- I was mesmerised by Aishwarya's persona: Anushka SharmaShivaay: second trailer releasedWant my daughter to be proud of me: ShahidTips to pick lip colour this festive seasonMNS allows release of Karan Johar's 'Ae Dil...''My Father Iqbal': Does not rise to expectationsTrain To Busan movie reviewKnow more about Parineeti ChopraHow to spend more time, less money during vacations!'Jack Reacher...': Tom Cruise's finest film in years
A FIFA delegation confirmed on Monday that the city will be one of the venues for the U-
Indians among several Asian honoured for business leadership Last Updated : 11 Dec 2012 10:14:34 AM IST Indians among several Asian honoured for business leadership
Indian entrepreneur Deepak Kuntawala was among several people of Indian-origin to be awarded with an Asian Leadership award for their dynamic roles in establishing and leading their business organisations.
Kuntawala, the founding chairman of commodity trading and finance company DVK since 2001, was awarded the Young Entrepreneur 20102 award last night by the publisher of Asian Who's Who International.
Receiving the award from leading NRI entrepreneur Lord Karan Bilimoria, Deepak said "this award belongs to my team,my investors and to my family members who supported me in my endeavours."
Deepak has led the DVK Group to new heights, establishing a strong global footprint with 200 employees across his offices in Johannesburg, China, Hong Kong, UAE, Switzerland,Moscow, Nairobi and Ghana.
Ravi Gidar, an Indian-origin entrepreneur who founded the Gold Care Homes, one of the leading providers of elderly care in the UK won the Asian of the Year Award 2012.
Joginder Pal Sanger, winner of the Asian of the Year in 2011 presented the award to Gidar who currently operates 23 care homes across Birmingham and the South East with about 1150 beds. Ravi came to live in the UK in 1966 with his parents from
India. He grew up with schooling years in West London and graduated from Leicester School of Pharmacy. He completed his
Post Graduation in Pharmacy from Kings College London.
Namita Kapoor, Mumbai-born CEO of the IVS Group Ltd, UK's leading independent Merchanidse and Event retailing company,
bagged the Asian Leadership in International Business award.Namita Kapoor moved to the UK in 1990 and in 1999 joined IVS
Group Ltd and in 2011 became its CEO.
Ashraf Chohan, Co-Chair person of India-Pakistan Friendship Forum, was chosen for the Asian Leadership in Community Service award. Born in Pakistan, Chohan studied for his medical degree in Lahore.
Sanjay Newatia was chosen for the Asian Leadership in Banking award. Sanjay is currently Managing Director and Investment Partner at Credit Swuisse Ag.
"Sachar dreampt of the idea of recognising Asians for their outstanding contributions at a time when the conditions were quite different," said Lord Navnit Dholakia, Deputy Leader of the Liberal Democrats in the House of Lords. Lord Raj Loomba, launched the Silver Jubilee 25th Edition of Asian Who's Who 2012.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
It is interesting to see how Alia Bhatt's reputation as someone who gets trolled and is co
- My films have never made money: Vishal Bhardwaj
- Shoojit Sircar prefers football over filmmaking
- I was mesmerised by Aishwarya's persona: Anushka Sharma
- Shivaay: second trailer released
- Want my daughter to be proud of me: Shahid
- Shabana Azmi criticises Maharashtra CM
- First look of Baahubali 2 unvelied at MAMI
- I have not taken a penny for 'Shivaay': Ajay Devgn
Bihar Deputy Chief Minister Tejaswi Yadav has received 44,000 marriage proposals on a What
On October 23, 2001, Apple Co-Founder and former Chief Executive Steve Jobs unveiled iPod,