- All you want to know about Bhajji's weddingSidharth, Katrina celebrate \'Baar Baar Dekho\' wrapFinal list of \'Bigg Boss 9\' inmatesActress who were physically assaultedWhen Big B was chased by a tiger for 4 kmKarisma\'s ex hubby to marry his ex girlfriendWhat a comeback Aishwarya!Aditi Rao Hydri goes toplessSridevi's daughter Khushi kisses Jack GilinskyJab Kareena met Mira and Shahid met Saif
The Indian hockey team had a disappointing start to their four-Test series as they suffere
Diesel price hiked by 45 paise a litre Last Updated : 22 Mar 2013 08:40:05 PM IST File Photo
Diesel price was on Friday hiked by 45 paise per litre, the third increase in the rate of nation's most consumed fuel since January.
Diesel price will be hiked by 45 paise, excluding VAT, from midnight tonight, Indian Oil Corp (IOC), the nation's largest oil firm, announced.
In Delhi, diesel price will go up by 51 paise per litre after including local sales tax or VAT, to Rs 48.67 per litre from Saturday as against current rate of Rs 48.16.
The government had in January authorised state-owned oil firms to hike diesel prices by small doses of up to 50 paise per litre every month till such time that their losses on the fuel sale are completely wiped out.
Oil firms, which hiked diesel prices by equal measure of 45 paise on January 18 and then on February 16, were to hike rate on March 16 along with a Rs 2.40 per litre cut in petrol price. But the companies deferred a decision on diesel to avoid the government blushes in Parliament. With Parliament adjourning today for a month long break, oil firms raised diesel prices.
IOC said even after the hike, oil firms are losing Rs 8.19 per litre. In addition, the oil firms are losing Rs 33.43 per litre on sale of kerosene through the PDS system and Rs 439 on every 14.2-kg LPG cylinder sold for domestic consumption.
Oil firms are likely to end the fiscal with an under- recovery or revenue loss of Rs 1,63,000 crore on diesel, LPG and kerosene sale. Revenue loss for IOC alone is estimated at Rs 86,400 crore.
City Current Price Revised Price Increase
Delhi 48.16 48.67 0.51
Kolkata 52.04 52.57 0.53
Mumbai 54.26 54.83 0.57
Chennai 51.23 51.78 0.55Source:PTI, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Bollywood newbie Athiya Shetty, will walk the ramp for designers Rohit Gandhi and Rahul Kh
- Sidharth, Katrina celebrate 'Baar Baar Dekho' wrap
- Final list of 'Bigg Boss 9' inmates
- Watch Salman Khan's 'Prem Leela' in 'PRDP'
- Konkona elated with 'Talvar' success
- Actress who were physically assaulted
- When Big B was chased by a tiger for 4 km
- Karisma's ex hubby to marry his ex girlfriend
- What a comeback Aishwarya!
A dog in the US had to be rescued after it accidentally knocked its owner's idling truck i
Microsoft launched LUMIA 640 LTE 4G device priced at Rs 17,399 with an aim to widen its po