- Salman attends sister's receptionFirst teaser of 'Azhar' unveiledTWMR: Watch one Kangna get one free, and it is a joyride all wayUnknown facts about 12 class CBSE topper M GayatriPriyanka caught having sex in carSalma defends banning of selfiesSEE PHOTOS: Sexy kim-West celebrate first wedding anniversary in royal moodIrrfan turns suave for \'Jazbaa\'Mumbai Indians capture 2nd IPL titleSexy Vanessa facing tendinitis
India's Deepa Kumari has been promoted as the international hockey umpire by the Internati
Sensex on positive nodes at close Last Updated : 18 Dec 2012 05:22:35 PM IST File of Bombay stock exchange.
The BSE benchmark Sensex closed over 120 points higher with rate sensitive banking and realty stocks attracting good buying on optimism of RBI easing monetary policy next month even as the central bank kept the interest rate unchanged in policy review on Tuesday.
The 30-share index jumped after RBI announced its mid quarter policy review and ended with a gain of 120.33 points, or 0.63 per cent, at 19,364.75.
The broad-based National Stock Exchange index Nifty rose by 38.90 points, or 0.66 per cent, to 5,896.80, led by stocks of banking, realty shares.
RBI kept the key interest rates unchanged, but hinted at easing of rates in January saying with decline in inflation, the focus of monetary policy would shift to removing impediments to growth.
Brokers added that a firming global trend further fuelled the uptrend.
In 30-BSE index components, 23 stocks gained, while six closed with losses. Tata Power remained unchanged.
Major gainers were State Bank of India, ICICI Bank, Bharti Airtel, BHEL, Hindalco, Infosys, Larsen and Toubro, Jindal Steel, Tata Steel and Sun Pharma.
The realty sector index gained the most by 2.38 per cent to 2,120.67, followed by metal index by 1.78 per cent to 10,946.67. Banking index rose by 0.34 per cent to 14,322.15.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Salman Khan attended sister Arpita wedding reception in Mandi.
- First teaser of 'Azhar' unveiled
- Rutherford win custody battle
- Kim Kardashian celebrates anniversary
- Katy Perry avoiding ex-husband
- Gallagher sick of mistakes
- TWMR: Watch one Kangna get one free, and it is a joyride all way
- Naomi Campbell had "the best birthday in the world"
- Actress-comedian Anne Meara passed away
An ancient aqueduct built more than 2,000 years ago to transport water into the city of Je
Government is setting up a centre that will detect malicious programmes like 'botnets' and