- Yazidi girl recounts sex slaves storySaifreena holidaying in Maldives'American Idol' is boring for Mariah CareyKhloe Karadashian ready for divorce?Suresh Raina shares honeymoon picsSidharth spending night with Alia,Mom Razdan reveals allInteresting facts about Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan'List of Kangana Ranaut's boyfriendsWhen Sachin’s driving cause headache to AnjaliIs Rakhi obsessed with Sunny Leone? said, \'Leela ko geela kar dungi\'
Russian Sports Minister Vitaly Mutko said today he was pleased by Sepp Blatter's reelecti
Sensex at 2-wk high, up 161 pts as Infosys,TCS climb to record Last Updated : 07 Mar 2013 04:26:24 PM IST File Photo
Wiping off initial losses, the BSE benchmark Sensex today surged by nearly 161 pts to a 2-week high of 19,413.54 as shares of Infosys and Tata Consultancy Services climbed to record high levels on optimism the US will soon be back on growth track.
After a lower start, the Sensex spurted by 160.93 points, or 0.84 per cent to 19,413.54. The gauge has now gained 536 points in three sessions.
The broad-based National Stock Exchange index Nifty rose by 44.70 points, or 0.77 per cent to 5,863.30, after opening lower at 5,801.30. Infosys surged 1.29 per cent to Rs 3,004.75, its highest level after March, 2011 and Tata Consultancy Services, the largest software exporter closed at a new high by adding 2.10 per cent to end Rs 1,590.45.
Engineering major L&T shot up by 2.08 per cent to Rs 1,463.45, continuing its rise after CLSA Asia-Pacific Markets upgraded rating on the counter today. Goldman Sachs had upgraded the stock on Monday.
Brokers said besides momentum in interest-rate sensitive stocks ahead of the RBI's policy review this month on hopes of a rate cut, stocks of software companies surged on hopes of a recovery in the US growth and a better Europan trend before central bank policy meetings in the region.
Indian software companies get over 50 per cent of their revenues from the US and European markets. Traders said the Dow Jones Industrial Average hit a new high yesterday as the US service industry grew at the fastest pace in a year amid optimism the Federal Reserve will maintain stimulus measures to support the economy.
In 30- BSE index components, 20 stocks climbed while 10 ended lower. The realty sector index gained the most by 1.68 per cent to 2,069.08, followed by IT index by 1.66 per cent to 7,059.60. The capital goods index rose by 1.59 per cent to 9,676.88 and banking index by 0.86 per cent to 13,733.93.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Saif Ali, Kareena Kapoor Khan holidaying with family.
- 'American Idol' is boring for Mariah Carey
- Khloe Karadashian ready for divorce?
- Vidya Balan turns down offer
- Sidharth spending night with Alia,Mom Razdan reveals all
- Interesting facts about Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan'
- List of Kangana Ranaut's boyfriends
- Dharmendra discharged from hospital, surgery postponed
- Is Rakhi obsessed with Sunny Leone? said, 'Leela ko geela kar dungi'
Flight delays can make passengers grumpy but not when the pilot orders pizzas for them as
Announcing its India foray, Chinese handset maker Coolpad today said it will set up an ass