- Chicken tikka masala loses charm!MMS of Shah Rukh Khan's son's lookalike going viral?OMG! Kangana spotted with a red mark below her neckRevenge time in Bigg Boss 8Manyata arranges Mata Ki Chowki without Sanjay DuttKhoobsurat actor Fawad Khan will kiss in his next Bollywood movie?Sunny Leone is the Jane of \'Tarzan\'Shah Rukh proves he has real abs, not fakeOMG! Hottie Shruti Haasan wants a child before marriageGauri Khan and Suzanne Khan are close buddy, know why
Distraught after losing her controversial semifinal bout, Indian boxer L Sarita Devi on We
Mumbai records maximum growth in retail rent globally Last Updated : 19 Nov 2012 05:11:30 PM IST File Photo
Mumbai has witnessed the highest growth in retail rentals globally with city's Colaba Causeway recording 75 per cent jump in rents over the last year, according to the report by property consultant Cushman & Wakefield.
Kolkata's Park Street and Chennai's Khader Niwaz Khan Road were at 5th and 10th positions, respectively, in the list of 'Top 10 - Global Highest Retail Rental Growth Markets 2012', C&W said in its report 'Main Streets Across the World'.
Khan Market in the national capital retained its position as the most expensive retail destination in India but globally its ranking dropped to 26th from 21st due to the weakening of the Indian rupee against US dollar, the report said.
"Mumbai witnessed the highest rental growth globally. Colaba Causeway in Mumbai recorded a rental increase of 75 per cent over last year, on the back of strong retailer demand and continuous preference for prime high street properties in the city," C&W said in a statement.
Colaba Causeway had a monthly rent of Rs 700/sq ft as on June 2012, up by 75 per cent from June 2011, the report said.
Kolkata's Park Street stood at fifth position with 53.8 per cent rise in rentals, while Chennai's 'Khader Niwaz Khan Road' ranked 10th with 36.7 per cent jump in rents.
Garcia d'avila (ipanema) in Rio De Janeiro (Brazil) and Times Square in New York (US) were at second and third positions with rental growth of 64.7 per cent and 55.6 per cent, respectively.
Commenting on the report, C&W Director (Retail Services) Jaideep Wahi said that traditional high streets across India have been witnessing renewed interest from retailers thereby keeping rental values high in these locations.
"The possibility of a boom in global retailers in India, existing global brands have been showing urgency to occupy prime retailing locations. Thus prime retailing locations of Mumbai, Kolkata and Chennai have recorded high growth in rental values in the last year," Wahi added.
Meanwhile, in the list of the world's ten most expensive retail locations in 2012, Causeway Bay in Hong Kong (China), Fifth Avenue in New York (US) and Avenue des Champs-?lys?es in Paris (France) were at the top three positions, respectively.
Hong Kong's Causeway Bay overtook New York's 5th Avenue as the most expensive retail location in the world. Paris gained two positions to settle at 3rd position.
"Khan Market in New Delhi emerged as the 26th most expensive in the world, retaining its position as most expensive retail location in India. India however, dropped in the global ranking from 21st to 26th position due to the weakening of the Indian Rupee against US Dollar," C&W said.
Khan Market recorded the highest rental values for the year in India at about Rs 1,225 per sq ft a month, a marginal
increase of two per cent over the previous year.
"This main-street (Khan Market) has always been India's most prime retail location, due to the advantage of being situated in the midst of the premium most residential boulevard of the capital city," the consultant observed.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
An MMS of SRK's son's lookalike is going viral with his friend?
- OMG! SRK’s son Aryan’s lookalike's MMS goes viral on WhatsApp
- OMG! Kangana spotted with a red mark below her neck
- This is what Katrina said about Kareena Kapoor
- Revenge time in Bigg Boss 8
- Manyata arranges Mata Ki Chowki without Sanjay Dutt
- Who is hotter, Katrina in 'Bang Bang' or Deepika Padukone in 'Happy New Year'
- Khoobsurat actor Fawad Khan will kiss in his next Bollywood movie?
- Sunny Leone is the Jane of 'Tarzan'
A class 12th student, identified as Maqsood, was mauled by a white tiger at Delhi Zoo on T
BlackBerry on Monday launched its new smartphone BalckBerry Passport for Rs 49, 990 in Ind