- International debut for Sid Mallya?Salman, Deepika new lovers in town?Kim Kardashian's hot looks in 2014Writers\' Building ready for restorationWhen Mallika Sherawat seduces Om Puri, view picsKejriwal as Delhi CM and BJP in power!Revealed! Why Anushka-Virat fight over phoneSunny Leone dined, wined with 100Dimpy's heart still beats for RahulNo Bikinis in Miss World pageant
Boxer Sarita Devi, who had refused to accept her Asian Games bronze medal, was on Wednesda
TCS Q3 profit jumps 27% to Rs 3,550 cr Last Updated : 14 Jan 2013 08:09:23 PM IST File Photo
Country's largest software firm Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) on Monday reported 26.7 per cent jump in consolidated net profit to Rs 3,550 crore for the quarter ended December 31, 2012.
It had posted net profit of Rs 2,803 crore in the same quarter of the previous fiscal (2011-12).
Revenues rose 21.7 per cent to Rs 16,070 crore in the third quarter of 2012-13, from Rs 13,204 crore in the year-ago period, TCS said in a statement.
"We have had an excellent quarter of well-rounded performance and have driven a higher quality of revenue and increased profitability through focus on productivity and innovation," TCS Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director N Chandrasekaran said.
The company had good revenue growth, balanced across service lines, industries and geographies, he added.
"The overall performance has been in line with what we had outlined at the beginning of the year. Our superior execution in this seasonally weak quarter has delivered productivity gains and an expanded operating margins," TCS CFO and Executive Director S Mahalingam said.
TCS operating margin expanded by 56 basis points to 27.3 per cent.
The company saw addition of 17,145 (gross) and 9,561 (net) people, taking its total headcount to 2,63,637.
"We have hired almost 50,000 professionals in the first three quarters of this financial year to support business growth and we continue to forecast a healthy growth in the workforce numbers going forward," TCS Executive VP and Head (Global HR) Ajoy Mukherjee said.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Bollywood kisses were even hotter in 2014.
- International debut for Sid Mallya?
- Salman, Deepika new lovers in town?
- Kim Kardashian's hot looks in 2014
- When Mallika Sherawat seduces Om Puri, view pics
- PK BO report: Aamir Khan starrer collects Rs 92.50 cr
- KJo is surprise package in Bombay Velvet, says Anurag
- Watch Mallika Sherawat’s ‘Dirty Politics’ Movie Trailer
- Watch Surveen's ‘Nichod De’ song from Ugly
Eight coffins from Qing Dynasty (1636-1912) imperial figures, including Emperor Qianlong
India will surpass the US as the second largest market for smartphones globally by 2016.