- Preity quashes marriage report againLanka takes 1-0 lead vs India in 1st T20Cold conditions prevail across NorthTaapsee has no YSR projectPanasonic launches P66 Mega at Rs.7,990Meet World's sexiest top modelEmraan gifts 'Azhar' first look to Azharuddin on b'dayKatrina offers prayers at Ajmer dargahVarun Dhawan in Sushant-Kriti starrerWatch Out: Salman Khan sans moustache in 'Sultan'
Defending champions India bounced back to reckoning in style with a 5-0 hammering of Sri L
Cash transfer from Tuesday: FM Last Updated : 31 Dec 2012 04:42:25 PM IST Cash transfer from Tuesday: FM
But food, fertilizer and fuel subsidies will not be covered in the initial phase.
Announcing the roll-out plan, Finance Minister P Chidambaram said that more and more districts and schemes would be covered under the scheme during the course of 2013.
"We are proceeding with caution. 20 districts from January 1... All 26 schemes are ready for rollout. On January 1, the seven schemes in which pay out is due in the (20 selected) districts, the money will be transfered through the direct benefit transfer system using the UIDAI platform," he said.
The Minister, however, clarified that subsidies relating to cooking gas (LPG), kerosene, diesel, food and fertilizers will not be included in the first phase of the roll-out.
"At the moment there is no intention to transfer subsides on food, fertiliser, diesel and kerosene through direct benefit transfer. Here, existing system will continue because they are complex issues," he said.
On subsidy on LPG, the Minister clarified, "I don't know when it will be covered. It is not covered in the first phase."
The Minister said that scheme will be rolled out in 43 districts by March 1 - 20 districts from January 1, 11 districts from February 1 and 12 districts from March 1.
By end of 2013, Chidambaram said, the direct cash benefit transfer will be rolled out in all the districts of the country.
He said the subsidies would be transferred to the beneficiaries' bank accounts if they do not have an Aadhaar number.
Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Superstar Salman Khan has done away with the beard he was sporting for a while now for "Su
- Preity quashes marriage report again
- Taapsee has no YSR project
- Why Deepika Padukone is the luckiest women?
- Revealed: Why Anushka declined Kohli's marriage proposal?
- Shahid forced Karan Johar to do this for his ex Kareena Kapoor
- Emraan gifts 'Azhar' first look to Azharuddin on b'day
- Katrina offers prayers at Ajmer dargah
- Nawazuddin to star in Sohail Khan's next
Kristina Pimenova,a 10-year-old Russian girl, has sparked controversy by landing a top mo
Panasonic launches P66 Mega smartphone at Rs. 7,990 in New Delhi on Tuesday.