- Dhanteras 2016 Wallpaper and Facebook imagesShivaay film reviewHow to become rich on DhanterasPics: How America elects its president ?Tips to dress your best this festive seasonYou look your best when you work with Karan Johar, says AnushkaDIY tips to light up your home for DiwaliMake a glitzy style statement on DiwaliWays to stay healthy during DiwaliManage diabetes and enjoy Diwali
Legendary footballers Pele, Diego Maradona and Franz Beckenbauer led the tributes for Braz
Sensex on positive nodes at close Last Updated : 18 Dec 2012 05:22:35 PM IST File of Bombay stock exchange.
The BSE benchmark Sensex closed over 120 points higher with rate sensitive banking and realty stocks attracting good buying on optimism of RBI easing monetary policy next month even as the central bank kept the interest rate unchanged in policy review on Tuesday.
The 30-share index jumped after RBI announced its mid quarter policy review and ended with a gain of 120.33 points, or 0.63 per cent, at 19,364.75.
The broad-based National Stock Exchange index Nifty rose by 38.90 points, or 0.66 per cent, to 5,896.80, led by stocks of banking, realty shares.
RBI kept the key interest rates unchanged, but hinted at easing of rates in January saying with decline in inflation, the focus of monetary policy would shift to removing impediments to growth.
Brokers added that a firming global trend further fuelled the uptrend.
In 30-BSE index components, 23 stocks gained, while six closed with losses. Tata Power remained unchanged.
Major gainers were State Bank of India, ICICI Bank, Bharti Airtel, BHEL, Hindalco, Infosys, Larsen and Toubro, Jindal Steel, Tata Steel and Sun Pharma.
The realty sector index gained the most by 2.38 per cent to 2,120.67, followed by metal index by 1.78 per cent to 10,946.67. Banking index rose by 0.34 per cent to 14,322.15.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Filmmaker Karan Johar, who admits he has taken the botox way for his face, says that going
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' film review
- Deepika to celebrate Diwali with family
- Shivaay film review
- It's time to stand with our jawans: Amjad Ali Khan
- You look your best when you work with Karan Johar, says Anushka
- SRK lends support to beautifying Bandstand Promenade
- 'Kaabil' trailer preview
- Salman Khan's bodyguard booked for assault
An Indonesian court on Tuesday sentenced a 70-year-old Australian man to 15 years in pri
Domestic mobile manufacturer Zen mobiles on Friday launched a new smartphone Zen Cinemax 2