- Meet Matin Rey TanguReview: Kaabil is a winnerSRK saddened by death of fan in VadodaraIs Deepika with Ishaan Khattar in her next international film?In pics: Might and pride of IndiaMeet Virat die-hard fan NikashDeewar had best screenplay ever: Amitabh BachchanHonda City Facelift likely to launch in Feb 2017Jackie Chan to appear on 'The Kapil Sharma Show'Heavy rain and snow forecast for J&K
Indian tennis ace Rohan Bopanna and his Canadian partner Gabriela Dabrowski advanced to
Kumar Mangalam Birla meets Chidambaram Last Updated : 05 Nov 2013 07:46:34 PM IST Kumar Mangalam Birla, Hindalco Chairman (File Photo)
Hindalco Chairman Kumar Mangalam Birla, who is named in the FIR in the alleged coal block allocation scam, met Finance Minister P Chidambaram for the second time in less than three weeks.
Birla did not offer any comment on the meeting that lasted for more than 20 minutes.
The industrialist had met Chidambaram earlier on October 18 after the CBI named him in the FIR.
"As of now, I am not worried about it. There is nothing wrong (that) has been done, so why should one worry?" he had
told reporters when asked if the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) FIR would cast a shadow on the Aditya Birla Group's application for a bank licence.
The CBI had named Birla and former Coal Secretary P C Parakh in its FIR charging them with criminal conspiracy and
corruption in connection with alleged irregularities in the allocation of coal blocks eight years ago.
The investigating agency alleged in its FIR that after rejection of Hindalco's plea in 2005, Birla wrote two letters
and held a "personal meeting" with then Coal Secretary Parakh, after which a decision was reversed and Hindalco was given a coal block that was meant for two public sector undertakings - Mahanadi Coal Fields and Neyveli Lignite.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Salman Khan had a little c0-star In 'Tubelight' too
- Review: Kaabil is a winner
- Jackie Chan meets Salman Khan
- Is Deepika with Ishaan Khattar in her next international film?
- Pics: Deewar had best screenplay ever: Amitabh Bachchan
- SRK wanted Falguni Pathak to sing 'Udi udi'
- Jackie Chan to appear on 'The Kapil Sharma Show'
- Sussanne-Hrithik's picture is too cute to handle
- Mumbai relatively safer, says Kangana Ranaut
Green vehicles -- hybrid, electric and fuel cell -- are gaining popularity in China owin
Thanks to its components (mainly chips) and semiconductors business, Samsung Electronics h