- Why Shraddha uncomfortable in kissing Emraan HashmiLava from Hawaii\'s Kilauea Volcano advancing,evacuation to beginHow Aaradhya Bachchan celebrated Diwali with familyAnushka and Virat spotted together againAamir Khan\'s special for Sanjay DuttNathuram Godse should have killed Nehru, not GandhiThunderous response to Shah Rukh Khan\'s Happy New Year:Rs 44.97 crore on Day 1Amitabh\'s Jalsa turns star studded this DiwaliDeepika challenges Sunny Leone\'Diwali\' celebrations in pics
Delhi Dynamos fired three stunning goals and scored another one from the penalty spot to
Food inflation a credit negative for India: Moody's Last Updated : 18 Mar 2013 04:54:49 PM IST Food inflation not good for India: Moody's
"Sustained food inflation is credit negative because it exacerbates India's macroeconomic challenges of slowing growth, high inflation and large fiscal and current account deficits," Moody's Investors Service said in credit outlook report.
While Fitch and Standard and Poor's have downgraded their outlook on India to "negative" from "stable", Moody's Investors Service has assigned a "stable" outlook.
The Wholesale Price Index for February showed that food prices increased by 11.4 per cent year-on-year, raising overall inflation for the month to 6.8 per cent, despite a deceleration in core inflation to 3.8 per cent.
Moody's said India's current pace of food inflation is faster than the global average.
"Moreover, although food inflation is not desirable anywhere, it has particularly credit negative implications for India because of its economic structure and policy framework," it added.
Food inflation, it said, "hurts consumption, government finances, the balance of payments and monetary policy flexibility".
"Because the Indian government subsidises food for a large portion of the population, increases in food prices inflate government expenditure...and the budget deficit, which is already high relative to comparable emerging markets," Moody's' said.
As per the credit ratings agency, food demand is unlikely to fall, and food supply is difficult to raise.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Akshay Kumar and his family did not celebrate the festival of Diwali this year.
- Why Shraddha uncomfortable in kissing Emraan Hashmi
- How Aaradhya Bachchan celebrated Diwali with family
- Sadashiv Amrapurkar critically ill
- Anushka and Virat spotted together again
- Katie Price wants to sell breast implants to fan
- Rajinikanth first look in ‘Lingaa’
- We will never remake 'Awara': Randhir Kapoor
- Lindsay Lohan gets upset when asked about imprisonment
Country's first fish hospital to treat abnormalities and diseases in them is set to come u
Korean handset maker Samsung on Tuesday launched its most expensive device in the country