- Why Katrina-Ranbir starrer Jagga Jasoos is getting delayedDeepika to decide if she wants to have sex before or after marriageHema malini and Dharmendra all set to become nana-naniWhy is Aamir Khan taking steroids?Salman Khan will be acquitted in Hit-and-Run case?Detective Sushant visits old Delhi railway stationTry these 5 Lazy Ways to Stay SlimKim blasts on Kris JennerPics: Thousands bid farewell to Lee in SingaporeYoungsters 'happier and healthier' than ten years ago
Kidambi Srikanth on Sunday gave delight to the nation by clinching men's singles titles at
Sensex on positive nodes at close Last Updated : 18 Dec 2012 05:22:35 PM IST File of Bombay stock exchange.
The BSE benchmark Sensex closed over 120 points higher with rate sensitive banking and realty stocks attracting good buying on optimism of RBI easing monetary policy next month even as the central bank kept the interest rate unchanged in policy review on Tuesday.
The 30-share index jumped after RBI announced its mid quarter policy review and ended with a gain of 120.33 points, or 0.63 per cent, at 19,364.75.
The broad-based National Stock Exchange index Nifty rose by 38.90 points, or 0.66 per cent, to 5,896.80, led by stocks of banking, realty shares.
RBI kept the key interest rates unchanged, but hinted at easing of rates in January saying with decline in inflation, the focus of monetary policy would shift to removing impediments to growth.
Brokers added that a firming global trend further fuelled the uptrend.
In 30-BSE index components, 23 stocks gained, while six closed with losses. Tata Power remained unchanged.
Major gainers were State Bank of India, ICICI Bank, Bharti Airtel, BHEL, Hindalco, Infosys, Larsen and Toubro, Jindal Steel, Tata Steel and Sun Pharma.
The realty sector index gained the most by 2.38 per cent to 2,120.67, followed by metal index by 1.78 per cent to 10,946.67. Banking index rose by 0.34 per cent to 14,322.15.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Read to know the real reason behind the delay of Katrina Kaif and Ranbir Kapoor starrer Ja
- Deepika to decide if she wants to have sex before or after marriage
- Hema malini and Dharmendra all set to become nana-nani
- Why is Aamir Khan taking steroids?
- Salman Khan will be acquitted in Hit-and-Run case?
- Detective Sushant visits old Delhi railway station
- PICS:Kim blasts on Kris Jenner
- Video+Pics:Deepika bats for women equality
- Shruti to face cheating Case
A new study reveals the secret of why men likes to grow their beards.
Mobile commerce is likely to overtake e-commerce in the next few years, spurred by the con