- Celebs who choose Work over HoneymoonNo \'aaj ki party\' song in Bajrangi BhaijaanSalman Khan finally ready to get married as per his family\'s wishWhy Alia Bhatt dislikes her father Mahesh Bhatt\'s franknessUnknown facts about Shahid\'s girl Mira RajputHema Malini injured and a 4-yr -old dead in a road accident in RajasthanWhy children love Salman?Aashiqui girl\'s tell-all autobiogrphyAbrar Nadiadwala entered Marathi filmKnow how to become famous on Facebook
Lionel Messi produced a scintillating individual performance as Argentina destroyed Paragu
Sensex at 2-wk high, up 161 pts as Infosys,TCS climb to record Last Updated : 07 Mar 2013 04:26:24 PM IST File Photo
Wiping off initial losses, the BSE benchmark Sensex today surged by nearly 161 pts to a 2-week high of 19,413.54 as shares of Infosys and Tata Consultancy Services climbed to record high levels on optimism the US will soon be back on growth track.
After a lower start, the Sensex spurted by 160.93 points, or 0.84 per cent to 19,413.54. The gauge has now gained 536 points in three sessions.
The broad-based National Stock Exchange index Nifty rose by 44.70 points, or 0.77 per cent to 5,863.30, after opening lower at 5,801.30. Infosys surged 1.29 per cent to Rs 3,004.75, its highest level after March, 2011 and Tata Consultancy Services, the largest software exporter closed at a new high by adding 2.10 per cent to end Rs 1,590.45.
Engineering major L&T shot up by 2.08 per cent to Rs 1,463.45, continuing its rise after CLSA Asia-Pacific Markets upgraded rating on the counter today. Goldman Sachs had upgraded the stock on Monday.
Brokers said besides momentum in interest-rate sensitive stocks ahead of the RBI's policy review this month on hopes of a rate cut, stocks of software companies surged on hopes of a recovery in the US growth and a better Europan trend before central bank policy meetings in the region.
Indian software companies get over 50 per cent of their revenues from the US and European markets. Traders said the Dow Jones Industrial Average hit a new high yesterday as the US service industry grew at the fastest pace in a year amid optimism the Federal Reserve will maintain stimulus measures to support the economy.
In 30- BSE index components, 20 stocks climbed while 10 ended lower. The realty sector index gained the most by 1.68 per cent to 2,069.08, followed by IT index by 1.66 per cent to 7,059.60. The capital goods index rose by 1.59 per cent to 9,676.88 and banking index by 0.86 per cent to 13,733.93.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Like many other Bollywood celebrities Sasha also choose to WORK over honeymoon. Follow on
- No 'aaj ki party' song in Bajrangi Bhaijaan
- Salman Khan finally ready to get married as per his family's wish
- Why Alia Bhatt dislikes her father Mahesh Bhatt's frankness
- Unknown facts about Shahid's girl Mira Rajput
- Why children love Salman?
- Aashiqui girl's tell-all autobiogrphy
- Abrar Nadiadwala entered Marathi film
- Super-Hot teaser of 'Calendar Girls' out!
The state's Technical Education and Training Minister Ujjal Biswas said that the student s
Xiaomi the smartphone giant which offers great features at less prices has yet made anothe