- Pics: B-Town celebrates P.V. Sindhu's Olympic win'Happy Bhag Jayegi': A light-hearted, feel-good filmCelebrities hail Sakshi Malik's Olympic winPink is not a film about rape, says Amitabh BachchanOn Rakhi, TV actors recount memories with 'partners in crime'B-Town celebs wish Navroz Mubarak to ParsisBritish-era bunker unearthed in Raj BhavanLeaked: Sex Scenes from award winning film 'Parched'Entertainment Being an actress, I can be anybody: Priyanka ChopraCheck out Salman's 'Tubelight' first look
Montreal Canadiens forward Tomas Plekanec has been chosen captain of the Czech Republic’
China's economic slowdown has bottomed out: Economic Planner Last Updated : 10 Nov 2012 03:50:19 PM IST China's economic slowdown has bottomed out: Economic Planner
The slowdown witnessed in the Chinese economy for seven straight quarters has been halted and its economic growth would meet the 7.5 percent target set for this year, a top economic planner said on Saturday.
Painting a brighter picture for the Chinese economy amidst the country's leadership transition, Zhang Ping, head of the National Development and Reform Commission (NDRC) said GDP would exceed 7.5 set for this year.
This is despite the growth dipping to 7.4 percent in Q4,he said."We have full confidence in achieving the growth rate, as
the economy is showing more signs of stabilising," he said. Zhang was speaking on the sidelines on the third day of the week-long Communist Party Congress convened to select new set of leaders to replace President Hu Jintao, Premier Wen
Jiabao and others who are set to retire after a decade long stint in power.
The Chinese government had earlier scaled down its GDP growth target to 7.5 percent for 2012 following the slowdown.Zhang said it is necessary for China to maintain an appropriate pace of economic growth as it has the world highest population at 1.3 billion.
While keeping the macroeconomic policies stable, the Chinese government has launched pre-emptive fine-tuning of policies and adopted targeted measures to stabilise the economy, Zhang said.
Latest indicators on industrial output growth, retail sales and exports showed those measures have helped stabilise and improve the economy, state run Xinhua news agency quoted him to say.Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Karan Johar on Monday unveiled the first look poster of 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' and also reve
- Garner gets emotional during meeting with Affleck
- Dhanush to produce Rajinikanth's next
- New music single addresses homosexuality
- Sonakshi to act with family only with right script
- Remembering 'King Of Pop' on his 58th B'day
- Amy Jackson to sing in Punjabi, reveals Manj Musik
- Saif Ali Khan to be face of 'Supercars Megabuild'
- Kareena Kapoor Khan 'sexy' pregnancy photos
An Indonesian man is set to hold the title of world's oldest man at 145 years, authorities
Chinese internet and technology conglomerate LeEco on Monday announced some unique offers