- 61st National film awardsKKR begin IPL 7 campaign with a win, view picsKate Upton won't go in for breast reductionWhat happened to the Aashiqui girl Anu Aggarwal?Virat\'s ways can make Anushka a jealous girlfriendVJ Rannvijay marries PriyankaSanju Baba caught off guard in leaked MMS clipAll set for fifth phase of pollsSee what Poonam Pandey lovesHrithik danced for 12-hours at strech
Iconic Indian cricketer Sachin Tendulkar after buying a ISL team is now set to own a tenn
Only 100 SMSes a day at low rates Last Updated : 05 Nov 2012 06:59:03 PM IST File photo.
To stop the menace of pesky messages, telecom regulator Trai on Monday said only 100 SMSes in a day per SIM card will be allowed at concessional rates.
For every SMS beyond the cap of 100 SMSes, a charge of minimum 50 paise will be applicable, the regulator said.
Subscribers have been facing the menace of receiving unsolicited promotional SMSes from unregistered tele-marketers who often take the advantage of concessional SMS offers by telecom operators.
Pesky messages: Only 100 SMSes a day at low rates
Telecom Minister Kapil Sibal had last week said he too was a victim of the unsolicited communications. "Every two minutes I get such SMS," he had said. Trai is taking up the issue of pesky calls and SMSes, he had added.
"To prevent unregistered telemarketers from misusing such SMS packs or tariff plans for sending bulk promotional SMS, a price restraint has been placed on sending of more than 100 SMSes per day per SIM at a concessional rate," Trai Principal Advisor (CA & IR) N Parameswaran told reporters here.
While the subscriber is free to send SMSes beyond this number, all such SMSes sent beyond 100 SMS per day per SIM shall be charged at a tariff of minimum 50 paise, he added.
"The changes effected by the regulations and the order have to be implemented within fifteen days," he said, adding that these measures are initial steps and more will follow.
Operators have also been asked to put in place a solution within three months, which will ensure that no commercial SMS are sent having same or similar characters from any source number.
"The solution will ensure that not more than 200 SMS with such similar 'signature' are sent in an hour," he said.
However, registered telemarketers, transactional message sending entities and telephone numbers exempted by Trai are excluded from this provision, Parameswaran added.
Bollywood actress Kangana Ranaut along with designer Gavin Miguel walks on the ramp during the display of Gavin Miguel creation at Blenders Pride Fashion show in Mumbai on Saturday night.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Actor, writer and child rights activist, Nandana Sen is well known for her role in Rani Mu
- Virat Kohli picks Anushka Sharma as his bride
- Leaked: Deleted sex scenes from movie Ragini MMS2
- Pics: Ankita Shorey flaunts side boob
- 61st National film awards
- Kate Upton won't go in for breast reduction
- What happened to the Aashiqui girl Anu Aggarwal?
- VJ Rannvijay marries Priyanka
- Sanju Baba caught off guard in leaked MMS clip
Social media is about nurturing connections but lately it has enabled internet users to pu
Taiwanese technology firm Asus has launched dual SIM tablet Fonepad 7 in India.