- PM Modi celebrates Diwali with jawans at Siachen'PK' is the toughest role of my career: Aamir KhanFirst fish hospital in Kolkata soonMany faces of Shah Rukh KhanIndia celebrates Diwali with traditional fervourCamila Alves pressured husbandActress caught having sex in public placeRanveer Singh sizzles with Parineeti ChopraNissan rolls out premium EvaliaIndia\'s first seaplane service
Badminton world number one Lee Chong Wei recently failed a drug test, Malaysian media rep
Sensex on positive nodes at close Last Updated : 18 Dec 2012 05:22:35 PM IST File of Bombay stock exchange.
The BSE benchmark Sensex closed over 120 points higher with rate sensitive banking and realty stocks attracting good buying on optimism of RBI easing monetary policy next month even as the central bank kept the interest rate unchanged in policy review on Tuesday.
The 30-share index jumped after RBI announced its mid quarter policy review and ended with a gain of 120.33 points, or 0.63 per cent, at 19,364.75.
The broad-based National Stock Exchange index Nifty rose by 38.90 points, or 0.66 per cent, to 5,896.80, led by stocks of banking, realty shares.
RBI kept the key interest rates unchanged, but hinted at easing of rates in January saying with decline in inflation, the focus of monetary policy would shift to removing impediments to growth.
Brokers added that a firming global trend further fuelled the uptrend.
In 30-BSE index components, 23 stocks gained, while six closed with losses. Tata Power remained unchanged.
Major gainers were State Bank of India, ICICI Bank, Bharti Airtel, BHEL, Hindalco, Infosys, Larsen and Toubro, Jindal Steel, Tata Steel and Sun Pharma.
The realty sector index gained the most by 2.38 per cent to 2,120.67, followed by metal index by 1.78 per cent to 10,946.67. Banking index rose by 0.34 per cent to 14,322.15.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Aamir Khan says his role in upcoming comedy-drama 'PK' is one of the challenging roles of
- Bollywood goes gaga over 'PK' teaser
- Many faces of Shah Rukh Khan
- Men tried to harass Taylor Swift
- Scarlett named most fascinating people
- Camila Alves pressured husband
- Actress caught having sex in public place
- Ranveer Singh sizzles with Parineeti Chopra
- Like Tagore's 'Ektuku Choya Lage': Anup Jalota! Listen song
Country's first fish hospital to treat abnormalities and diseases in them is set to come u
Korean handset maker Samsung on Tuesday launched its most expensive device in the country