- SRK reaches children for road safety'Tamasha' collects 38.23 crores in opening weekendI'm not getting married: Preity ZintaKatrina Kaif sports a short hairdoSunny Leone invites Tusshar Kapoor for a one-night standDeepika Padukone wants to try her luck in productionBig B to reunite with Shoojit Sircar for his nextPics: Is there a ray of hope again for the LGBT?Daisy wants to explore moreHathaway flaunts baby bumps
Badminton Association of India (BAI) announced a cash award of Rs 10 lakh for PV Sindhu in
Politicians to participate in CII’s AGM Last Updated : 31 Mar 2013 11:59:42 AM IST Politicians to participate in CII’s AGM
The two-day event is expected to be inaugurated by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
The conference would bring together various industry leaders, politicians and strategic thinkers to deliberate on subjects like overcoming the challenges of governance, food security, future of industrialization and Indian economic reforms vis-a-vis the world, CII said.
The theme of the conference is 'India of Tomorrow: Imperatives of Growth, Security and Governance'.
"The theme has been designed keeping in mind the need for focusing on issues where industry can play a greater role in nation building and creating an enabling business environment," CII Director General Chandrajit Banerjee said.
Among the politicians expected to participate in the event are Commerce and Industry Minister Anand Sharma who would share his perspective on industrialisation, while Minister of Communications and Information Technology Kapil Sibal would deliberate on the challenges of governance, CII said.
Minister of State for Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution K V Thomas would lead the discussions on India's food security, it added.
Industry leaders like Airtel CMD Sunil Bharti Mittal, Godrej Group Chairman Adi Godrej and Wipro Chairman Azim Premji would also share their views, CII said.
Besides, a special plenary session will kick off the deliberations on Day 2 with Indian National Congress Vice-President Rahul Gandhi, it added.
This would be followed by discussion on role of public sector with Minister for Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises Praful Patel and possible alignment of economics and politics by luminaries like Planning Commission Deputy Chairman Montek Singh Ahluwalia, Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit and Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda.
Source:PTI, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Watch comedian Raju Srivastava's new video for 'Swachha Bharat Abhiyaan'.
- SRK reaches children for road safety
- B-town goes gaga over Ranbir-Deepika's in 'Tamasha'
- Akshay-Twinkle's dinner date at Taj
- 'Tamasha' collects 38.23 crores in opening weekend
- I'm not getting married: Preity Zinta
- Katrina Kaif sports a short hairdo
- Sunny Leone invites Tusshar Kapoor for a one-night stand
- Deepika Padukone wants to try her luck in production
Watch a taxi modelling on the ramp,Thailand's contestant will be wearing a tuk-tuk dress
Smartphones and tablets are becoming the preferred choices for Chinese consumers to do onl