- 12-yr-old Nicole Barr is as intelligent as Albert Eintein and Stephen HawkingFloods create a havoc in Kolkata, in picsMumbai costliest city for travellersBeyonce suffers wardrobe malfunctionAishwarya coming back after 5-yearsKangana walks ramp for designer Manav GangwaniChina's chicken, lamb kebabs in DelhiSee Richa in de-glamourised avatarAjay Devgn's Drishyam earns Rs 17 crore in 2 days'Menstruation and girls relation'
Sporting legend Milkha Singh in Chandigarh on Sunday congratulated golfer Ranveer Singh Sa
ONGC to set up its own power plants Last Updated : 29 Mar 2013 10:17:58 AM IST File photo
Andhra Pradesh state-run exploration giant ONGC ton Thursday said it plans to set up its own power plants, not just gas-based but also facilities based on nuclear, wind and other conventional energy sources.
"We intend to set up our own power plants, not just gas-based but also power plants based on conventional energy sources besides wind power, nuclear power plants," ONGC Chairman and Managing Director Sudhir Vasudeva said.
He was speaking after inaugurating?the monetisation and production operations from the first onshore marginal gas fields in KG basin at Ponnamanda village in East Godavari district of Andhra Pradesh. The fields are to be operated by KEI-RSOS Petroleum & Energy Ltd (KRPEL), a private entity.
"Our focus has been on fields with large gas potential. However, the recent increase in the gas prices has made us to relook at such marginal fields through the public private partnership," Vasudeva said.
"We see tremendous potential in this project with an expectation on three lakh cubic meters of gas, as there are five more well to be drilled. Rajahmundry asset of ONGC has been one of the best assets and hope to see it go from strengthen to strengthen," the CMD said.
He said ONGC has allocated 2 per cent of its profits towards Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) projects.
P K Rao, Manager of the PSU's KG Asset, said the commencement of gas production and monetisation of the three depleted marginal fields near Rajahmundry Sirikattapalli, Mullkipalli and Megatapalli ? has proven that ONGC's marginal fields policy has been a success.
Murthy Jasti, Managind Director of KRPEL, said it is an honour to be called "partners" of a great organisation like the ONGC.
KRPEL, the service partner in the project, has laid 15 km of pipelines connecting all the fields and built a gas gathering station capable of processing five lakh cubic metres of gas per day at Ponnamanda.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Arpita Khan, Salman Khan's darling sister is celebrating her birthday in Barcelona in styl
- Dhak Dhak girl launches her latest venture Madz
- Why Hrithik Roshan praised Freida Pinto so much?
- First look of 'Meeruthiya Gangsters' launched
- Top five Dancing Divas of Bollywood
- YRF to debut on US TV now!
- Akshara Haasan to walk ramp for Bridal show
- Sonakshi excited for Dawood's sister role
- AIB now to spoof Bollywood party songs
12-year-old UK girl gets highest IQ test score of 162
If these images are to be believed, we would be seeing a couple of design innovations that