- Want to breathe clean air? Travel to Himachal's Kinnaur districtMovie Review BaaghiBipasha-Karan wedding celebrations begin'The Man Who Knew...' unravels the mystique of Ramanujan Rating: *****Divyanka Tripathi bags maximum honours at Star Parivaar Awards 2016Olympics: India clubbed with Germany in hockey Pool BKamal Haasan to revive Balram Naidu characterSunita Williams, team to ensure safe cargo flights to ISSPreity Zinta to host reception in MumbaiBipasha Basu mehendi ceremony details
Star Indian shuttler Saina Nehwal defeated Nitchaon Jindapol of Thailand in straight games
Sensex on positive nodes at close Last Updated : 18 Dec 2012 05:22:35 PM IST File of Bombay stock exchange.
The BSE benchmark Sensex closed over 120 points higher with rate sensitive banking and realty stocks attracting good buying on optimism of RBI easing monetary policy next month even as the central bank kept the interest rate unchanged in policy review on Tuesday.
The 30-share index jumped after RBI announced its mid quarter policy review and ended with a gain of 120.33 points, or 0.63 per cent, at 19,364.75.
The broad-based National Stock Exchange index Nifty rose by 38.90 points, or 0.66 per cent, to 5,896.80, led by stocks of banking, realty shares.
RBI kept the key interest rates unchanged, but hinted at easing of rates in January saying with decline in inflation, the focus of monetary policy would shift to removing impediments to growth.
Brokers added that a firming global trend further fuelled the uptrend.
In 30-BSE index components, 23 stocks gained, while six closed with losses. Tata Power remained unchanged.
Major gainers were State Bank of India, ICICI Bank, Bharti Airtel, BHEL, Hindalco, Infosys, Larsen and Toubro, Jindal Steel, Tata Steel and Sun Pharma.
The realty sector index gained the most by 2.38 per cent to 2,120.67, followed by metal index by 1.78 per cent to 10,946.67. Banking index rose by 0.34 per cent to 14,322.15.
Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
National Award-winning actress Kalki Koechlin says she doesn't like to think about awards
- Movie Review Baaghi
- Salman will be able to add glamour to Rio: Ganguly
- Mamta, spouse under probe in narcotics racket
- Bipasha-Karan wedding celebrations begin
- Girls love my eyes: SRK
- 'The Man Who Knew...' unravels the mystique of Ramanujan Rating: *****
- 'Mother's Day': A light-hearted celebration.
- Unfair to call me 'arrogant' for supporting Salman: Salim Khan
Is it true that fashion affects the personality? but it has certain tendency to achieve so
Gone are the days when laptops were marketed as fastest, smartest, biggest or best on the