- Shakira welcomes second babyI take tips from both my parents: AksharaSalman Khan paints an entire villageAbhay Deol, Preeti Desai no more togetherIslamic state fighters bomb 9 of Saddam Hussein\'s Palaces : View PicsWho will win Bigg Boss 8?PHOTOS: First poster of \'Bombay Velvet\'Huma Qureshi sports a short hairdoIndia shines in colors of 'Beating Retreat'No entry for Ranbir to meet Katrina
McLaren has unveiled new car, the MP4-30 to be driven by Alonso and Button this year.
Chidambaram to launch Rajiv Gandhi Equity Scheme Last Updated : 27 Jan 2013 12:08:15 PM IST File photo: Finance Minister P Chidambaram
Aiming to attract first-time stock market investors, Finance Minister P Chidambaram will launch the much-awaited Equity Savings Scheme ' title=' Rajiv Gandhi Equity Savings Scheme '>Rajiv Gandhi Equity Savings Scheme (RGESS) in Mumbai on February 9.
"He (Chidambaram) is going to Mumbai next month and will formally launch the Rajiv Gandhi Equity Scheme there," sources told media.
The RGESS, which was announced in the Budget for 2012-13, seeks to provide tax benefits to first-time investors in stock markets.
Under the scheme, an individual with an income of less than Rs 10 lakh would get tax incentives for investing up to Rs 50,000 in the stock market.
As per the notification issued by the Securities and Exchange Board of India (Sebi) on the RGESS, there would be a lock-in period of one year on investments made under the scheme.
For transactions undertaken by investors through their RGESS designated demat account, depositories would be required to seek necessary transactional details from stock exchanges for enforcing lock-in.
The mutual fund houses have already started lining up mutual fund schemes focused on the RGESS. Two state-owned fund houses SBI and IDBI and one private fund house DSP Blackrock have filed draft offer documents for such schemes with the market regulator Sebi, while others may soon follow suit.
The scheme was notified by the Department of Revenue, Finance Ministry on November 23 last year.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Pop star Shakira welcomed second baby boy.
- PICS: I take tips from both my parents, says Akshara
- Salman Khan paints an entire village
- Rohit Shetty launches 'Khatron Ke Khiladi 6'
- FIRST LOOK: Aamir Khan in 'Dangal'
- Abhay Deol, Preeti Desai no more together
- Rani Mukerji gets standing ovation in Poland
- Who will win Bigg Boss 8?
- PHOTOS: First poster of 'Bombay Velvet'
Thousands of live cats destined "for consumption" have been seized in Hanoi.
test ad galery 3