- There is no replacement for Akshay Kumar: Anees BazmeeHappy with \'Phantom\' response, says SaifKangana is content being singleHot cover girls of September 2015Sonam is hot, says HrithikI have beautiful relationship with Akshay: John AbrahamSonam impressed by Hrithik\'s humilityParineeti's hot photoshoot for 'The Juice'It is Confirmed now that Rani Mukerji is pregnantNana Patekar\'s temper is justified: John Abraham
The Delhi High Court revoked the conferment of Rashtriya Khel Protsahan Puraskar (RKPP) 20
Sensex on positive nodes at close Last Updated : 18 Dec 2012 05:22:35 PM IST File of Bombay stock exchange.
The BSE benchmark Sensex closed over 120 points higher with rate sensitive banking and realty stocks attracting good buying on optimism of RBI easing monetary policy next month even as the central bank kept the interest rate unchanged in policy review on Tuesday.
The 30-share index jumped after RBI announced its mid quarter policy review and ended with a gain of 120.33 points, or 0.63 per cent, at 19,364.75.
The broad-based National Stock Exchange index Nifty rose by 38.90 points, or 0.66 per cent, to 5,896.80, led by stocks of banking, realty shares.
RBI kept the key interest rates unchanged, but hinted at easing of rates in January saying with decline in inflation, the focus of monetary policy would shift to removing impediments to growth.
Brokers added that a firming global trend further fuelled the uptrend.
In 30-BSE index components, 23 stocks gained, while six closed with losses. Tata Power remained unchanged.
Major gainers were State Bank of India, ICICI Bank, Bharti Airtel, BHEL, Hindalco, Infosys, Larsen and Toubro, Jindal Steel, Tata Steel and Sun Pharma.
The realty sector index gained the most by 2.38 per cent to 2,120.67, followed by metal index by 1.78 per cent to 10,946.67. Banking index rose by 0.34 per cent to 14,322.15.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Veteran actor Rishi Kapoor, who turned a year-old on Friday, September 4, ushered in his b
- Aadesh Shrivastava critical, doctors stop chemo
- 'Pyaar Ka Punchnama 2' trailer released: Watch now
- SRK reaches 15m fan following on Twitter
- Like to work with Sonam: Hrithik
- John doesn't blame Nana Patekar for short temper
- Amanda Peterson no more
- Salman to shoot for 'Bigg Boss 9' promos in Karjat
- There is no replacement for Akshay Kumar: Anees Bazmee
Scientists have discovered that Roman-era Egyptian mummy portraits used the pigment Egypti
Lenovo starts smartphone manufacturing in India.