- 3 married lesbians expecting their first babyPICS: If this is not Modi wave what else is!Cricketer Sachin votesKunal Kapoor to become Bachchan’s ‘Damaad’?Letter written on Titanic up for auctionMeet Ajay-Kajol’s kids Nysa and Yug, view picsRani Mukerji childhood picturesShri Sai Baba of Shirdi:Rare Picsunseen pictures of Sachin TendulkarIPL7: Preity Zinta cheers for KXIP, view pics
PV Sindhu, Parupalli Kashyap and RMV Gurusaidutt made winning starts to their respective
ONGC to set up its own power plants Last Updated : 29 Mar 2013 10:17:58 AM IST File photo
Andhra Pradesh state-run exploration giant ONGC ton Thursday said it plans to set up its own power plants, not just gas-based but also facilities based on nuclear, wind and other conventional energy sources.
"We intend to set up our own power plants, not just gas-based but also power plants based on conventional energy sources besides wind power, nuclear power plants," ONGC Chairman and Managing Director Sudhir Vasudeva said.
He was speaking after inaugurating?the monetisation and production operations from the first onshore marginal gas fields in KG basin at Ponnamanda village in East Godavari district of Andhra Pradesh. The fields are to be operated by KEI-RSOS Petroleum & Energy Ltd (KRPEL), a private entity.
"Our focus has been on fields with large gas potential. However, the recent increase in the gas prices has made us to relook at such marginal fields through the public private partnership," Vasudeva said.
"We see tremendous potential in this project with an expectation on three lakh cubic meters of gas, as there are five more well to be drilled. Rajahmundry asset of ONGC has been one of the best assets and hope to see it go from strengthen to strengthen," the CMD said.
He said ONGC has allocated 2 per cent of its profits towards Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) projects.
P K Rao, Manager of the PSU's KG Asset, said the commencement of gas production and monetisation of the three depleted marginal fields near Rajahmundry Sirikattapalli, Mullkipalli and Megatapalli ? has proven that ONGC's marginal fields policy has been a success.
Murthy Jasti, Managind Director of KRPEL, said it is an honour to be called "partners" of a great organisation like the ONGC.
KRPEL, the service partner in the project, has laid 15 km of pipelines connecting all the fields and built a gas gathering station capable of processing five lakh cubic metres of gas per day at Ponnamanda.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
If rumours are to be believed actor Kunal Kapoor may join Bachchans family as damaad (Son-
- Jodha Akbar director denies sexually abusing actor Paridhi Sharma
- Angelina Jolie and I ‘check in on each other ’: Billy Bob Thornton
- Meet Ajay-Kajol’s kids Nysa and Yug, view pics
- Rani Mukerji childhood pictures
- Yo Yo Honey Singh generous towards Akshay
- Truth behind Rani-Aditya hush-hush wedding
- 'Kill Dil' first look:Parineeti Chopra's oomph
- Sunny Leone's unbuttoned pics
Brynn, Doll and Kitten Young are probably the first 'throuple' who got married and are now
Homegrown handset maker Micromax on Tuesday launched its new six-inch phablet 'Canvas Dood