- Final list of \'Bigg Boss 9\' inmatesActress who were physically assaultedWhen Big B was chased by a tiger for 4 kmKarisma\'s ex hubby to marry his ex girlfriendWhat a comeback Aishwarya!Aditi Rao Hydri goes toplessSridevi's daughter Khushi kisses Jack GilinskyJab Kareena met Mira and Shahid met SaifParineeti gets in a new skinWhy was Kareena-Arjun intimate scenes deleted?
The Indian hockey team had a disappointing start to their four-Test series as they suffere
ONGC to set up its own power plants Last Updated : 29 Mar 2013 10:17:58 AM IST File photo
Andhra Pradesh state-run exploration giant ONGC ton Thursday said it plans to set up its own power plants, not just gas-based but also facilities based on nuclear, wind and other conventional energy sources.
"We intend to set up our own power plants, not just gas-based but also power plants based on conventional energy sources besides wind power, nuclear power plants," ONGC Chairman and Managing Director Sudhir Vasudeva said.
He was speaking after inaugurating?the monetisation and production operations from the first onshore marginal gas fields in KG basin at Ponnamanda village in East Godavari district of Andhra Pradesh. The fields are to be operated by KEI-RSOS Petroleum & Energy Ltd (KRPEL), a private entity.
"Our focus has been on fields with large gas potential. However, the recent increase in the gas prices has made us to relook at such marginal fields through the public private partnership," Vasudeva said.
"We see tremendous potential in this project with an expectation on three lakh cubic meters of gas, as there are five more well to be drilled. Rajahmundry asset of ONGC has been one of the best assets and hope to see it go from strengthen to strengthen," the CMD said.
He said ONGC has allocated 2 per cent of its profits towards Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) projects.
P K Rao, Manager of the PSU's KG Asset, said the commencement of gas production and monetisation of the three depleted marginal fields near Rajahmundry Sirikattapalli, Mullkipalli and Megatapalli ? has proven that ONGC's marginal fields policy has been a success.
Murthy Jasti, Managind Director of KRPEL, said it is an honour to be called "partners" of a great organisation like the ONGC.
KRPEL, the service partner in the project, has laid 15 km of pipelines connecting all the fields and built a gas gathering station capable of processing five lakh cubic metres of gas per day at Ponnamanda.Source:PTI, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Here take a look at the confirm participants of 'Bigg Boss 9'.
- Watch Salman Khan's 'Prem Leela' in 'PRDP'
- Konkona elated with 'Talvar' success
- Actress who were physically assaulted
- When Big B was chased by a tiger for 4 km
- Karisma's ex hubby to marry his ex girlfriend
- What a comeback Aishwarya!
- Aditi Rao Hydri goes topless
- Surveen Chawla not to enter 'Bigg Boss 9'
A dog in the US had to be rescued after it accidentally knocked its owner's idling truck i
Microsoft launched LUMIA 640 LTE 4G device priced at Rs 17,399 with an aim to widen its po