- Bipasha shares burnt marksIt will be a snowy Christmas for Ranbir-KatrinaPRDP enters 200 crore clubAll about Dimpy Ganguly's bacheloretteRanveer watched 'Tamasha' with Ranbir, DeepikaEmraan to kiss again on screen in 'Azhar''Dilwale' unveils new songWhy sex in hotel room longer than at homeHrithik Roshan lauds Aamir\'s response to criticismVideo: Hot uncensored kissing scene of James Bond\'s Spectre
After a successful season last year, Indian Premier Tennis League (IPTL) founder and star
Sensex on positive nodes at close Last Updated : 18 Dec 2012 05:22:35 PM IST File of Bombay stock exchange.
The BSE benchmark Sensex closed over 120 points higher with rate sensitive banking and realty stocks attracting good buying on optimism of RBI easing monetary policy next month even as the central bank kept the interest rate unchanged in policy review on Tuesday.
The 30-share index jumped after RBI announced its mid quarter policy review and ended with a gain of 120.33 points, or 0.63 per cent, at 19,364.75.
The broad-based National Stock Exchange index Nifty rose by 38.90 points, or 0.66 per cent, to 5,896.80, led by stocks of banking, realty shares.
RBI kept the key interest rates unchanged, but hinted at easing of rates in January saying with decline in inflation, the focus of monetary policy would shift to removing impediments to growth.
Brokers added that a firming global trend further fuelled the uptrend.
In 30-BSE index components, 23 stocks gained, while six closed with losses. Tata Power remained unchanged.
Major gainers were State Bank of India, ICICI Bank, Bharti Airtel, BHEL, Hindalco, Infosys, Larsen and Toubro, Jindal Steel, Tata Steel and Sun Pharma.
The realty sector index gained the most by 2.38 per cent to 2,120.67, followed by metal index by 1.78 per cent to 10,946.67. Banking index rose by 0.34 per cent to 14,322.15.
Source:PTI, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Noted playback singer Shreya Ghoshal feels that filmmaker Sanjay Leela Bhansali has a "Mid
- Tough for couples to romance on-screen: Anurag
- Bipasha shares burnt marks
- It will be a snowy Christmas for Ranbir-Katrina
- PRDP enters 200 crore club
- All about Dimpy Ganguly's bachelorette
- Ranveer watched 'Tamasha' with Ranbir, Deepika
- B-town salute the Martyrs of 26/11
- Emraan to kiss again on screen in 'Azhar'
In a gruesome and shocking incident, the head of a baby got separated from its body during
The Power Electronics and Control unit company has developed mobile application "MassPark"