- VJ Rannvijay marries PriyankaAll set for fifth phase of pollsPoonam Pandey loves eating PastaHrithik danced for 12-hours at strechPICS : Lara Dutta turns 36Xcent gets 450 bookings everydayJulie sequel back with Deepak ShivdasaniPICS : Deepika, Madhuri rock in IPL-7Meet Mandakini's hubby and childPICS : Meet Sunny Deol's son Karan Deol
Iconic Indian cricketer Sachin Tendulkar after buying a ISL team is now set to own a tenn
ONGC to set up its own power plants Last Updated : 29 Mar 2013 10:17:58 AM IST File photo
Andhra Pradesh state-run exploration giant ONGC ton Thursday said it plans to set up its own power plants, not just gas-based but also facilities based on nuclear, wind and other conventional energy sources.
"We intend to set up our own power plants, not just gas-based but also power plants based on conventional energy sources besides wind power, nuclear power plants," ONGC Chairman and Managing Director Sudhir Vasudeva said.
He was speaking after inaugurating?the monetisation and production operations from the first onshore marginal gas fields in KG basin at Ponnamanda village in East Godavari district of Andhra Pradesh. The fields are to be operated by KEI-RSOS Petroleum & Energy Ltd (KRPEL), a private entity.
"Our focus has been on fields with large gas potential. However, the recent increase in the gas prices has made us to relook at such marginal fields through the public private partnership," Vasudeva said.
"We see tremendous potential in this project with an expectation on three lakh cubic meters of gas, as there are five more well to be drilled. Rajahmundry asset of ONGC has been one of the best assets and hope to see it go from strengthen to strengthen," the CMD said.
He said ONGC has allocated 2 per cent of its profits towards Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) projects.
P K Rao, Manager of the PSU's KG Asset, said the commencement of gas production and monetisation of the three depleted marginal fields near Rajahmundry Sirikattapalli, Mullkipalli and Megatapalli ? has proven that ONGC's marginal fields policy has been a success.
Murthy Jasti, Managind Director of KRPEL, said it is an honour to be called "partners" of a great organisation like the ONGC.
KRPEL, the service partner in the project, has laid 15 km of pipelines connecting all the fields and built a gas gathering station capable of processing five lakh cubic metres of gas per day at Ponnamanda.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Video Jockey (VJ) and co-host of MTV Rodies turned actor Rannvijay Singh recently got marr
- Sanju Baba caught off guard in leaked MMS clip
- Poonam Pandey loves eating Pasta
- PICS : Hrithik's Dancing Prowess
- PICS : Lara Dutta turns 36
- Deepak Shivdasani's is back with 'Julie' sequel
- PICS : Deepika, Madhuri rock in IPL-7
- Mandakini not staying with Dawood Ibrahim
- PICS : Meet Sunny Deol's son Karan Deol
Social media is about nurturing connections but lately it has enabled internet users to pu
Taiwanese technology firm Asus has launched dual SIM tablet Fonepad 7 in India.