "personal meeting" with then Coal Secretary Parakh, after which a decision was reversed and Hindalco was given a coal block that was meant for two public sector undertakings - Mahanadi Coal Fields and Neyveli Lignite.
Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Actress Kangana Ranaut looked every inch a Mughal empress as she walked for Manav Gangwani
- Why not: Kangana on getting married more than once
- 'Kabali' mints Rs 11.4 crore in north India in two days
- 'Mission Tiger' makers urge government to declare film tax-free
- 'Madaari' is a 'must watch', says Kejriwal
- Twinkle slams Naseeruddin for calling father 'poor actor'
- 'Madaari': A heartbreaking wake-up call
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' sets new box office record on opening day
- Shyam Kaushal choreographs action scene for 'Kaabil'
We humans are always cross the limits ― in events like skydiving, downhill skiing, car r
A US-based startup has launched a smart laptop shell that turns your Android smartphone i