- Parineeti never seen pics beforeMeet Hrithik\'s new girl in \'Mohenjo Daro\'Watch full video of Yo Yo Honey Singh's latest song Desi KalakaarSee Dipps latest picturesNew things to watch out in Satyamev JayateImages: Meet new Kamasutra girl Bhairavi GoswamiSherlyn Chopra posts her latest selfiesPics: Meet rapper Yo Yo Honey Singh's wifeMost Indians search for BMW, MercedesChildren inspire SRK for stunts
India's Rohan Bopanna and his Pakistani partner Aisam Qureshi crashed out of the US Open
Time Inc to slash hundreds of jobs or 6 percent of staff Last Updated : 31 Jan 2013 08:21:03 AM IST Laura Lang, chief executive at the media unit of Time Warner
Time Inc. said it was cutting several hundred jobs as the US publishing giant streamlines to adapt to a "multi-platform" media landscape.
Laura Lang, chief executive at the media unit of Time Warner, said yesterday that the group was "beginning the painful process" of cutting "approximately six per cent" of its 8,000 staff positions worldwide.
"With the significant and ongoing changes in our industry, we must continue to transform our company into one that is leaner, more nimble and more innately multi-platform," she said in a memo to staff.
"To make this change, we need to operate as smartly and efficiently as possible to create room for critical investments and new initiatives. These reductions are part of this important transformation process."
The company publishes 21 US magazines including its flagship Time magazine, People, Fortune and Sports Illustrated.
It 25 websites and several international magazines including global editions of Time and Fortune and publishing operations in Britain and Mexico. Lang said the job cuts would "come from all areas of Time Inc. across our locations -- both domestic and international" but offered no further details.
The move comes just months after Time magazine's longtime rival Newsweek said it would end its print edition and go all-digital as part of its partnership with the Daily Beast website.
The publishing industry has been grappling with a steep drop in print advertising revenue, steadily declining circulation and the migration of readers to free news online.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Bollywood actress Parineeti Chopra at the launch of Pantene Shampoo product in Mumbai on W
- Meet Hrithik's new girl in 'Mohenjo Daro'
- Watch full video of Yo Yo Honey Singh's latest song Desi Kalakaar
- See Dipps latest pictures
- New things to watch out in Satyamev Jayate
- Watch official video of 'Salaam India'
- Images: Meet new Kamasutra girl Bhairavi Goswami
- Sherlyn Chopra posts her latest selfies
- Pics: Meet rapper Yo Yo Honey Singh's wife
Half-naked revellers pelted each other with tomatoes and bathed in red goo in Spain's Toma
Xiaomi will be launching its affordable smartphone Redmi 1s in India on Sept 2.