- Review in pics: Super NaniAamir Khan in Bigg Boss 8Shah Rukh promotes 'Happy New Year' in KanpurHrithik Roshan avoids meeting SussanneSonakdhi Sinha and Arjun Kappor are in love!Aishwarya and Deepika pose for a selfieDeepika Padukone now all set to romance Salman KhanWhy Yo Yo Honey Singh will be out of action for two monthsSRK ignored Salman\'s invitation to attend \'Bigg Boss 8\'See Aishwarya Rai\'s teenage pictures
Roger Federer kept up his hopes of finishing the year as world number one when he downed
Chidambaram to launch Rajiv Gandhi Equity Scheme Last Updated : 27 Jan 2013 12:08:15 PM IST File photo: Finance Minister P Chidambaram
Aiming to attract first-time stock market investors, Finance Minister P Chidambaram will launch the much-awaited Equity Savings Scheme ' title=' Rajiv Gandhi Equity Savings Scheme '>Rajiv Gandhi Equity Savings Scheme (RGESS) in Mumbai on February 9.
"He (Chidambaram) is going to Mumbai next month and will formally launch the Rajiv Gandhi Equity Scheme there," sources told media.
The RGESS, which was announced in the Budget for 2012-13, seeks to provide tax benefits to first-time investors in stock markets.
Under the scheme, an individual with an income of less than Rs 10 lakh would get tax incentives for investing up to Rs 50,000 in the stock market.
As per the notification issued by the Securities and Exchange Board of India (Sebi) on the RGESS, there would be a lock-in period of one year on investments made under the scheme.
For transactions undertaken by investors through their RGESS designated demat account, depositories would be required to seek necessary transactional details from stock exchanges for enforcing lock-in.
The mutual fund houses have already started lining up mutual fund schemes focused on the RGESS. Two state-owned fund houses SBI and IDBI and one private fund house DSP Blackrock have filed draft offer documents for such schemes with the market regulator Sebi, while others may soon follow suit.
The scheme was notified by the Department of Revenue, Finance Ministry on November 23 last year.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Director Ketan Mehta’s forthcoming period drama based on the 19th century legendary pain
- Akshay Kumar rocks in 'Ishq Kutta Hai'
- Dev Patel to star with Nicole Kidman in 'Lion'
- Shah Rukh Khan's Happy New Year surpasses 200 Crore Mark Worldwide
- Review in pics: Super Nani
- Aamir Khan in Bigg Boss 8
- FIRST LOOK: Amitabh Bachchan in 'Piku'
- Shraddha Kapoor graces Femina cover
- First Look: Prakash Jha’s Rajneeti2 out
It is always a subject of debate whether Unidentified Flying Objects (UFO) does exist or n
Handset maker Lava Friday launched a new series of Iris smartphones under the 'Fuel' brand