- Real hero of India Dr Kalam is no moreJacqueline celebrates one year of 'KICK'Neha issues statement on Twitter postBollywood's smoking divasNigar Khan wedding albumAfter terror attacks in Punjab Delhi, UP put on alertSix new species of spiders found againWhy are Katrina and Ranbir giving contradictory statements on their marriage?Revealed: Besides SRK and Kajol Ajay Devgn a part of Dilwale10 Unknown facts about Kriti Sanon
Beijing and Almaty today embarked on a frantic final lobbying campaign for the 2022 Winter
Politicians to participate in CII’s AGM Last Updated : 31 Mar 2013 11:59:42 AM IST Politicians to participate in CII’s AGM
The two-day event is expected to be inaugurated by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
The conference would bring together various industry leaders, politicians and strategic thinkers to deliberate on subjects like overcoming the challenges of governance, food security, future of industrialization and Indian economic reforms vis-a-vis the world, CII said.
The theme of the conference is 'India of Tomorrow: Imperatives of Growth, Security and Governance'.
"The theme has been designed keeping in mind the need for focusing on issues where industry can play a greater role in nation building and creating an enabling business environment," CII Director General Chandrajit Banerjee said.
Among the politicians expected to participate in the event are Commerce and Industry Minister Anand Sharma who would share his perspective on industrialisation, while Minister of Communications and Information Technology Kapil Sibal would deliberate on the challenges of governance, CII said.
Minister of State for Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution K V Thomas would lead the discussions on India's food security, it added.
Industry leaders like Airtel CMD Sunil Bharti Mittal, Godrej Group Chairman Adi Godrej and Wipro Chairman Azim Premji would also share their views, CII said.
Besides, a special plenary session will kick off the deliberations on Day 2 with Indian National Congress Vice-President Rahul Gandhi, it added.
This would be followed by discussion on role of public sector with Minister for Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises Praful Patel and possible alignment of economics and politics by luminaries like Planning Commission Deputy Chairman Montek Singh Ahluwalia, Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit and Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Jacqueline Fernandez celebrates one glorious year of 'KICK'.
- Neha issues statement on Twitter post
- Bollywood's smoking divas
- Nigar Khan wedding album
- Late Whitney Houston daughter dies at the age of 22
- Why are Katrina and Ranbir giving contradictory statements on their marriage?
- Revealed: Besides SRK and Kajol Ajay Devgn a part of Dilwale
- HC to hear Salman's appeal against conviction from July 30
- Big B impressed with granddaughter's piano playing skill
Yuri Milner, the Russian billionaire who is funding the USD 100 million search for aliens,
If these images are to be believed, we would be seeing a couple of design innovations that