- Sunny's husband Daniel Weber was seen dancing with bikini girlsSee Deepika Padukone what men want!See Mira Rajput and Shahid Kapoor's roka cermony!Interesting Facts about Meena Kumari 'The Tragedy Queen'Watch \'Kuch Kuch Locha Hai\' trailerSalman Khan’s ex -flame Somy Ali sexually assaultedWhy Katrina-Ranbir starrer Jagga Jasoos is getting delayedDeepika to decide if she wants to have sex before or after marriageHema malini and Dharmendra all set to become nana-naniOMG! Is Aamir Khan taking steroids?
Kidambi Srikanth on Sunday gave delight to the nation by clinching men's singles titles at
RBI issues guidelines for new bank licences Last Updated : 22 Feb 2013 07:43:42 PM IST File Photo
The Reserve Bank of India on Friday issued the much-awaited guidelines for new bank licences, allowing corporates and public sector entities with sound credentials and a minimum track record of 10 years to enter the banking business.
The Reserve Bank, which has laid down an elaborate 'fit and proper' criteria, has not excluded any category like brokerages, real estate companies from entering into the banking space as has been advocated by the Finance Ministry.
The final guidelines pave the way for corporate houses like Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group, Larsen & Toubro, Tatas, Mahindra and Mahindra, Life Insurance Corporation and Aditya Birla Group to enter the banking business.
"Entities/groups should have a past record of sound credentials and integrity, be financially sound with a successful track record of 10 years," it said.
The minimum paid-up capital for setting up a bank has been pegged at Rs 500 crore.The cap on the foreign investment, including FDI/FII and NRI, has been set at 49 per cent.
As per norms notified by RBI, on receipt of licence, promoter has to start operations within one year and list the company within three years of commencement of the business.
Also, new banks should open at least 25 per cent of branches in unbanked rural centres.
Those seeking to set up a bank would have to submit applications by July 1, 2013. The RBI will display names of applicants on its Website.
Before granting licences, RBI would seek feedback about applicants from other regulators, enforcement, investigative agencies like I-T Department, CBI, ED, as deemed appropriate.
The rules issued today is the culmination of three-year process. RBI will now begins taking applications for bank licenses for the first time in a decade.
At present, there are 26 public sector banks and 22 private sector banks. Only 35 per cent of India's adult population has accounts with banks and other financial institutions as compared to a global average of 50 per cent. It is 41 per cent in case of developing economies.
Following are the highlights of the Reserve Bank's guidelines for licensing of new banks in the private sector:
* Corporates, PSUs and NBFCs can set up a bank
* No bar on entities in sectors like brokerage, realty
* Minimum paid-up equity capital to be Rs 500 crore
* New banks to get listed within 3 years of business
* Foreign shareholding limited to 49% for first 5 years
* RBI to seek feedback on applicants' background from other regulators, Income Tax, CBI and ED
* Licence seeker should have 10 years of successful financial track record, sound credentials and integrity
* To comply with priority sector lending targets; open at least 25 per cent branches in unbanked rural areas
* Boards to have majority of independent directors
* Business plan should be realistic, viable and address financial inclusion
* Applications will be screened by RBI and referred to a high level advisory committee
* To ensure transparency, names of applicants will be placed on RBI's website
* Last date for applying for the licence is July 1
* Over the last two decades, RBI licensed 12 banks in private sector
* New banks were proposed in Budget speech for 2010-11
* RBI floated first discussion paper in August 2010.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
For Sunny Leone's husband Daniel Weber, his wife is not sext enough! Is it so?
- See Deepika Padukone what men want!
- See Mira Rajput and Shahid Kapoor's roka cermony!
- Pics: Interesting Facts about Meena Kumari 'The Tragedy Queen'
- Watch 'Kuch Kuch Locha Hai' trailer
- Salman Khan’s ex -flame Somy Ali sexually assaulted
- India by the Nile: Big B stunned by fans in Egypt
- Why Katrina-Ranbir starrer Jagga Jasoos is getting delayed
- Deepika to decide if she wants to have sex before or after marriage
Salem Hajdarovac says he didn't sleep for a week when he heard his workshop had been gran
Mobile commerce is likely to overtake e-commerce in the next few years, spurred by the con