- Shilpa turns fashion divaComplete list of Smart CitiesMaria replaces GiulinaGrand show of Major Poonia for IndiaAICW 2015: Kirti Sanon in a bridal avtaarFriends and Friendship in BollywoodFriendship Day 2015 wallpapers and imagesShahrukh wrapped 'Dilwale' shootBipasha sizzles in bikini at MaldivesHow romantic Salman and Sonam look together in Prem ratan Dhan Payo!
India's star player Joshana Chinappa in Australia's Melbourne city on Saturday stormed int
Time Inc to slash hundreds of jobs or 6 percent of staff Last Updated : 31 Jan 2013 08:21:03 AM IST Laura Lang, chief executive at the media unit of Time Warner
Time Inc. said it was cutting several hundred jobs as the US publishing giant streamlines to adapt to a "multi-platform" media landscape.
Laura Lang, chief executive at the media unit of Time Warner, said yesterday that the group was "beginning the painful process" of cutting "approximately six per cent" of its 8,000 staff positions worldwide.
"With the significant and ongoing changes in our industry, we must continue to transform our company into one that is leaner, more nimble and more innately multi-platform," she said in a memo to staff.
"To make this change, we need to operate as smartly and efficiently as possible to create room for critical investments and new initiatives. These reductions are part of this important transformation process."
The company publishes 21 US magazines including its flagship Time magazine, People, Fortune and Sports Illustrated.
It 25 websites and several international magazines including global editions of Time and Fortune and publishing operations in Britain and Mexico. Lang said the job cuts would "come from all areas of Time Inc. across our locations -- both domestic and international" but offered no further details.
The move comes just months after Time magazine's longtime rival Newsweek said it would end its print edition and go all-digital as part of its partnership with the Daily Beast website.
The publishing industry has been grappling with a steep drop in print advertising revenue, steadily declining circulation and the migration of readers to free news online.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Bollywood actress Shilpa Shetty walk the ramp during the Amazon India Couture Week 2015 in
- Maria replaces Giulina
- Gordon begs for attending his girl friend's funeral
- Filmmaker Sanjay Gupta to announce two new projects
- Getting many acting offers post 'ABCD 2': Dharmesh
- AICW 2015: Kirti Sanon in a bridal avtaar
- Friends and Friendship in Bollywood
- Watch Katrina in Phantom's new song 'Afghan Jalebi'
- Kareena to be the showstopper at the Lakme Grand Finale
A Hong Kong woman was sentenced to three-and-a-half months in jail on Thursday after a cou
If these images are to be believed, we would be seeing a couple of design innovations that