- Soha Ali Khan, Kunal Khemu tie the knotMallika Sherawat to enter Bigg Boss Halla BolPatrick Stewart praises Jennifer LawrenceAamir Khan\'s \'PK\' to release in ChinaWatch PM Modi receiving the Obamas in DelhiAyushmann to act in Punjabi film?PICS: Soha Ali Khan\'s mehendi ceremonyMovie Review: Dolly Ki DoliTrisha Krishnan, Varun Manian engagedInside Soha Ali Khan\'s bachelorette bash
Leander Paes and Martina Hingis won their mixed doubles opener while Rohan Bopanna and Bar
ONGC to set up its own power plants Last Updated : 29 Mar 2013 10:17:58 AM IST File photo
Andhra Pradesh state-run exploration giant ONGC ton Thursday said it plans to set up its own power plants, not just gas-based but also facilities based on nuclear, wind and other conventional energy sources.
"We intend to set up our own power plants, not just gas-based but also power plants based on conventional energy sources besides wind power, nuclear power plants," ONGC Chairman and Managing Director Sudhir Vasudeva said.
He was speaking after inaugurating?the monetisation and production operations from the first onshore marginal gas fields in KG basin at Ponnamanda village in East Godavari district of Andhra Pradesh. The fields are to be operated by KEI-RSOS Petroleum & Energy Ltd (KRPEL), a private entity.
"Our focus has been on fields with large gas potential. However, the recent increase in the gas prices has made us to relook at such marginal fields through the public private partnership," Vasudeva said.
"We see tremendous potential in this project with an expectation on three lakh cubic meters of gas, as there are five more well to be drilled. Rajahmundry asset of ONGC has been one of the best assets and hope to see it go from strengthen to strengthen," the CMD said.
He said ONGC has allocated 2 per cent of its profits towards Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) projects.
P K Rao, Manager of the PSU's KG Asset, said the commencement of gas production and monetisation of the three depleted marginal fields near Rajahmundry Sirikattapalli, Mullkipalli and Megatapalli ? has proven that ONGC's marginal fields policy has been a success.
Murthy Jasti, Managind Director of KRPEL, said it is an honour to be called "partners" of a great organisation like the ONGC.
KRPEL, the service partner in the project, has laid 15 km of pipelines connecting all the fields and built a gas gathering station capable of processing five lakh cubic metres of gas per day at Ponnamanda.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Actress Soha Ali Khan today tied the knot with longtime partner Kunal Khemu in an intimate
- Mallika Sherawat to enter Bigg Boss Halla Bol
- Patrick Stewart praises Jennifer Lawrence
- Aamir Khan's 'PK' to release in China
- 'Superstars should do content-based cinema'
- Ayushmann to act in Punjabi film?
- New Censor board for films, books on Sikhs
- PICS: Soha Ali Khan's mehendi ceremony
- Movie Review: Dolly Ki Doli
Dog is man's best friend, and we have wolves to thank for it!
Chinese handset maker Xiaomi will be launching its latest 4G device Mi4 in India on Jan 28