- Thousands pay tribute to Mahasweta DeviB-Town supports Dia's directorial debutPhilippines to host Miss Universe pageant in Jan 2017Streep in talks for 'Mary Poppins' sequelCheck Out 'Mohenjo Daro' new poster featuring HrithikHarbhajan Singh blessed with baby girlExcited, nervous about 'Raees': Mahira KhanTen unknown facts about Huma QureshiPoonam Pandey all set with her new video for her fansBig B celebrates 43 years of 'Abhimaan'
Wonder marathon boy Budhia Singh on Friday informed the Child Welfare Committee (CWC) at K
TCS Q3 profit jumps 27% to Rs 3,550 cr Last Updated : 14 Jan 2013 08:09:23 PM IST File Photo
Country's largest software firm Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) on Monday reported 26.7 per cent jump in consolidated net profit to Rs 3,550 crore for the quarter ended December 31, 2012.
It had posted net profit of Rs 2,803 crore in the same quarter of the previous fiscal (2011-12).
Revenues rose 21.7 per cent to Rs 16,070 crore in the third quarter of 2012-13, from Rs 13,204 crore in the year-ago period, TCS said in a statement.
"We have had an excellent quarter of well-rounded performance and have driven a higher quality of revenue and increased profitability through focus on productivity and innovation," TCS Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director N Chandrasekaran said.
The company had good revenue growth, balanced across service lines, industries and geographies, he added.
"The overall performance has been in line with what we had outlined at the beginning of the year. Our superior execution in this seasonally weak quarter has delivered productivity gains and an expanded operating margins," TCS CFO and Executive Director S Mahalingam said.
TCS operating margin expanded by 56 basis points to 27.3 per cent.
The company saw addition of 17,145 (gross) and 9,561 (net) people, taking its total headcount to 2,63,637.
"We have hired almost 50,000 professionals in the first three quarters of this financial year to support business growth and we continue to forecast a healthy growth in the workforce numbers going forward," TCS Executive VP and Head (Global HR) Ajoy Mukherjee said.
Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Film maker Sooraj Barjatya's cousin Rajjat Barjatya, who was MD and CEO of Rajshri Media,
- Movie Review: The BFG; Playfully spellbinding ***1/2
- Pratyusha case: Parents allege bias in police probe
- B-Town supports Dia's directorial debut
- Bollywood is on Mr. World's wish list
- Mahesh Babu's next starts rolling
- Streep in talks for 'Mary Poppins' sequel
- Sanjay Dutt, Mahesh Manjrekar to again team up for 'De Dhakka' remake
- 'Jagga Jasoos' will work irrespective of delay if made well: Basu
The lightning scar of Harry Potter is the most recognisable symbol of the character from t
Route Mobile Limited, a messaging and voice API company, on Thursday announced it has acqu