- Bhavna Bhavnani abuses Salman Khan to sell her bookDeepika Padukone among worl'd richest actresses nowSakshi Malik will be Beti Bachao Beti Padhao brand ambassador in HaryanaRustom Girl Ileana D'Cruz's monsoon skin ritualFirst Look: Shah Rukh shooting for The Ring'Half Girlfriend' team finishes Cape Town scheduleSedition case filed against actor Ramya for Pakistan is not hell remarkAryan Khan flaunts abs at college partyWon't camouflage baby bump on screen: KareenaMy husband is with Sindhu, this makes a difference
Real Madrid superstar Cristiano Ronaldo has credited Zinedine Zidane's appointment as Real
Sensex on positive nodes at close Last Updated : 18 Dec 2012 05:22:35 PM IST File of Bombay stock exchange.
The BSE benchmark Sensex closed over 120 points higher with rate sensitive banking and realty stocks attracting good buying on optimism of RBI easing monetary policy next month even as the central bank kept the interest rate unchanged in policy review on Tuesday.
The 30-share index jumped after RBI announced its mid quarter policy review and ended with a gain of 120.33 points, or 0.63 per cent, at 19,364.75.
The broad-based National Stock Exchange index Nifty rose by 38.90 points, or 0.66 per cent, to 5,896.80, led by stocks of banking, realty shares.
RBI kept the key interest rates unchanged, but hinted at easing of rates in January saying with decline in inflation, the focus of monetary policy would shift to removing impediments to growth.
Brokers added that a firming global trend further fuelled the uptrend.
In 30-BSE index components, 23 stocks gained, while six closed with losses. Tata Power remained unchanged.
Major gainers were State Bank of India, ICICI Bank, Bharti Airtel, BHEL, Hindalco, Infosys, Larsen and Toubro, Jindal Steel, Tata Steel and Sun Pharma.
The realty sector index gained the most by 2.38 per cent to 2,120.67, followed by metal index by 1.78 per cent to 10,946.67. Banking index rose by 0.34 per cent to 14,322.15.
Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Oops! Who said this? Bigg Boss contestant and also hair stylist Bhavna Bhavnani gives shoc
- Deepika Padukone among worl'd richest actresses now
- Shraddha Kapoor to judge reality show?
- Tiger shroff wants to do clean noble caharcters
- Music will always remain integral part of my life: Karan
- Film with SRK at premature stage: Kangana
- Sony Pictures new movie channel
- Kareena to be showstopper at LFW finale
- Biopic should be made on P.T Usha: Sonam
The world's largest natural pearl will be put on display in the Philippines soon, after th
Tech giant Microsoft has acquired artificial intelligence (AI)-based scheduling service Ge