- India launches its biggest rocketPICS: Prasoon Joshi pens poem on Peshawar massacreMeet Mr Praveen Mast the real 'PK'Leone calls Salman her godfatherThe Lunchbox named best film in TorontoHow Malala Yousafzai was sot dead:See in picsShocking pictures of Peshawar school attackFarha to replace Salman in 'Bigg Boss 8'Exclusive coffee table book for 'Kick' fansSchoolchildren observe silence
Boxer Sarita Devi, who had refused to accept her Asian Games bronze medal, was on Wednesda
ONGC to set up its own power plants Last Updated : 29 Mar 2013 10:17:58 AM IST File photo
Andhra Pradesh state-run exploration giant ONGC ton Thursday said it plans to set up its own power plants, not just gas-based but also facilities based on nuclear, wind and other conventional energy sources.
"We intend to set up our own power plants, not just gas-based but also power plants based on conventional energy sources besides wind power, nuclear power plants," ONGC Chairman and Managing Director Sudhir Vasudeva said.
He was speaking after inaugurating?the monetisation and production operations from the first onshore marginal gas fields in KG basin at Ponnamanda village in East Godavari district of Andhra Pradesh. The fields are to be operated by KEI-RSOS Petroleum & Energy Ltd (KRPEL), a private entity.
"Our focus has been on fields with large gas potential. However, the recent increase in the gas prices has made us to relook at such marginal fields through the public private partnership," Vasudeva said.
"We see tremendous potential in this project with an expectation on three lakh cubic meters of gas, as there are five more well to be drilled. Rajahmundry asset of ONGC has been one of the best assets and hope to see it go from strengthen to strengthen," the CMD said.
He said ONGC has allocated 2 per cent of its profits towards Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) projects.
P K Rao, Manager of the PSU's KG Asset, said the commencement of gas production and monetisation of the three depleted marginal fields near Rajahmundry Sirikattapalli, Mullkipalli and Megatapalli ? has proven that ONGC's marginal fields policy has been a success.
Murthy Jasti, Managind Director of KRPEL, said it is an honour to be called "partners" of a great organisation like the ONGC.
KRPEL, the service partner in the project, has laid 15 km of pipelines connecting all the fields and built a gas gathering station capable of processing five lakh cubic metres of gas per day at Ponnamanda.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Bollywood most awaited movie 'PK' which hits in theaters on Friday have top 10 secrets.
- Stanford University students meets SRK
- Kate Upton named sexiest woman
- Meet four sexy Kingfisher Calender 2015 hot girls
- I won't be hosting Bigg Boss 8: Salman Khan
- Rajkumar Hirani is the best director: Karan Johar tweeted
- From which Delhi university college did Anurag Kashyap graduate?
- Man spends USD 150K to look like Kim K
- Top ten spicy controversies of Aamir Khan
Eight coffins from Qing Dynasty (1636-1912) imperial figures, including Emperor Qianlong
Homegrown handset maker Lava on Tuesday launched a new smartphone -- Iris Fuel 60 -- offer