- Range Rover factory in China inauguratedRemedy on Dhanteras to become richRekha's vanity van tantrumsPICS: Celebrate eco-friendly DiwaliAamir, Ekta Kapoor to host Diwali card partyBill Clinton\'s Girlfriend Monica Lewinsky joins TwitterEngagement on cards for Anushka-Virat!Shilpa Shetty, Raj Kundra celebrates Diwali with friendsRanveer Singh\'s bald look for \'Bajirao Mastaani\'Why did Dia Mirza interrupt the priest at her wedding?
South African Paralympic athlete Oscar Pistorius has been sentenced to five years in priso
Sensex on positive nodes at close Last Updated : 18 Dec 2012 05:22:35 PM IST File of Bombay stock exchange.
The BSE benchmark Sensex closed over 120 points higher with rate sensitive banking and realty stocks attracting good buying on optimism of RBI easing monetary policy next month even as the central bank kept the interest rate unchanged in policy review on Tuesday.
The 30-share index jumped after RBI announced its mid quarter policy review and ended with a gain of 120.33 points, or 0.63 per cent, at 19,364.75.
The broad-based National Stock Exchange index Nifty rose by 38.90 points, or 0.66 per cent, to 5,896.80, led by stocks of banking, realty shares.
RBI kept the key interest rates unchanged, but hinted at easing of rates in January saying with decline in inflation, the focus of monetary policy would shift to removing impediments to growth.
Brokers added that a firming global trend further fuelled the uptrend.
In 30-BSE index components, 23 stocks gained, while six closed with losses. Tata Power remained unchanged.
Major gainers were State Bank of India, ICICI Bank, Bharti Airtel, BHEL, Hindalco, Infosys, Larsen and Toubro, Jindal Steel, Tata Steel and Sun Pharma.
The realty sector index gained the most by 2.38 per cent to 2,120.67, followed by metal index by 1.78 per cent to 10,946.67. Banking index rose by 0.34 per cent to 14,322.15.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
The makers of Rang Rasiya have released the romantic song Kahae Sataye, featuring Randeep
- Kareena flaunts cleavage at IIFA 2014, view pic
- Rekha's vanity van tantrums
- Cop rescues Ashish Vidyarthi from drowning on set
- Aamir, Ekta Kapoor to host Diwali card party
- Detective Byomkesh Bakshy: Exclusive Official Teaser
- Shahid, Farhan doing funny rap at IIFA 2014, watch video
- Engagement on cards for Anushka-Virat!
- Shilpa Shetty, Raj Kundra celebrates Diwali with friends
In a spooky mix-up, a woman in the UK was horrified at receiving text messages from her de
Korean handset maker Samsung on Tuesday launched its most expensive device in the country