- Ram Gopal Verma is happy that India lost the matchPICS:Modi, Satyarthi in greatest leaders list of FortuneTwitterati targets Anushka over Virat\'s poor showBajaj launches Pulsar RS 200Goa village bans kissing in publicWhy Ranbir Kapoor's father feels guilty?Was BCCI right in banning WAGS from meeting their spouses?Is Anushka the real reason for India losing the semi finals?Priyanka congratulates her 'Rival' Kangana!Navratra day7: How to pray for Goddess Kalratri
Top-seeded Indian Grandmaster Koneru Humpy scored a fine positional victory overTingjei Le
Ratan Tata steps down as Chairman of Tata Global Beverages Last Updated : 20 Nov 2012 09:51:55 PM IST File photo of Tata group chief Ratan Tata.
Tata group chief Ratan Tata on Tuesday stepped down as Chairman of Tata Global Beverages with immediate effect, making way for successor Cyrus Mistry, who as also been inducted into the board of Indian Hotels Company.
In two separate filings to the BSE, the two firms said the respective meetings of the Board of Directors decided the changes as per Tata's retirement plans in December 2012.
"Effective November 20, 2012, Ratan N Tata has stepped down as Chairman of Tata Global Beverages Ltd and Cyrus P Mistry has been appointed Chairman," the company said.
Tata, however, will continue as one of the directors on the Board of Tata Global Beverages till his retirement in December 2012, it added.
Mistry was inducted on the Board of Tata Global Beverages in June 2012.
In a separate filing, Indian Hotels Company said: "Mistry has been appointed as an Additional Director, designated as the Non-Executive Chairman of the company."
IHCL and its subsidiaries are collectively known as Taj Hotels Resorts and Palaces.
On Tata's retirement in December, 2012, Mistry will take the charge of IHCL, whose "unsolicited" USD 1.86 billion buyout offer for luxury hotels chain Orient Express was recently rejected by the New York Stock Exchange-listed firm.
This was the second takeover attempt by Indian Hotels, which holds about 7 per cent in Orient Express.
Mistry has been a director of Tata Sons since 2006 and was appointed Deputy Chairman last November.
Earlier this month, he was appointed as the Deputy Chairman of Tata Steel and Tata Chemicals.
Tata Motors and Tata Consultancy Services had also inducted Mistry as Deputy Chairman.
Tata Global Beverages' shares today closed trading 2.96 per cent down at Rs 159.10 apiece on the BSE.
Shares of IHCL closed at Rs 59.90 per unit, down 2.28 per cent from its previous close.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
They are no more a couple but once upon a time Deepika Padukone and Ranbir Kapoor were muc
- OMG! Shahid is marrying this year
- PICS:Ram Gopal Verma is happy that India lost the match
- Kim adopts new look
- Why Ranbir Kapoor's father feels guilty?
- Priyanka congratulates her 'Rival' Kangana!
- Are Sara Khan and Pratyusha Banerjee lesbians?
- Pics: seven hot kisses of Ranbir-Anushka in Bombay Velvet
- PICS:Nargis Fakhri looks Stunning in AsiaSpa cover
A video of a girl getting ready to have a bath is going viral on the internet.
Huawei's smartphone e-brand for digital natives, announced the first flash sale of its fla