- Iulia Vantur celebrated birthday with Salman KhanICW 2016: Rohit Bal adds Russian touch to India fashionB-Town hails Salman's acquittal in poaching casesKangana turns Mughal empress for at the FDCI India Couture Week 2016Why not: Kangana on getting married more than once'Madaari': A heartbreaking wake-up callVijay Raaz did 'Mission Tiger' for freeYami Gautam flaunts bridal avatar at ICW 2016Did Sunny Leone actually sing the National Anthem incorrectly?Anamika's collection impresses fashionistas at ICW 2016
Wrestling Federation of India President Brij Bhusan Sharan Singh on Monday backed dope-tai
Ratan Tata steps down as Chairman of Tata Global Beverages Last Updated : 20 Nov 2012 09:51:55 PM IST File photo of Tata group chief Ratan Tata.
Tata group chief Ratan Tata on Tuesday stepped down as Chairman of Tata Global Beverages with immediate effect, making way for successor Cyrus Mistry, who as also been inducted into the board of Indian Hotels Company.
In two separate filings to the BSE, the two firms said the respective meetings of the Board of Directors decided the changes as per Tata's retirement plans in December 2012.
"Effective November 20, 2012, Ratan N Tata has stepped down as Chairman of Tata Global Beverages Ltd and Cyrus P Mistry has been appointed Chairman," the company said.
Tata, however, will continue as one of the directors on the Board of Tata Global Beverages till his retirement in December 2012, it added.
Mistry was inducted on the Board of Tata Global Beverages in June 2012.
In a separate filing, Indian Hotels Company said: "Mistry has been appointed as an Additional Director, designated as the Non-Executive Chairman of the company."
IHCL and its subsidiaries are collectively known as Taj Hotels Resorts and Palaces.
On Tata's retirement in December, 2012, Mistry will take the charge of IHCL, whose "unsolicited" USD 1.86 billion buyout offer for luxury hotels chain Orient Express was recently rejected by the New York Stock Exchange-listed firm.
This was the second takeover attempt by Indian Hotels, which holds about 7 per cent in Orient Express.
Mistry has been a director of Tata Sons since 2006 and was appointed Deputy Chairman last November.
Earlier this month, he was appointed as the Deputy Chairman of Tata Steel and Tata Chemicals.
Tata Motors and Tata Consultancy Services had also inducted Mistry as Deputy Chairman.
Tata Global Beverages' shares today closed trading 2.96 per cent down at Rs 159.10 apiece on the BSE.
Shares of IHCL closed at Rs 59.90 per unit, down 2.28 per cent from its previous close.
Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
It was always said that Deepika Padukone's ex and current boyfriend does not hit off well
- Rishi Kapoor respects Rajinikanth's humility
- Pakistan to ban Sunny Leone song?
- I don't copy anybody, says Varun
- Iulia Vantur celebrated birthday with Salman Khan
- SRK terms himself struggling writer, pens poem inspired from Zayn Malik
- Is Renuka Shahane not happy with Salman's acquittal?
- Sidharth excited for 'Kala chashma' song release
- B-Town hails Salman's acquittal in poaching cases
At 86, Dakshayani shows no signs of ageing and looks absolutely fit as she gets all set to
Domestic electronics company Micromax has announced a new laptop series Micromax Ignite an