- Alia Bhatt was kissing queen in 2014International debut for Sid Mallya?Salman, Deepika new lovers in town?Kim Kardashian's hot looks in 2014Writers\' Building ready for restorationWhen Mallika Sherawat seduces Om Puri, view picsKejriwal as Delhi CM and BJP in power!Revealed! Why Anushka-Virat fight over phoneSunny Leone dined, wined with 100Dimpy's heart still beats for Rahul
Boxer Sarita Devi, who had refused to accept her Asian Games bronze medal, was on Wednesda
Politicians to participate in CII’s AGM Last Updated : 31 Mar 2013 11:59:42 AM IST Politicians to participate in CII’s AGM
The two-day event is expected to be inaugurated by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
The conference would bring together various industry leaders, politicians and strategic thinkers to deliberate on subjects like overcoming the challenges of governance, food security, future of industrialization and Indian economic reforms vis-a-vis the world, CII said.
The theme of the conference is 'India of Tomorrow: Imperatives of Growth, Security and Governance'.
"The theme has been designed keeping in mind the need for focusing on issues where industry can play a greater role in nation building and creating an enabling business environment," CII Director General Chandrajit Banerjee said.
Among the politicians expected to participate in the event are Commerce and Industry Minister Anand Sharma who would share his perspective on industrialisation, while Minister of Communications and Information Technology Kapil Sibal would deliberate on the challenges of governance, CII said.
Minister of State for Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution K V Thomas would lead the discussions on India's food security, it added.
Industry leaders like Airtel CMD Sunil Bharti Mittal, Godrej Group Chairman Adi Godrej and Wipro Chairman Azim Premji would also share their views, CII said.
Besides, a special plenary session will kick off the deliberations on Day 2 with Indian National Congress Vice-President Rahul Gandhi, it added.
This would be followed by discussion on role of public sector with Minister for Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises Praful Patel and possible alignment of economics and politics by luminaries like Planning Commission Deputy Chairman Montek Singh Ahluwalia, Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit and Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Bollywood kisses were even hotter in 2014.
- International debut for Sid Mallya?
- Salman, Deepika new lovers in town?
- Kim Kardashian's hot looks in 2014
- When Mallika Sherawat seduces Om Puri, view pics
- PK BO report: Aamir Khan starrer collects Rs 92.50 cr
- KJo is surprise package in Bombay Velvet, says Anurag
- Watch Mallika Sherawat’s ‘Dirty Politics’ Movie Trailer
- Watch Surveen's ‘Nichod De’ song from Ugly
Eight coffins from Qing Dynasty (1636-1912) imperial figures, including Emperor Qianlong
India will surpass the US as the second largest market for smartphones globally by 2016.