- Aamir wants no item girls in B-woodPics: Check out Bollywood hunk John Abraham's new bikeAditi gets into Chandramukhi modeKatrina performs daring stunts in waterDeepika Padukone cleavage controversy: 'Discuss cup size if relevant'Coca-Cola launches sugar free soft drinkSunny Leone at zoOm Tv functionNow monkeys fall in love with Jacqueline!SRK-Aishwarya together on screen?Aamir’s PK earns Rs 85 cr much before release
Swiss tennis legend Martina Hingis said in Tokyo on Friday about Li Na's retirement was a
Sensex on positive nodes at close Last Updated : 18 Dec 2012 05:22:35 PM IST File of Bombay stock exchange.
The BSE benchmark Sensex closed over 120 points higher with rate sensitive banking and realty stocks attracting good buying on optimism of RBI easing monetary policy next month even as the central bank kept the interest rate unchanged in policy review on Tuesday.
The 30-share index jumped after RBI announced its mid quarter policy review and ended with a gain of 120.33 points, or 0.63 per cent, at 19,364.75.
The broad-based National Stock Exchange index Nifty rose by 38.90 points, or 0.66 per cent, to 5,896.80, led by stocks of banking, realty shares.
RBI kept the key interest rates unchanged, but hinted at easing of rates in January saying with decline in inflation, the focus of monetary policy would shift to removing impediments to growth.
Brokers added that a firming global trend further fuelled the uptrend.
In 30-BSE index components, 23 stocks gained, while six closed with losses. Tata Power remained unchanged.
Major gainers were State Bank of India, ICICI Bank, Bharti Airtel, BHEL, Hindalco, Infosys, Larsen and Toubro, Jindal Steel, Tata Steel and Sun Pharma.
The realty sector index gained the most by 2.38 per cent to 2,120.67, followed by metal index by 1.78 per cent to 10,946.67. Banking index rose by 0.34 per cent to 14,322.15.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Aamir Khan has strongly opposed the term 'item girls' in films.
- Pics: Check out Bollywood hunk John Abraham's new bike
- Aditi gets into Chandramukhi mode
- Katrina performs daring stunts in water
- Deepika Padukone cleavage controversy: 'Discuss cup size if relevant'
- Sunny Leone at zoOm Tv function
- Now monkeys fall in love with Jacqueline!
- SRK-Aishwarya together on screen?
- Aamir’s PK earns Rs 85 cr much before release
Lord Hanuman has managed to get an Aadhaar card made, but there are no takers for it.
Feature phone maker Jivi has launched its first affordable smartphone. The handset is pr