- PICS: Prachi Desai doing catwalk7 most popular food mythsSalman-Aishwarya replaced by Ranveer-DeepikaPICS : What makes Yuvi specialPICS : Bollywood's smoking actressesRanbir, Katrina spend night togetherBollywood at Bobby Chawla funeralHT Mumbai\'s most stylish awardBedroom secrets for happy married lifeSachin, Lata falicitated during an event
Cristiano Ronaldo has topped the world's wealthiest player with a fortune of 122 million p
Time Inc to slash hundreds of jobs or 6 percent of staff Last Updated : 31 Jan 2013 08:21:03 AM IST Laura Lang, chief executive at the media unit of Time Warner
Time Inc. said it was cutting several hundred jobs as the US publishing giant streamlines to adapt to a "multi-platform" media landscape.
Laura Lang, chief executive at the media unit of Time Warner, said yesterday that the group was "beginning the painful process" of cutting "approximately six per cent" of its 8,000 staff positions worldwide.
"With the significant and ongoing changes in our industry, we must continue to transform our company into one that is leaner, more nimble and more innately multi-platform," she said in a memo to staff.
"To make this change, we need to operate as smartly and efficiently as possible to create room for critical investments and new initiatives. These reductions are part of this important transformation process."
The company publishes 21 US magazines including its flagship Time magazine, People, Fortune and Sports Illustrated.
It 25 websites and several international magazines including global editions of Time and Fortune and publishing operations in Britain and Mexico. Lang said the job cuts would "come from all areas of Time Inc. across our locations -- both domestic and international" but offered no further details.
The move comes just months after Time magazine's longtime rival Newsweek said it would end its print edition and go all-digital as part of its partnership with the Daily Beast website.
The publishing industry has been grappling with a steep drop in print advertising revenue, steadily declining circulation and the migration of readers to free news online.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Actress Prachi Desai walks the ramp unveiling the Spring-Summer 2014 collection from Centr
- Khloe K speaks about her vagina on camera
- Salman-Aishwarya replaced by Ranveer-Deepika
- Sonakshi copies boxer Laila Ali’s look in Holiday
- Why is Deepika jealous of Kangana?
- Kochadaiiyaan Theatrical Trailer: Watch now
- PICS : Bollywood's smoking actresses
- Nargis joins Abraham-Dhoni team for ad
- When Ranbir, Katrina spend night together
It was a battle of survival when two reptiles locked in a deadliest clash. A python fought
The much-talked about Nokia Android mobile phone has finally arrived in Indian market.