- Chitrangada taking selfie from new mobileHrithik Roshan on Deepika Padukone cleavage controversyYouth killed by White Tiger at Delhi ZooOur souls are connected: Katrina Kaif on Ranbir KapoorNeha Dhupia to turn film producerEmma Watson\'s nude photos about to leakHrithik Roshan rides an auto rickshawBhadra's rendition of Mahalaya still bestThe lucky man Irrfan KhanLamborghini sports car Huracan in India
The Indo-Zimbawbwean combination of Sania Mirza and Cara Black became the fourth pair to
Indians among several Asian honoured for business leadership Last Updated : 11 Dec 2012 10:14:34 AM IST Indians among several Asian honoured for business leadership
Indian entrepreneur Deepak Kuntawala was among several people of Indian-origin to be awarded with an Asian Leadership award for their dynamic roles in establishing and leading their business organisations.
Kuntawala, the founding chairman of commodity trading and finance company DVK since 2001, was awarded the Young Entrepreneur 20102 award last night by the publisher of Asian Who's Who International.
Receiving the award from leading NRI entrepreneur Lord Karan Bilimoria, Deepak said "this award belongs to my team,my investors and to my family members who supported me in my endeavours."
Deepak has led the DVK Group to new heights, establishing a strong global footprint with 200 employees across his offices in Johannesburg, China, Hong Kong, UAE, Switzerland,Moscow, Nairobi and Ghana.
Ravi Gidar, an Indian-origin entrepreneur who founded the Gold Care Homes, one of the leading providers of elderly care in the UK won the Asian of the Year Award 2012.
Joginder Pal Sanger, winner of the Asian of the Year in 2011 presented the award to Gidar who currently operates 23 care homes across Birmingham and the South East with about 1150 beds. Ravi came to live in the UK in 1966 with his parents from
India. He grew up with schooling years in West London and graduated from Leicester School of Pharmacy. He completed his
Post Graduation in Pharmacy from Kings College London.
Namita Kapoor, Mumbai-born CEO of the IVS Group Ltd, UK's leading independent Merchanidse and Event retailing company,
bagged the Asian Leadership in International Business award.Namita Kapoor moved to the UK in 1990 and in 1999 joined IVS
Group Ltd and in 2011 became its CEO.
Ashraf Chohan, Co-Chair person of India-Pakistan Friendship Forum, was chosen for the Asian Leadership in Community Service award. Born in Pakistan, Chohan studied for his medical degree in Lahore.
Sanjay Newatia was chosen for the Asian Leadership in Banking award. Sanjay is currently Managing Director and Investment Partner at Credit Swuisse Ag.
"Sachar dreampt of the idea of recognising Asians for their outstanding contributions at a time when the conditions were quite different," said Lord Navnit Dholakia, Deputy Leader of the Liberal Democrats in the House of Lords. Lord Raj Loomba, launched the Silver Jubilee 25th Edition of Asian Who's Who 2012.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Bollywood actors are these days flaunting their 6-packs and more abs on the silver screen
- Slam! The Tour goes houseful in Washington DC
- Famous sex scandals of Bollywood
- The lucky girl Sunny Leone
- Day2 inside Bigg Boss 8, tears, punishments and fights
- AbRam is Veena Malik's son!
- 18th death anniversary of hot South Indian actress Silk Smitha
- Chitrangada taking selfie from new mobile
- Hrithik Roshan on Deepika Padukone cleavage controversy
An 21 years-old American Jasmine Tridevil claims that she had plastic surgery to create a
Samsung will be launching its Tizen phones in india soon to boost falling sales.