- This is how Salman, SRK, Aamir celebrated EidHrithik agrees to pay 380 crore to SussanneSee pics: Richa Chadda looks sizzling hot on Tamanchey posterSalman Khan is the King of 100 crore clubSpecial prayers to celebrate EidOMG! Shruti Haasan and Tamannah Bhatia caught kissing?Two tigers killed every weekAishwarya's hot red desi avatarShruti Haasan beats exboyfriend Siddharth, Dhanush and RajinikanthFunny video of Baby Doll Sunny Leone in Bhojpuri
Writhing in pain, young Vikas Thakur produced the lift of his lifetime to clinch the bron
Time Inc to slash hundreds of jobs or 6 percent of staff Last Updated : 31 Jan 2013 08:21:03 AM IST Laura Lang, chief executive at the media unit of Time Warner
Time Inc. said it was cutting several hundred jobs as the US publishing giant streamlines to adapt to a "multi-platform" media landscape.
Laura Lang, chief executive at the media unit of Time Warner, said yesterday that the group was "beginning the painful process" of cutting "approximately six per cent" of its 8,000 staff positions worldwide.
"With the significant and ongoing changes in our industry, we must continue to transform our company into one that is leaner, more nimble and more innately multi-platform," she said in a memo to staff.
"To make this change, we need to operate as smartly and efficiently as possible to create room for critical investments and new initiatives. These reductions are part of this important transformation process."
The company publishes 21 US magazines including its flagship Time magazine, People, Fortune and Sports Illustrated.
It 25 websites and several international magazines including global editions of Time and Fortune and publishing operations in Britain and Mexico. Lang said the job cuts would "come from all areas of Time Inc. across our locations -- both domestic and international" but offered no further details.
The move comes just months after Time magazine's longtime rival Newsweek said it would end its print edition and go all-digital as part of its partnership with the Daily Beast website.
The publishing industry has been grappling with a steep drop in print advertising revenue, steadily declining circulation and the migration of readers to free news online.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Where Bollywood superstar Salman Khan, who is know to celebrate the festival of Eid-ul-Fit
- Hrithik agrees to pay 380 crore to Sussanne
- See pics: Richa Chadda looks sizzling hot on Tamanchey poster
- Salman Khan is the King of 100 crore club
- OMG! Shruti Haasan and Tamannah Bhatia caught kissing?
- Aishwarya's hot red desi avatar
- Shruti Haasan beats exboyfriend Siddharth, Dhanush and Rajinikanth
- Funny video of Baby Doll Sunny Leone in Bhojpuri
- How Priyanka Chopra became Mary Kom
With a string of harrowing incidents that have left the nation enraged, parents have been
Handset maker Oplus Technologies has launched its smartphone, XonPhone 5 in the Indian mar