- Lindsay not invited in father\'s weddingPamela Anderson sends tips to B-woodTourism in Rajasthan growing\'DDLJ\' new trailer launchedModi's wife feels insecure with securityAre Salman and SRK coming together in a movie?OMG! 26 yrs jail for Veena Malik and her husbandEx flames Alia and Varun together in a film?Was Jaya Bachchan a peacemaker at Arpita Khan's wedding?Is Katrina Kaif signing no films after 2016?
Upbeat over winning the China Open title and moving up to the fourth spot in the latest BW
Diesel price hiked by 45 paise a litre Last Updated : 22 Mar 2013 08:40:05 PM IST File Photo
Diesel price was on Friday hiked by 45 paise per litre, the third increase in the rate of nation's most consumed fuel since January.
Diesel price will be hiked by 45 paise, excluding VAT, from midnight tonight, Indian Oil Corp (IOC), the nation's largest oil firm, announced.
In Delhi, diesel price will go up by 51 paise per litre after including local sales tax or VAT, to Rs 48.67 per litre from Saturday as against current rate of Rs 48.16.
The government had in January authorised state-owned oil firms to hike diesel prices by small doses of up to 50 paise per litre every month till such time that their losses on the fuel sale are completely wiped out.
Oil firms, which hiked diesel prices by equal measure of 45 paise on January 18 and then on February 16, were to hike rate on March 16 along with a Rs 2.40 per litre cut in petrol price. But the companies deferred a decision on diesel to avoid the government blushes in Parliament. With Parliament adjourning today for a month long break, oil firms raised diesel prices.
IOC said even after the hike, oil firms are losing Rs 8.19 per litre. In addition, the oil firms are losing Rs 33.43 per litre on sale of kerosene through the PDS system and Rs 439 on every 14.2-kg LPG cylinder sold for domestic consumption.
Oil firms are likely to end the fiscal with an under- recovery or revenue loss of Rs 1,63,000 crore on diesel, LPG and kerosene sale. Revenue loss for IOC alone is estimated at Rs 86,400 crore.
City Current Price Revised Price Increase
Delhi 48.16 48.67 0.51
Kolkata 52.04 52.57 0.53
Mumbai 54.26 54.83 0.57
Chennai 51.23 51.78 0.55
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Actress Lindsay Lohan reportedly not invited to her father's second wedding.
- Pamela Anderson sends tips to B-wood
- Why Arpita’s wedding was biggest event for B-town?
- 'DDLJ' new trailer launched
- KJo gets Aishwarya Rai, Ranbir Kapoor together
- Are Salman and SRK coming together in a movie?
- OMG! 26 yrs jail for Veena Malik and her husband
- Ex flames Alia and Varun together in a film?
- Watch Radha Nachegi song from movie 'Tevar'
A video of young elephant fighting with 14 lions has gone viral on You Tube.
Falling prices of entry-level smartphone devices have led to its increasing demand.