- Tips to pick lip colour this festive seasonMNS allows release of Karan Johar's 'Ae Dil...''My Father Iqbal': Does not rise to expectationsTrain To Busan movie reviewKnow more about Parineeti ChopraHow to spend more time, less money during vacations!'Jack Reacher...': Tom Cruise's finest film in yearsIs it safe to eat chicken amidst this bird flu rumors?Arijit Singh re-dubs for song in 'Tum Bin 2'Movie Review: '31 October': Opens up wounds that never healed
The UN Committee on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities refused to investigate ban on
Singapore HC stays termination of GMR contract Last Updated : 03 Dec 2012 12:16:53 PM IST GMR contract: Singapore HC stays termination
The project aimed at for modernising the Male international airport, paving way for the operations to continue.
"The Singapore High Court has passed an injunction against the Maldivian Airport Company Limited (MACL) and the government from taking any action based on the November 27 letter," a GMR spokesperson told.
The MACL, based on the directions of the new Maldivian government, had on November 27 terminated the contract given to GMR in 2010 during the previous regime of President Mohamed Nasheed.
Asked, if GMR will continue to operate the airport, the company official said, "We will. The arbitration process will continue on the side".
As per the contract, in case of differences between various parties, the law of either Singapore or UK would apply.
India, which had reacted sharply to the termination, had in a high-level meeting reviewed overall relationship with Maldives.
The Cabinet Committee on Security, chaired by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, took into account the developments surrounding cancellation of the contract and its possible wider consequences.
India had termed the termination decision a "very negative signal" to foreign investors.
Maldivian President Mohamed Waheed had said the contract was invalid and was signed under "dubious" conditions by the Nasheed regime.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
The motion poster of S.S. Rajamouli's "Baahubali 2: The Conclusion" made a thunderous debu
- I have not taken a penny for 'Shivaay': Ajay Devgn
- My role in 'Sarkar 3' is small but important: Manoj Bajpai
- No skin show or liplocks in 'Ae Dil...': Aishwarya
- Producers 'thank' cinema owners for backing 'Ae Dil...' release
- MNS allows release of Karan Johar's 'Ae Dil...'
- 'My Father Iqbal': Does not rise to expectations
- Train To Busan movie review
- Akshay releases first look of 'Gold'
Bihar Deputy Chief Minister Tejaswi Yadav has received 44,000 marriage proposals on a What
When Google launched artificial intelligence (AI)-powered premium devices Pixel and Pixel