- Shraddha, Sushant walks for at Malhotra at LFWBhavna Bhavnani abuses Salman Khan to sell her bookDeepika Padukone among worl'd richest actresses nowSakshi Malik will be Beti Bachao Beti Padhao brand ambassador in HaryanaRustom Girl Ileana D'Cruz's monsoon skin ritualFirst Look: Shah Rukh shooting for The Ring'Half Girlfriend' team finishes Cape Town scheduleSedition case filed against actor Ramya for Pakistan is not hell remarkAryan Khan flaunts abs at college partyWon't camouflage baby bump on screen: Kareena
Northern Ireland on Wednesday announced a 23-member football squad for the World Cup quali
Kumar Mangalam Birla meets Chidambaram Last Updated : 05 Nov 2013 07:46:34 PM IST Kumar Mangalam Birla, Hindalco Chairman (File Photo)
Hindalco Chairman Kumar Mangalam Birla, who is named in the FIR in the alleged coal block allocation scam, met Finance Minister P Chidambaram for the second time in less than three weeks.
Birla did not offer any comment on the meeting that lasted for more than 20 minutes.
The industrialist had met Chidambaram earlier on October 18 after the CBI named him in the FIR.
"As of now, I am not worried about it. There is nothing wrong (that) has been done, so why should one worry?" he had
told reporters when asked if the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) FIR would cast a shadow on the Aditya Birla Group's application for a bank licence.
The CBI had named Birla and former Coal Secretary P C Parakh in its FIR charging them with criminal conspiracy and
corruption in connection with alleged irregularities in the allocation of coal blocks eight years ago.
The investigating agency alleged in its FIR that after rejection of Hindalco's plea in 2005, Birla wrote two letters
and held a "personal meeting" with then Coal Secretary Parakh, after which a decision was reversed and Hindalco was given a coal block that was meant for two public sector undertakings - Mahanadi Coal Fields and Neyveli Lignite.
Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Academy Award-winning actor Christoph Waltz is in talks to star in filmmaker James Cameron
- Atif Aslam won't perform in Gurgaon
- B-town stars greet fans on Janmashtami
- Ariana Grande sued for copyright infringement
- Shraddha, Sushant walks for at Malhotra at LFW
- Britney Spears biopic coming to TV soon
- Bollywood wishes Happy Janmashtami
- 'Remo' director to reunite with film's makers
- Bhavna Bhavnani abuses Salman Khan to sell her book
The world's largest natural pearl will be put on display in the Philippines soon, after th
If you are in awe of those early morning queues outside Apple Stores globally, hang on. Fr