- Is SRK ready to take Hrithik head on?Salman-Anushka having fun on sets of SultanSushant confirms break-up with Ankita, calls it 'unfortunate'Cosmetics may not be safe during pregnancyInterview: Richa Chadha: Ambition still a negative word when applied to a womanSalman Khan praises sports-persons; compares them to superstarsFreida to promote women empowerment at CannesDaily yoga can help reduce multiple sclerosis symptomsRelease of SRK's 'Raees' pushed to next yearWear sunglasses to avoid eye damage
FC Goa team management has expressed "surprise and shock" at the Rs.11 crore fine and the
More reforms on way; no serious threat of downgrade: P Chidambaram Last Updated : 11 Oct 2012 04:23:10 PM IST File Photo
Promising more reforms initiatives in the next two years, finance minister P Chidambaram said that there was no serious threat of downgrade of the country's credit rating by Standard and Poor's.
"I don't think there is a serious threat of downgrade", he said when asked about his reaction to the recent threat of downgrade of India's credit rating to junk grade in 24 months by global agency S&P if more reforms measures were not implemented.
The minister, who was addressing a press conference on the sidelines of the IMF-World Bank annual meetings, said that there would be lot of action on the reforms front in the next 24 months, the timeline provided by the S&P.
The rating agency had in its report on Wedneday said that there was one-in-three likelihood of rating downgrade for India if "the country's economic growth prospects dim, its external position deteriorates, its potential climate worsens, or fiscal reforms slow".
The minister said, "(we will) convince them that India does not deserve a downgrade and in terms of growth and growth potential...India is way above most countries of the world".Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Director's Ribhu Dasgupta's thriller "TE3N" was earlier supposed to be shot in Goa, but w
- No, Shraddha Kapoor is not moving out of her parent's house
- Asha Bhosle impressed by Rahat Fateh Ali Khan
- Katrina Kaif back with Salman Khan
- Mika Singh gets bail in assault case
- Is SRK ready to take Hrithik head on?
- Zoya Akhtar is on social media: Karan Johar
- Salman-Anushka having fun on sets of Sultan
- Yash Chopra honoured by Swiss government
In a weird incident in Turkey, a 34-year man was beaten black and blue for doing a lewd ac
Sony India on Monday launched a new portable wireless speaker for music aficionados in Ind