- Tips to stay healthy this DiwaliUnseen pics of Sunny Deol with mother and familyIs Sonali Raut secretly in love with this mystery man?Salman's 2015 and 2016 Eid releases final nowGauhar Khan: The new Bigg BossBollywood calling for Sunny Leone's husband DanielIn PICS: Dia Mirza weds Sahil SanghaJacqueline Fernandez follows Angelina Jolie, Cameron Diaz for Hollywood debutMeet Jhanvi Kapoor and Suhana Khan\'s best friendAjay Devgn comes to Kajol\'s rescue
Atletico de Kolkata's marquee player and former Liverpool star Luis Garcia may be unavail
Ratan Tata steps down as Chairman of Tata Global Beverages Last Updated : 20 Nov 2012 09:51:55 PM IST File photo of Tata group chief Ratan Tata.
Tata group chief Ratan Tata on Tuesday stepped down as Chairman of Tata Global Beverages with immediate effect, making way for successor Cyrus Mistry, who as also been inducted into the board of Indian Hotels Company.
In two separate filings to the BSE, the two firms said the respective meetings of the Board of Directors decided the changes as per Tata's retirement plans in December 2012.
"Effective November 20, 2012, Ratan N Tata has stepped down as Chairman of Tata Global Beverages Ltd and Cyrus P Mistry has been appointed Chairman," the company said.
Tata, however, will continue as one of the directors on the Board of Tata Global Beverages till his retirement in December 2012, it added.
Mistry was inducted on the Board of Tata Global Beverages in June 2012.
In a separate filing, Indian Hotels Company said: "Mistry has been appointed as an Additional Director, designated as the Non-Executive Chairman of the company."
IHCL and its subsidiaries are collectively known as Taj Hotels Resorts and Palaces.
On Tata's retirement in December, 2012, Mistry will take the charge of IHCL, whose "unsolicited" USD 1.86 billion buyout offer for luxury hotels chain Orient Express was recently rejected by the New York Stock Exchange-listed firm.
This was the second takeover attempt by Indian Hotels, which holds about 7 per cent in Orient Express.
Mistry has been a director of Tata Sons since 2006 and was appointed Deputy Chairman last November.
Earlier this month, he was appointed as the Deputy Chairman of Tata Steel and Tata Chemicals.
Tata Motors and Tata Consultancy Services had also inducted Mistry as Deputy Chairman.
Tata Global Beverages' shares today closed trading 2.96 per cent down at Rs 159.10 apiece on the BSE.
Shares of IHCL closed at Rs 59.90 per unit, down 2.28 per cent from its previous close.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
After collecting Rs 500 crore at the Indian box office, Aamir Khan-starrer 'Dhoom 3' has n
- Unseen pics of Sunny Deol with mother and family
- Is Sonali Raut secretly in love with this mystery man?
- Salman's 2015 and 2016 Eid releases final now
- Gauhar Khan: The new Bigg Boss
- Bollywood calling for Sunny Leone's husband Daniel
- In PICS: Dia Mirza weds Sahil Sangha
- Jacqueline Fernandez follows Angelina Jolie, Cameron Diaz for Hollywood debut
- Meet Jhanvi Kapoor and Suhana Khan's best friend
In a spooky mix-up, a woman in the UK was horrified at receiving text messages from her de
Korean handset maker Samsung on Tuesday launched its most expensive device in the country