- 'Rangoon': An impressively immersive filmMahashivaratri Wallpapers and Facebook imagesDeepika denies doing remake of 'Mr & Mrs. Smith'This is what Kareena expects from RangoonPics: Mahashivaratri,TV celebs on how Lord Shiva inspires themMovie review: little Sunny completely overshadows Dev Patel in 'Lion'Many Controversies of Sofia HayatWhy Akhil Akkineni's destination wedding called offAnushka to connect with fans via WhatsApp for 'Phillauri'How to look gorgeous beyond 30s
The Boxing Federation of India (BFI) on Friday organised the International Boxing Associat
Time Inc to slash hundreds of jobs or 6 percent of staff Last Updated : 31 Jan 2013 08:21:03 AM IST Laura Lang, chief executive at the media unit of Time Warner
Time Inc. said it was cutting several hundred jobs as the US publishing giant streamlines to adapt to a "multi-platform" media landscape.
Laura Lang, chief executive at the media unit of Time Warner, said yesterday that the group was "beginning the painful process" of cutting "approximately six per cent" of its 8,000 staff positions worldwide.
"With the significant and ongoing changes in our industry, we must continue to transform our company into one that is leaner, more nimble and more innately multi-platform," she said in a memo to staff.
"To make this change, we need to operate as smartly and efficiently as possible to create room for critical investments and new initiatives. These reductions are part of this important transformation process."
The company publishes 21 US magazines including its flagship Time magazine, People, Fortune and Sports Illustrated.
It 25 websites and several international magazines including global editions of Time and Fortune and publishing operations in Britain and Mexico. Lang said the job cuts would "come from all areas of Time Inc. across our locations -- both domestic and international" but offered no further details.
The move comes just months after Time magazine's longtime rival Newsweek said it would end its print edition and go all-digital as part of its partnership with the Daily Beast website.
The publishing industry has been grappling with a steep drop in print advertising revenue, steadily declining circulation and the migration of readers to free news online.loading...
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Mona Darling is a horror-thriller set in the contemporary, post-cyber world. And the titul
- 'Rangoon': An impressively immersive film
- Wanted to connect with youth through 'Roadies': Harbhajan Singh
- Bhansali truly makes an artiste out of me: Priyanka Chopra
- Rishi Kapoor wants 'Rendezvous With Simi Garewal' back on TV
- Celebs pray for peace, love on Mahashivaratri
- Big B turns down invitation by Queen Elizabeth II
- Deepika denies doing remake of 'Mr & Mrs. Smith'
- This is what Kareena expects from 'Rangoon'
It is not the brain that determines whether a person is a lefty or a righty, but the spina
Emphasising on building a gaming ecosystem in India, printing and personal computer major