- Tips to pick lip colour this festive seasonMNS allows release of Karan Johar's 'Ae Dil...''My Father Iqbal': Does not rise to expectationsTrain To Busan movie reviewKnow more about Parineeti ChopraHow to spend more time, less money during vacations!'Jack Reacher...': Tom Cruise's finest film in yearsIs it safe to eat chicken amidst this bird flu rumors?Arijit Singh re-dubs for song in 'Tum Bin 2'Movie Review: '31 October': Opens up wounds that never healed
The UN Committee on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities refused to investigate ban on
Kumar Mangalam Birla meets Chidambaram Last Updated : 05 Nov 2013 07:46:34 PM IST Kumar Mangalam Birla, Hindalco Chairman (File Photo)
Hindalco Chairman Kumar Mangalam Birla, who is named in the FIR in the alleged coal block allocation scam, met Finance Minister P Chidambaram for the second time in less than three weeks.
Birla did not offer any comment on the meeting that lasted for more than 20 minutes.
The industrialist had met Chidambaram earlier on October 18 after the CBI named him in the FIR.
"As of now, I am not worried about it. There is nothing wrong (that) has been done, so why should one worry?" he had
told reporters when asked if the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) FIR would cast a shadow on the Aditya Birla Group's application for a bank licence.
The CBI had named Birla and former Coal Secretary P C Parakh in its FIR charging them with criminal conspiracy and
corruption in connection with alleged irregularities in the allocation of coal blocks eight years ago.
The investigating agency alleged in its FIR that after rejection of Hindalco's plea in 2005, Birla wrote two letters
and held a "personal meeting" with then Coal Secretary Parakh, after which a decision was reversed and Hindalco was given a coal block that was meant for two public sector undertakings - Mahanadi Coal Fields and Neyveli Lignite.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Veteran actress Shabana Azmi has slammed Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis for
- First look of Baahubali 2 unvelied at MAMI
- I have not taken a penny for 'Shivaay': Ajay Devgn
- My role in 'Sarkar 3' is small but important: Manoj Bajpai
- No skin show or liplocks in 'Ae Dil...': Aishwarya
- Producers 'thank' cinema owners for backing 'Ae Dil...' release
- MNS allows release of Karan Johar's 'Ae Dil...'
- 'My Father Iqbal': Does not rise to expectations
- Train To Busan movie review
Bihar Deputy Chief Minister Tejaswi Yadav has received 44,000 marriage proposals on a What
When Google launched artificial intelligence (AI)-powered premium devices Pixel and Pixel