- Birthday special: Ranbir Kapoor childhood picsReason why Lata Mangeshkar did not marryGionee S6s smartphone: A delight for selfie loversQuick tips for an organised homeBirthday special: Famous sayings by Yash ChopraTurn to tea tree oil for glowing skinBig B is hopeful, things will change post 'Pink'Priyanka Chopra found it 'weird' to audition for 'Quantico'Famous bold lip-locks of B-town divas we can never forgetBeing a celebrity isn't a piece of cake: Raveena Tandon
India outplayed Pakistan 3-1 to set up a title showdown with hosts Bangladesh in the Under
Politicians to participate in CII’s AGM Last Updated : 31 Mar 2013 11:59:42 AM IST Politicians to participate in CII’s AGM
The two-day event is expected to be inaugurated by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
The conference would bring together various industry leaders, politicians and strategic thinkers to deliberate on subjects like overcoming the challenges of governance, food security, future of industrialization and Indian economic reforms vis-a-vis the world, CII said.
The theme of the conference is 'India of Tomorrow: Imperatives of Growth, Security and Governance'.
"The theme has been designed keeping in mind the need for focusing on issues where industry can play a greater role in nation building and creating an enabling business environment," CII Director General Chandrajit Banerjee said.
Among the politicians expected to participate in the event are Commerce and Industry Minister Anand Sharma who would share his perspective on industrialisation, while Minister of Communications and Information Technology Kapil Sibal would deliberate on the challenges of governance, CII said.
Minister of State for Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution K V Thomas would lead the discussions on India's food security, it added.
Industry leaders like Airtel CMD Sunil Bharti Mittal, Godrej Group Chairman Adi Godrej and Wipro Chairman Azim Premji would also share their views, CII said.
Besides, a special plenary session will kick off the deliberations on Day 2 with Indian National Congress Vice-President Rahul Gandhi, it added.
This would be followed by discussion on role of public sector with Minister for Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises Praful Patel and possible alignment of economics and politics by luminaries like Planning Commission Deputy Chairman Montek Singh Ahluwalia, Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit and Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Actor-producer John Abraham says he loves action as a genre, but doesn't want to do a dest
- Love is a feeling beyond your control: Ranbir Kapoor
- Live action version of 'The Lion King' in the works
- I'm not a believer in cosmetic treatments: Sonam Kapoor
- Producing films a tough job, says Sonu Sood
- Everybody deserves to know Dhoni's inspiring story: Bhumika
- Who is Salman Khan's duplicate?
- Arjun Kapoor's 'DDLJ' moment on 'Half Girlfriend' set
- Jolie found images of Gomez, other women on Pitt's phone
Using state-of-the-art equipment, Australian researchers have managed to solve an 800-yea
Taiwan-based company HTC Corporation on Thursday launched a new smartphone "HTC Desire 1