- Fire on \'ABCD 2\' setLeonard Nimoy, Spock on \'Star Trek,\' dead at 83Amitabh to promote road safetyWatch Shah Rukh Khan turning into teenI was in two minds about doing \'Badlapur\': Huma QureshiPriyanka joins American TV show \'Quantico\'Watch incredible bridges\'Ab Tak Chhappan 2\' : Down for the count from scene oneA R Rahman ventures into script-writing, film productionWatch 10 hottest moves of Monica
Mohun Bagan has taken the top spot in the I-League football standings.
Politicians to participate in CII’s AGM Last Updated : 31 Mar 2013 11:59:42 AM IST Politicians to participate in CII’s AGM
The two-day event is expected to be inaugurated by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
The conference would bring together various industry leaders, politicians and strategic thinkers to deliberate on subjects like overcoming the challenges of governance, food security, future of industrialization and Indian economic reforms vis-a-vis the world, CII said.
The theme of the conference is 'India of Tomorrow: Imperatives of Growth, Security and Governance'.
"The theme has been designed keeping in mind the need for focusing on issues where industry can play a greater role in nation building and creating an enabling business environment," CII Director General Chandrajit Banerjee said.
Among the politicians expected to participate in the event are Commerce and Industry Minister Anand Sharma who would share his perspective on industrialisation, while Minister of Communications and Information Technology Kapil Sibal would deliberate on the challenges of governance, CII said.
Minister of State for Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution K V Thomas would lead the discussions on India's food security, it added.
Industry leaders like Airtel CMD Sunil Bharti Mittal, Godrej Group Chairman Adi Godrej and Wipro Chairman Azim Premji would also share their views, CII said.
Besides, a special plenary session will kick off the deliberations on Day 2 with Indian National Congress Vice-President Rahul Gandhi, it added.
This would be followed by discussion on role of public sector with Minister for Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises Praful Patel and possible alignment of economics and politics by luminaries like Planning Commission Deputy Chairman Montek Singh Ahluwalia, Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit and Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
A fire broke out on the sets of Varun Dhawan and Shraddha Kapoor starrer upcoming film 'AB
- Tax penalty on Actor Robert De Niro
- Leonard Nimoy, Spock on 'Star Trek,' dead at 83
- Amitabh to promote road safety
- Watch Shah Rukh Khan turning into teen
- I was in two minds about doing 'Badlapur': Huma Qureshi
- Priyanka joins American TV show 'Quantico'
- 'Ab Tak Chhappan 2' : Down for the count from scene one
- Working on 'Fan' like going back to school
Kerala High Court has helped a young couple from different faiths, who were facing death t
Google is releasing a set of tools designed for businesses and employees who want to get w