- 'Dishoom': Stylised action and entertainmentMilind running barefoot from Ahmedabad to MumbaiFacts about Sanjay Dutt we bet you don't knowThousands pay tribute to Mahasweta DeviB-Town supports Dia's directorial debutPhilippines to host Miss Universe pageant in Jan 2017Streep in talks for 'Mary Poppins' sequelCheck Out 'Mohenjo Daro' new poster featuring HrithikHarbhajan Singh blessed with baby girlExcited, nervous about 'Raees': Mahira Khan
German No. 2 seed Angelique Kerber and Romanian No. 5 seed Simona Halep advanced to the se
China's economic slowdown has bottomed out: Economic Planner Last Updated : 10 Nov 2012 03:50:19 PM IST China's economic slowdown has bottomed out: Economic Planner
The slowdown witnessed in the Chinese economy for seven straight quarters has been halted and its economic growth would meet the 7.5 percent target set for this year, a top economic planner said on Saturday.
Painting a brighter picture for the Chinese economy amidst the country's leadership transition, Zhang Ping, head of the National Development and Reform Commission (NDRC) said GDP would exceed 7.5 set for this year.
This is despite the growth dipping to 7.4 percent in Q4,he said."We have full confidence in achieving the growth rate, as
the economy is showing more signs of stabilising," he said. Zhang was speaking on the sidelines on the third day of the week-long Communist Party Congress convened to select new set of leaders to replace President Hu Jintao, Premier Wen
Jiabao and others who are set to retire after a decade long stint in power.
The Chinese government had earlier scaled down its GDP growth target to 7.5 percent for 2012 following the slowdown.Zhang said it is necessary for China to maintain an appropriate pace of economic growth as it has the world highest population at 1.3 billion.
While keeping the macroeconomic policies stable, the Chinese government has launched pre-emptive fine-tuning of policies and adopted targeted measures to stabilise the economy, Zhang said.
Latest indicators on industrial output growth, retail sales and exports showed those measures have helped stabilise and improve the economy, state run Xinhua news agency quoted him to say.Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Set somewhere in the Middle East, "Dishoom" is a stylised yet typical buddy-cop film with
- Milind running barefoot from Ahmedabad to Mumbai
- Salman mourns Rajjat Barjatya's death
- Hope to dub in my voice for Malayalam debut: Priya Anand
- Varun Dhawan upset with 'Dishoom' ban in Pak
- Facts about Sanjay Dutt we bet you don't know
- 'Munnabhai 3' to release in 2018
- Rajshri CEO Rajjat Barjatya no more
- Movie Review: The BFG; Playfully spellbinding ***1/2
The lightning scar of Harry Potter is the most recognisable symbol of the character from t
Route Mobile Limited, a messaging and voice API company, on Thursday announced it has acqu