- Me and Hrithik were not holidaying together: SussanneKareena shoots first ad post pregnancy newsFawad, Deepika turn muse for Manish MalhotraHockey legend Mohammed Shahid passes awayB'Day Special: Controversial Shweta Basu is Naseeruddin Shah's co star in Inter..Facebook,Twitter, Bigg Boss, Mumbai Blast, Tsunami turning 10 this year.When I was 13: Rahul Bose takes celebs down memory laneSocial media trolls don't affect me anymore: Anushka SharmaI'm one of the rare breed of directors: Nishikant KamatDeepika wishes 'kindest, generous' Vin Diesel on birthday
Wrestling Federation of India President Brij Bhusan Sharan Singh on Monday backed dope-tai
Sensex on positive nodes at close Last Updated : 18 Dec 2012 05:22:35 PM IST File of Bombay stock exchange.
The BSE benchmark Sensex closed over 120 points higher with rate sensitive banking and realty stocks attracting good buying on optimism of RBI easing monetary policy next month even as the central bank kept the interest rate unchanged in policy review on Tuesday.
The 30-share index jumped after RBI announced its mid quarter policy review and ended with a gain of 120.33 points, or 0.63 per cent, at 19,364.75.
The broad-based National Stock Exchange index Nifty rose by 38.90 points, or 0.66 per cent, to 5,896.80, led by stocks of banking, realty shares.
RBI kept the key interest rates unchanged, but hinted at easing of rates in January saying with decline in inflation, the focus of monetary policy would shift to removing impediments to growth.
Brokers added that a firming global trend further fuelled the uptrend.
In 30-BSE index components, 23 stocks gained, while six closed with losses. Tata Power remained unchanged.
Major gainers were State Bank of India, ICICI Bank, Bharti Airtel, BHEL, Hindalco, Infosys, Larsen and Toubro, Jindal Steel, Tata Steel and Sun Pharma.
The realty sector index gained the most by 2.38 per cent to 2,120.67, followed by metal index by 1.78 per cent to 10,946.67. Banking index rose by 0.34 per cent to 14,322.15.
Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Several Bollywood celebrities including filmmakers Subhash Ghai and Ram Gopal Varma have w
- No negative roles for Nausheen Ali
- Varun Dhawan reacts to Salman Khan's acquittal
- Salman Khan's sister happy with his acquittal in poaching cases
- Melissa McCarthy loves jumpsuits with zippers
- I'd love to do a film with SRK: Paul Feig
- Don't wish to make career in acting: Shekhar
- Cinema not a place for competition: Sobhita
- Rihanna doesn't want her fans 'catching Pokemons' at concerts
At 86, Dakshayani shows no signs of ageing and looks absolutely fit as she gets all set to
Domestic electronics company Micromax has announced a new laptop series Micromax Ignite an