- 3 married lesbians expecting their first babyPICS: If this is not Modi wave what else is!Cricketer Sachin votesKunal Kapoor to become Bachchan’s ‘Damaad’?Letter written on Titanic up for auctionMeet Ajay-Kajol’s kids Nysa and Yug, view picsRani Mukerji childhood picturesShri Sai Baba of Shirdi:Rare Picsunseen pictures of Sachin TendulkarIPL7: Preity Zinta cheers for KXIP, view pics
PV Sindhu, Parupalli Kashyap and RMV Gurusaidutt made winning starts to their respective
Sensex on positive nodes at close Last Updated : 18 Dec 2012 05:22:35 PM IST File of Bombay stock exchange.
The BSE benchmark Sensex closed over 120 points higher with rate sensitive banking and realty stocks attracting good buying on optimism of RBI easing monetary policy next month even as the central bank kept the interest rate unchanged in policy review on Tuesday.
The 30-share index jumped after RBI announced its mid quarter policy review and ended with a gain of 120.33 points, or 0.63 per cent, at 19,364.75.
The broad-based National Stock Exchange index Nifty rose by 38.90 points, or 0.66 per cent, to 5,896.80, led by stocks of banking, realty shares.
RBI kept the key interest rates unchanged, but hinted at easing of rates in January saying with decline in inflation, the focus of monetary policy would shift to removing impediments to growth.
Brokers added that a firming global trend further fuelled the uptrend.
In 30-BSE index components, 23 stocks gained, while six closed with losses. Tata Power remained unchanged.
Major gainers were State Bank of India, ICICI Bank, Bharti Airtel, BHEL, Hindalco, Infosys, Larsen and Toubro, Jindal Steel, Tata Steel and Sun Pharma.
The realty sector index gained the most by 2.38 per cent to 2,120.67, followed by metal index by 1.78 per cent to 10,946.67. Banking index rose by 0.34 per cent to 14,322.15.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Kangana Ranaut starrer 'Revolver Rani' hit theatres on Friday, 25 April, 2014 and the 'Que
- Women with the world's best butts
- Kunal Kapoor to become Bachchan’s ‘Damaad’?
- Jodha Akbar director denies sexually abusing actor Paridhi Sharma
- Angelina Jolie and I ‘check in on each other ’: Billy Bob Thornton
- Meet Ajay-Kajol’s kids Nysa and Yug, view pics
- Rani Mukerji childhood pictures
- Yo Yo Honey Singh generous towards Akshay
- Truth behind Rani-Aditya hush-hush wedding
Brynn, Doll and Kitten Young are probably the first 'throuple' who got married and are now
Homegrown handset maker Micromax on Tuesday launched its new six-inch phablet 'Canvas Dood