- Katrina-Arjun\'s \'Fitoor\' wraps shootingWhen Kapil was pushed out of Aishwarya\'s vanity vanPriyanka to return to India for \'Bajirao\' shoot next weekShraddha Kapoor wraps \'Baaghi\' shootMovie review 'Singh is Bliing'Movie review 'Talvar'HOT October Magazine CoversPayment issues delay release of Vijay starrer \'Puli\'Salman finds \'Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam\' poster \'really nice\'First Look; Trailer of Prem Ratan Dhan Payo
Riding on forward SK Uthappa's twin strike, the Indian men's hockey team posted yet anothe
Inquiry into lapses in PF accountscases to 7 yrs Last Updated : 07 Dec 2012 05:05:03 PM IST File Photo:EPFOThe norms, which were issued by Central Provident Fund Commissioner (CPFC) R C Mishra on his last day in office (November 30), seek to modify the provisions that often result in harassment of employers and establishments.However, unhappy over the circular, the Trade Unions have decided to to press the government for its withdrawal.But, in a worker friendly move, the circular also sought to redefine the meaning of "basic wages" for the purpose of provident fund deductions.It said: "All such allowances which are ordinarily, necessarily and uniformly paid to the employees are to be treated as the basic wages".It did not, however, specify the allowances which should be included in 'basic wages'.According to the circular, the inquiry against employers can only be initiated after, "actionable and verifiable information," is placed for consideration before the compliance officers.The EPFO would also not take action against employers who fail to deposit dues of unidentified workers into the PFaccounts."There shall be no assessment without identifying individual members in whose account the fund is to be credited," the circular said.The employer, it said, would be required to make available online the complete history of the establishment for the benefit of compliance officers.The information to be provided should include the amount remitted and the number of employees engaged by the establishment.Source:PTI, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Salman Khan and Sonam Kapoor starrer "Prem Ratan Dhan Payo" trailer, which was released on
- Katrina-Arjun's 'Fitoor' wraps shooting
- When Kapil was pushed out of Aishwarya's vanity van
- Priyanka to return to India for 'Bajirao' shoot next week
- Shraddha Kapoor wraps 'Baaghi' shoot
- Ustad Amjad Ali Khan to kick-off UTSAV festival at Kennedy center
- Movie review 'Singh is Bliing'
- Movie review 'Talvar'
- HOT October Magazine Covers
A dog in the US had to be rescued after it accidentally knocked its owner's idling truck i
Google fired back at Apple with a pair of new smartphones, a "convertible" tablet and othe