- PICS: Holi special photo shootThe sex-siren Poonam Pandey turns 23Movie \'W\' gets wild with smooch scenesPICS of Karachi fashion showWhen Deepika cried bitterlyPICS : Sush eyeing comebackSalman wants kids but not the motherHot n spicy news of sporting worldTop 5 haunted places in IndiaKangana’s look in ‘Revolver Rani’, view pics
The Women's Tennis Association, which has turned to Asia to grow its sport, is unclear how
Sensex at 2-wk high, up 161 pts as Infosys,TCS climb to record Last Updated : 07 Mar 2013 04:26:24 PM IST File Photo
Wiping off initial losses, the BSE benchmark Sensex today surged by nearly 161 pts to a 2-week high of 19,413.54 as shares of Infosys and Tata Consultancy Services climbed to record high levels on optimism the US will soon be back on growth track.
After a lower start, the Sensex spurted by 160.93 points, or 0.84 per cent to 19,413.54. The gauge has now gained 536 points in three sessions.
The broad-based National Stock Exchange index Nifty rose by 44.70 points, or 0.77 per cent to 5,863.30, after opening lower at 5,801.30. Infosys surged 1.29 per cent to Rs 3,004.75, its highest level after March, 2011 and Tata Consultancy Services, the largest software exporter closed at a new high by adding 2.10 per cent to end Rs 1,590.45.
Engineering major L&T shot up by 2.08 per cent to Rs 1,463.45, continuing its rise after CLSA Asia-Pacific Markets upgraded rating on the counter today. Goldman Sachs had upgraded the stock on Monday.
Brokers said besides momentum in interest-rate sensitive stocks ahead of the RBI's policy review this month on hopes of a rate cut, stocks of software companies surged on hopes of a recovery in the US growth and a better Europan trend before central bank policy meetings in the region.
Indian software companies get over 50 per cent of their revenues from the US and European markets. Traders said the Dow Jones Industrial Average hit a new high yesterday as the US service industry grew at the fastest pace in a year amid optimism the Federal Reserve will maintain stimulus measures to support the economy.
In 30- BSE index components, 20 stocks climbed while 10 ended lower. The realty sector index gained the most by 1.68 per cent to 2,069.08, followed by IT index by 1.66 per cent to 7,059.60. The capital goods index rose by 1.59 per cent to 9,676.88 and banking index by 0.86 per cent to 13,733.93.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Television actor Shefali Sharma during the special Holi episode shoot of Colors TV Channel
- The sex-siren Poonam Pandey turns 23
- Aamir praises, Deepika jealous of Kanagana
- Movie 'W' gets wild with smooch scenes
- Shahrukh's son and Big B's granddaughter friends
- Wishing Poonam Pandey ‘Happy Birthday’, view pics
- When Deepika cried bitterly
- PICS : Sush eyeing comeback
- Focus on Sonam's bikini scene in film disappointing: Director
Whether you believe in ghosts and spirits or not, there are people who have had spooky exp
The much-talked about Nokia Android mobile phone has finally arrived in Indian market.