- HC relief for Deepika PadukoneRape accused lynched in DimapurWatch Sunny Leone, Poonam celebrating HoliPICS:Why Sofia wants to see Hrithik Roshan naked?World\'s most complete Stegosaurus dinosaurBollywood\'s Bold BabesSonam Kapoor thanks fans for get well soon wishesHoli celebration across IndiaWatch Alia Bhatt\'s second homeNow Dilip Shanghvi is the richest Indian
Jeev Milkha Singh's erratic driving saw him struggle in the opening round of the Africa Op
Ratan Tata steps down as Chairman of Tata Global Beverages Last Updated : 20 Nov 2012 09:51:55 PM IST File photo of Tata group chief Ratan Tata.
Tata group chief Ratan Tata on Tuesday stepped down as Chairman of Tata Global Beverages with immediate effect, making way for successor Cyrus Mistry, who as also been inducted into the board of Indian Hotels Company.
In two separate filings to the BSE, the two firms said the respective meetings of the Board of Directors decided the changes as per Tata's retirement plans in December 2012.
"Effective November 20, 2012, Ratan N Tata has stepped down as Chairman of Tata Global Beverages Ltd and Cyrus P Mistry has been appointed Chairman," the company said.
Tata, however, will continue as one of the directors on the Board of Tata Global Beverages till his retirement in December 2012, it added.
Mistry was inducted on the Board of Tata Global Beverages in June 2012.
In a separate filing, Indian Hotels Company said: "Mistry has been appointed as an Additional Director, designated as the Non-Executive Chairman of the company."
IHCL and its subsidiaries are collectively known as Taj Hotels Resorts and Palaces.
On Tata's retirement in December, 2012, Mistry will take the charge of IHCL, whose "unsolicited" USD 1.86 billion buyout offer for luxury hotels chain Orient Express was recently rejected by the New York Stock Exchange-listed firm.
This was the second takeover attempt by Indian Hotels, which holds about 7 per cent in Orient Express.
Mistry has been a director of Tata Sons since 2006 and was appointed Deputy Chairman last November.
Earlier this month, he was appointed as the Deputy Chairman of Tata Steel and Tata Chemicals.
Tata Motors and Tata Consultancy Services had also inducted Mistry as Deputy Chairman.
Tata Global Beverages' shares today closed trading 2.96 per cent down at Rs 159.10 apiece on the BSE.
Shares of IHCL closed at Rs 59.90 per unit, down 2.28 per cent from its previous close.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
In an interim order, the Bombay High Court has restrained the city police from arresting o
- Listen romantic Holi songs
- Watch Sunny Leone, Poonam celebrating Holi
- PICS:Why Sofia wants to see Hrithik Roshan naked?
- Bollywood's Bold Babes
- Sonam Kapoor thanks fans for get well soon wishes
- Konkona plays pivotal role in film on Aarushi murder case
- Justin Bieber poses shirtless for magazine
- Watch Alia Bhatt's second home
The world's most complete specimen of a Stegosaurus dinosaur dating back to 150 million ye
Motorola will bring the second generation of its affordable smartphone 'Moto E' to India o