- Mercedes launches 3 new modelsDhanush's movie reached Venice Film FestivalKareena, Arjun's most awaited film 'Ka and Ki' of year 2016India Couture Week opened by Sabyasachi, LouboutinYes, Mira Rajput will be on Jhalak Dikh Laaja ReloadedCaught: Why is Kapil Sharma lying about his health?Hot girls of Bhojpuri cinemaWet and wild cover girls'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' earns 461 croresFirst Look of Tamasha shows Deepika-Ranbir as a rocking couple
Ace Indian shuttler Saina Nehwal is confident of recovering from her shoulder pain and reg
Cash transfer from Tuesday: FM Last Updated : 31 Dec 2012 04:42:25 PM IST Cash transfer from Tuesday: FM
But food, fertilizer and fuel subsidies will not be covered in the initial phase.
Announcing the roll-out plan, Finance Minister P Chidambaram said that more and more districts and schemes would be covered under the scheme during the course of 2013.
"We are proceeding with caution. 20 districts from January 1... All 26 schemes are ready for rollout. On January 1, the seven schemes in which pay out is due in the (20 selected) districts, the money will be transfered through the direct benefit transfer system using the UIDAI platform," he said.
The Minister, however, clarified that subsidies relating to cooking gas (LPG), kerosene, diesel, food and fertilizers will not be included in the first phase of the roll-out.
"At the moment there is no intention to transfer subsides on food, fertiliser, diesel and kerosene through direct benefit transfer. Here, existing system will continue because they are complex issues," he said.
On subsidy on LPG, the Minister clarified, "I don't know when it will be covered. It is not covered in the first phase."
The Minister said that scheme will be rolled out in 43 districts by March 1 - 20 districts from January 1, 11 districts from February 1 and 12 districts from March 1.
By end of 2013, Chidambaram said, the direct cash benefit transfer will be rolled out in all the districts of the country.
He said the subsidies would be transferred to the beneficiaries' bank accounts if they do not have an Aadhaar number.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Actress Priyanka Chopra has expressed her displeasure over the Christmas clash between her
- Huma Qureshi in Gurinder Chadha's next film
- Madhuri's launches clothing brand
- Anushka not to endorse any fairness products
- 'Silsila' completes 34 years, Big B nostalgic
- Dhanush's movie reached Venice Film Festival
- Balki's Ka and Ki most awaited film of 2016
- Bieber announces new single
- Yes, Mira Rajput will be on Jhalak Dikh Laaja Reloaded
Two young children who were locked up in a kennel during the day by their grandfather with
If these images are to be believed, we would be seeing a couple of design innovations that