- B-town couples grace Shahid's pre-birthday bashSay goodbye to cold with home remediesJoy to see Alia receive award from Sridevi, Mahesh BhattVIPs who got inked in third phase of UP electionsWhen Salman, Iulia, Katrina were caught under one roofJ&K awaits another spell of rain, snowfallWhen Kangana felt like slapping Sugandha MishraWhat are attractive lips?'The Ghazi Attack': Submerged in mediocrityNeil-Rukmini wedding reception was a starry affair
The fourth edition of the Tata Motors T1 Prima Truck Racing Championship will be held on M
TCS Q3 profit jumps 27% to Rs 3,550 cr Last Updated : 14 Jan 2013 08:09:23 PM IST File Photo
Country's largest software firm Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) on Monday reported 26.7 per cent jump in consolidated net profit to Rs 3,550 crore for the quarter ended December 31, 2012.
It had posted net profit of Rs 2,803 crore in the same quarter of the previous fiscal (2011-12).
Revenues rose 21.7 per cent to Rs 16,070 crore in the third quarter of 2012-13, from Rs 13,204 crore in the year-ago period, TCS said in a statement.
"We have had an excellent quarter of well-rounded performance and have driven a higher quality of revenue and increased profitability through focus on productivity and innovation," TCS Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director N Chandrasekaran said.
The company had good revenue growth, balanced across service lines, industries and geographies, he added.
"The overall performance has been in line with what we had outlined at the beginning of the year. Our superior execution in this seasonally weak quarter has delivered productivity gains and an expanded operating margins," TCS CFO and Executive Director S Mahalingam said.
TCS operating margin expanded by 56 basis points to 27.3 per cent.
The company saw addition of 17,145 (gross) and 9,561 (net) people, taking its total headcount to 2,63,637.
"We have hired almost 50,000 professionals in the first three quarters of this financial year to support business growth and we continue to forecast a healthy growth in the workforce numbers going forward," TCS Executive VP and Head (Global HR) Ajoy Mukherjee said.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
"The Ghazi Attack", starring actor Rana Daggubati, minted Rs 15.75 crore across India duri
- Will Sara Ali Khan be as lucky as Alia Bhatt
- B-town couples grace Shahid's pre-birthday bash
- Video: Jhanvi grooves with boyfriend
- Pics:Joy to see Alia receive award from Sridevi, Mahesh Bhatt
- When Salman, Iulia, Katrina were caught under one roof
- When Kangana felt like slapping Sugandha Mishra
- 'The Ghazi Attack': Submerged in mediocrity
- Neil-Rukmini wedding reception was a starry affair
It is not the brain that determines whether a person is a lefty or a righty, but the spina
ZTE to launch, Gigabit, phone, at MWC 2017, Beijing, Chinese smartphone, ZTE is set to, la