- Hema Malini\'s daughter Ahana Deol\'s Baby Shower ceremonySunny's husband Daniel Weber was seen dancing with bikini girlsSee Deepika Padukone what men want!See Mira Rajput and Shahid Kapoor's roka cermony!Interesting Facts about Meena Kumari 'The Tragedy Queen'Watch \'Kuch Kuch Locha Hai\' trailerSalman Khan’s ex -flame Somy Ali sexually assaultedWhy Katrina-Ranbir starrer Jagga Jasoos is getting delayedDeepika to decide if she wants to have sex before or after marriageHema malini and Dharmendra all set to become nana-nani
India's legendary sprinter Milkha Singh on Wednesday said that doping is like cancer and g
Rupee tumbling against dollar at close Last Updated : 13 Dec 2012 06:58:57 PM IST File photo of Indian currency rupee.
Falling for the second day, the rupee on Thursday weakened by 14 paise to close at 54.46 tracking losses in Indian stocks amid sustained dollar demand from importers.
A firm US dollar overseas after the Federal Reserve's decision to expand monetary stimulus also weighed on the rupee while continued FII inflows worth USD 230 million in stocks restricted the fall to 14 paise, forex dealers said.
At the Interbank Foreign Exchange (Forex) market, the rupee commenced strong at 54.15 a dollar against last close of 54.32. It immediately touched a high of 54.10 on early rise in equities and fresh dollar selling by exporters.
However, the rupee fell back on weakness in local stocks and dollar demand from importers, mainly oil refiners, to a low of 54.52. It finally setlled for the day at 54.46, showing a fall of 14 paise or 0.26 per cent.
Yesterday, it was down by six paise or 0.11 per cent.
Pramit Brahmbhatt, CEO, Alpari Financial Services (India) said: "The rupee reversed the initial gains on dollar buying by oil importers and defence related payments. The weaker tone of domestic equity markets also weighed on rupee after the index heavy weights shed some of their recent gains."
Meanwhile, the Indian stock market benchmark Sensex today closed down by 126 points or 0.65 per cent, completing a five sessions of losses.
The dollar index, a gauge of six major global rivals, was up by 0.15 per cent in Europe today.
"Initial gains in rupee were supported by dollar index sustaining below 80.00 and Euro sustaining above USD 1.30 levels.
"However, later we saw rupee depreciating till the level of 54.52 as Euro started weakening ahead of the EU summit and also on account of FCCB redemptions" said Abhishek Goenka, Founder and CEO, India Forex Advisors.
The premium for the forward dollar moved down further on sustained receipts by exporters.
The benchmark six-month forward dollar premium payable in May declined to 166-1/2-168 paise from Wednesday's close of 168-1/2-170-1/2 paise.
Far-forward contracts maturing in November also softened to 314-316 paise from 316-318 paise.
The RBI has fixed the reference rate for the US dollar at 54.2320 and for euro at 70.9440.
The rupee eased further against the pound sterling to end at 87.77 from previous close of 87.69 and remained weak against the euro to 71.07 from 70.75.
It, however, improved further against the Japanese yen to 65.30 per 100 yen from overnight close of 65.59.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Hold your breath. We are going to show you a very hot pic of Sunny. Have you seen Sunny se
- Why Deepika's My Choice video may just a publicity stunt?
- PICS:Sonakshi showing her bare legs
- Women empowerment more than just sex
- Meet sexy Southern hottie Raai Laxmi making her B-Wood debut
- Sonam Kapoor bares her breasts, see pics
- Watch Video: Sunny Leone in boldest avatar ever
- Hema Malini's daughter Ahana Deol's Baby Shower ceremony
- Sunny's husband Daniel Weber was seen dancing with bikini girls
Some ants on the streets of Manhattan have developed a taste for junk food, offering insig
Google is releasing its cheapest Chromebook laptops yet, two versions priced at USD 149 ai