- Sexy Mallika Sherawat celebrating birthdayRanveer hides his bald look under hat in partyTen reasons to watch \'Happy New Year\'Katie Holmes shares beauty tipsHalle Berry launched lingersPics: Bollywood celebrities who attended Aamir Khan\'s diwali partyImages: Happy New Year movie stars dazzle in DubaiSONGS: Manna Dey had a mesmerising voice!PM Modi celebrates Diwali with jawans at Siachen'PK' is the toughest role of my career: Aamir Khan
Sardar Singh will lead a 21-member Indian men’s hockey squad for the four-match Test tou
ONGC to set up its own power plants Last Updated : 29 Mar 2013 10:17:58 AM IST File photo
Andhra Pradesh state-run exploration giant ONGC ton Thursday said it plans to set up its own power plants, not just gas-based but also facilities based on nuclear, wind and other conventional energy sources.
"We intend to set up our own power plants, not just gas-based but also power plants based on conventional energy sources besides wind power, nuclear power plants," ONGC Chairman and Managing Director Sudhir Vasudeva said.
He was speaking after inaugurating?the monetisation and production operations from the first onshore marginal gas fields in KG basin at Ponnamanda village in East Godavari district of Andhra Pradesh. The fields are to be operated by KEI-RSOS Petroleum & Energy Ltd (KRPEL), a private entity.
"Our focus has been on fields with large gas potential. However, the recent increase in the gas prices has made us to relook at such marginal fields through the public private partnership," Vasudeva said.
"We see tremendous potential in this project with an expectation on three lakh cubic meters of gas, as there are five more well to be drilled. Rajahmundry asset of ONGC has been one of the best assets and hope to see it go from strengthen to strengthen," the CMD said.
He said ONGC has allocated 2 per cent of its profits towards Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) projects.
P K Rao, Manager of the PSU's KG Asset, said the commencement of gas production and monetisation of the three depleted marginal fields near Rajahmundry Sirikattapalli, Mullkipalli and Megatapalli ? has proven that ONGC's marginal fields policy has been a success.
Murthy Jasti, Managind Director of KRPEL, said it is an honour to be called "partners" of a great organisation like the ONGC.
KRPEL, the service partner in the project, has laid 15 km of pipelines connecting all the fields and built a gas gathering station capable of processing five lakh cubic metres of gas per day at Ponnamanda.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
It is Mallika Sherawat birthday.
- Ranveer hides his bald look under hat in party
- Ten reasons to watch 'Happy New Year'
- Elizabeth Hurley enjoying with little man
- Katie Holmes shares beauty tips
- Jennifer Aniston set wedding details
- Katy Perry cancels birthday trip to Egypt?
- Halle Berry launched lingers
- Pics: Bollywood celebrities who attended Aamir Khan's diwali party
Country's first fish hospital to treat abnormalities and diseases in them is set to come u
Korean handset maker Samsung on Tuesday launched its most expensive device in the country