- Know all facts about MS DhoniIs Ranveer Singh a sex addict?Revealed:Shahid's marriage dressSee inside pics of Shahid\'s Kapoor\'s Sangeet ceremonyShahid\'s both moms and father pose togetherBollywood beauties with mothers in lawSee what Deepika doing on Ranveer's birthdayPankaj Udhas launched new albumJaved Akthar's family together in movie 'Chalk N Duster'Unknown facts about Ranveer Singh
Floyd Mayweather was Monday stripped by the World Boxing Organization of the welterweight
TCS Q3 profit jumps 27% to Rs 3,550 cr Last Updated : 14 Jan 2013 08:09:23 PM IST File Photo
Country's largest software firm Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) on Monday reported 26.7 per cent jump in consolidated net profit to Rs 3,550 crore for the quarter ended December 31, 2012.
It had posted net profit of Rs 2,803 crore in the same quarter of the previous fiscal (2011-12).
Revenues rose 21.7 per cent to Rs 16,070 crore in the third quarter of 2012-13, from Rs 13,204 crore in the year-ago period, TCS said in a statement.
"We have had an excellent quarter of well-rounded performance and have driven a higher quality of revenue and increased profitability through focus on productivity and innovation," TCS Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director N Chandrasekaran said.
The company had good revenue growth, balanced across service lines, industries and geographies, he added.
"The overall performance has been in line with what we had outlined at the beginning of the year. Our superior execution in this seasonally weak quarter has delivered productivity gains and an expanded operating margins," TCS CFO and Executive Director S Mahalingam said.
TCS operating margin expanded by 56 basis points to 27.3 per cent.
The company saw addition of 17,145 (gross) and 9,561 (net) people, taking its total headcount to 2,63,637.
"We have hired almost 50,000 professionals in the first three quarters of this financial year to support business growth and we continue to forecast a healthy growth in the workforce numbers going forward," TCS Executive VP and Head (Global HR) Ajoy Mukherjee said.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Actress Minissha Lamba tied the knot with longtime boyfriend Ryan Tham in Mumbai.
- Actress Amanda Peterson dies at 43
- See Mira Rajput wearing floral jewellery
- Aamir Khan Productions looking for fresh female face
- Is Ranveer Singh a sex addict?
- Revealed:Shahid's marriage dress
- See inside pics of Shahid's Kapoor's Sangeet ceremony
- Shahid's both moms and father pose together
- Happy that same-sex marriages are being accepted: Delevingne
Mice that are exposed to the powerful smell of cat urine early in life do not avoid the sa
Xiaomi the smartphone giant which offers great features at less prices has yet made anothe