- Oops! Ill Anushka to skip 'Dil Dhadakne Do' promotions at IPL finalWhom Khloe Kardashian dating now?Tanu weds Manu takes box office by stormFirst look of 'Bombairiya' unveiledSalman has Hollywood offer from SylvesterPamela Anderson ready to date guys againEva Green ditched her natural hairSofia's ex seek custody of embryosWhy Cara Delevingne is angry?Old foes MI, CSK to meet in IPL final
India's Deepa Kumari has been promoted as the international hockey umpire by the Internati
ONGC to set up its own power plants Last Updated : 29 Mar 2013 10:17:58 AM IST File photo
Andhra Pradesh state-run exploration giant ONGC ton Thursday said it plans to set up its own power plants, not just gas-based but also facilities based on nuclear, wind and other conventional energy sources.
"We intend to set up our own power plants, not just gas-based but also power plants based on conventional energy sources besides wind power, nuclear power plants," ONGC Chairman and Managing Director Sudhir Vasudeva said.
He was speaking after inaugurating?the monetisation and production operations from the first onshore marginal gas fields in KG basin at Ponnamanda village in East Godavari district of Andhra Pradesh. The fields are to be operated by KEI-RSOS Petroleum & Energy Ltd (KRPEL), a private entity.
"Our focus has been on fields with large gas potential. However, the recent increase in the gas prices has made us to relook at such marginal fields through the public private partnership," Vasudeva said.
"We see tremendous potential in this project with an expectation on three lakh cubic meters of gas, as there are five more well to be drilled. Rajahmundry asset of ONGC has been one of the best assets and hope to see it go from strengthen to strengthen," the CMD said.
He said ONGC has allocated 2 per cent of its profits towards Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) projects.
P K Rao, Manager of the PSU's KG Asset, said the commencement of gas production and monetisation of the three depleted marginal fields near Rajahmundry Sirikattapalli, Mullkipalli and Megatapalli ? has proven that ONGC's marginal fields policy has been a success.
Murthy Jasti, Managind Director of KRPEL, said it is an honour to be called "partners" of a great organisation like the ONGC.
KRPEL, the service partner in the project, has laid 15 km of pipelines connecting all the fields and built a gas gathering station capable of processing five lakh cubic metres of gas per day at Ponnamanda.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Oops! Bollywood's pretty lady Anushka Sharma has exhausted herself and was falling ill. Ev
- PICS:Whom Khloe Kardashian dating now?
- Tanu weds Manu takes box office by storm
- FIR, obscenity case against Sunny Leone
- Raj Babbar, Salma Agha to reunite
- First look of 'Bombairiya' unveiled
- Salman has Hollywood offer from Sylvester
- Pamela Anderson ready to date guys again
- Eva Green ditched her natural hair
An American woman, said to be the oldest living person in the world, has celebrated her 11
Government is setting up a centre that will detect malicious programmes like 'botnets' and