- Chicken tikka masala loses charm!MMS of Shah Rukh Khan's son's lookalike going viral?OMG! Kangana spotted with a red mark below her neckRevenge time in Bigg Boss 8Manyata arranges Mata Ki Chowki without Sanjay DuttKhoobsurat actor Fawad Khan will kiss in his next Bollywood movie?Sunny Leone is the Jane of \'Tarzan\'Shah Rukh proves he has real abs, not fakeOMG! Hottie Shruti Haasan wants a child before marriageGauri Khan and Suzanne Khan are close buddy, know why
Distraught after losing her controversial semifinal bout, Indian boxer L Sarita Devi on We
Sensex at 2-wk high, up 161 pts as Infosys,TCS climb to record Last Updated : 07 Mar 2013 04:26:24 PM IST File Photo
Wiping off initial losses, the BSE benchmark Sensex today surged by nearly 161 pts to a 2-week high of 19,413.54 as shares of Infosys and Tata Consultancy Services climbed to record high levels on optimism the US will soon be back on growth track.
After a lower start, the Sensex spurted by 160.93 points, or 0.84 per cent to 19,413.54. The gauge has now gained 536 points in three sessions.
The broad-based National Stock Exchange index Nifty rose by 44.70 points, or 0.77 per cent to 5,863.30, after opening lower at 5,801.30. Infosys surged 1.29 per cent to Rs 3,004.75, its highest level after March, 2011 and Tata Consultancy Services, the largest software exporter closed at a new high by adding 2.10 per cent to end Rs 1,590.45.
Engineering major L&T shot up by 2.08 per cent to Rs 1,463.45, continuing its rise after CLSA Asia-Pacific Markets upgraded rating on the counter today. Goldman Sachs had upgraded the stock on Monday.
Brokers said besides momentum in interest-rate sensitive stocks ahead of the RBI's policy review this month on hopes of a rate cut, stocks of software companies surged on hopes of a recovery in the US growth and a better Europan trend before central bank policy meetings in the region.
Indian software companies get over 50 per cent of their revenues from the US and European markets. Traders said the Dow Jones Industrial Average hit a new high yesterday as the US service industry grew at the fastest pace in a year amid optimism the Federal Reserve will maintain stimulus measures to support the economy.
In 30- BSE index components, 20 stocks climbed while 10 ended lower. The realty sector index gained the most by 1.68 per cent to 2,069.08, followed by IT index by 1.66 per cent to 7,059.60. The capital goods index rose by 1.59 per cent to 9,676.88 and banking index by 0.86 per cent to 13,733.93.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
An MMS of SRK's son's lookalike is going viral with his friend?
- OMG! SRK’s son Aryan’s lookalike's MMS goes viral on WhatsApp
- OMG! Kangana spotted with a red mark below her neck
- This is what Katrina said about Kareena Kapoor
- Revenge time in Bigg Boss 8
- Manyata arranges Mata Ki Chowki without Sanjay Dutt
- Who is hotter, Katrina in 'Bang Bang' or Deepika Padukone in 'Happy New Year'
- Khoobsurat actor Fawad Khan will kiss in his next Bollywood movie?
- Sunny Leone is the Jane of 'Tarzan'
A class 12th student, identified as Maqsood, was mauled by a white tiger at Delhi Zoo on T
BlackBerry on Monday launched its new smartphone BalckBerry Passport for Rs 49, 990 in Ind