- Why Yo Yo Honey Singh will be out of action for two monthsSRK ignored Salman\'s invitation to attend \'Bigg Boss 8\'See Aishwarya Rai\'s teenage picturesHrithik Roshan avoids meeting Suzanne Khan7 films releasing this week, which is your pick?PICS of Chhath festivalSee Big B with a broomMannara\'s hot lovemaking scenes in Zid, view picsActress Sana Khan arrestedHarman Baweja cheats on Bipasha Basu with a foreign model
Roger Federer kept up his hopes of finishing the year as world number one when he downed
ONGC to set up its own power plants Last Updated : 29 Mar 2013 10:17:58 AM IST File photo
Andhra Pradesh state-run exploration giant ONGC ton Thursday said it plans to set up its own power plants, not just gas-based but also facilities based on nuclear, wind and other conventional energy sources.
"We intend to set up our own power plants, not just gas-based but also power plants based on conventional energy sources besides wind power, nuclear power plants," ONGC Chairman and Managing Director Sudhir Vasudeva said.
He was speaking after inaugurating?the monetisation and production operations from the first onshore marginal gas fields in KG basin at Ponnamanda village in East Godavari district of Andhra Pradesh. The fields are to be operated by KEI-RSOS Petroleum & Energy Ltd (KRPEL), a private entity.
"Our focus has been on fields with large gas potential. However, the recent increase in the gas prices has made us to relook at such marginal fields through the public private partnership," Vasudeva said.
"We see tremendous potential in this project with an expectation on three lakh cubic meters of gas, as there are five more well to be drilled. Rajahmundry asset of ONGC has been one of the best assets and hope to see it go from strengthen to strengthen," the CMD said.
He said ONGC has allocated 2 per cent of its profits towards Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) projects.
P K Rao, Manager of the PSU's KG Asset, said the commencement of gas production and monetisation of the three depleted marginal fields near Rajahmundry Sirikattapalli, Mullkipalli and Megatapalli ? has proven that ONGC's marginal fields policy has been a success.
Murthy Jasti, Managind Director of KRPEL, said it is an honour to be called "partners" of a great organisation like the ONGC.
KRPEL, the service partner in the project, has laid 15 km of pipelines connecting all the fields and built a gas gathering station capable of processing five lakh cubic metres of gas per day at Ponnamanda.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Desi kalakaar Yo Yo Honey Singh has been advised two month rest by doctors. Find out what
- SRK ignored Salman's invitation to attend 'Bigg Boss 8'
- See Aishwarya Rai's teenage pictures
- Hrithik Roshan avoids meeting Suzanne Khan
- 7 films releasing this week, which is your pick?
- Sunny Leone sports hot red bikini in ‘Mastizaade’
- Amitabh Bachchan wraps up 'KBC 8' shooting
- SRK keen to promote Bengali film industry
- Watch SRK’s new 'Sharabi song' from movie HNY
It is always a subject of debate whether Unidentified Flying Objects (UFO) does exist or n
Microsoft Devices has launched entry level dual-sim mobile phone 'Nokia 130' in India.