- India celebrates Diwali with traditional fervourCamila Alves pressured husbandActress caught having sex in public placeRanveer Singh sizzles with Parineeti ChopraNissan rolls out premium EvaliaIndia\'s first seaplane serviceWhy did Kareena Kapoor refuse to work with Farhan Akhtar?Nayana arrested for blackmailing with sex tapeTop most Sexy South SirensIn pics: Upcoming movies of Bollywood superstar Salman Khan
Badminton world number one Lee Chong Wei recently failed a drug test, Malaysian media rep
More reforms on way; no serious threat of downgrade: P Chidambaram Last Updated : 11 Oct 2012 04:23:10 PM IST File Photo
Promising more reforms initiatives in the next two years, finance minister P Chidambaram said that there was no serious threat of downgrade of the country's credit rating by Standard and Poor's.
"I don't think there is a serious threat of downgrade", he said when asked about his reaction to the recent threat of downgrade of India's credit rating to junk grade in 24 months by global agency S&P if more reforms measures were not implemented.
The minister, who was addressing a press conference on the sidelines of the IMF-World Bank annual meetings, said that there would be lot of action on the reforms front in the next 24 months, the timeline provided by the S&P.
The rating agency had in its report on Wedneday said that there was one-in-three likelihood of rating downgrade for India if "the country's economic growth prospects dim, its external position deteriorates, its potential climate worsens, or fiscal reforms slow".
The minister said, "(we will) convince them that India does not deserve a downgrade and in terms of growth and growth potential...India is way above most countries of the world".
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Singer Taylor Swift says provision of constant security is important to her because she ha
- Scarlett named most fascinating people
- Camila Alves pressured husband
- Actress caught having sex in public place
- Ranveer Singh sizzles with Parineeti Chopra
- Like Tagore's 'Ektuku Choya Lage': Anup Jalota! Listen song
- Lady Gaga's 8,000 pounds Manchester shopping spree
- Jennifer Lopez buys USD 22m house
- Best friends Salman Khan, Aamir Khan will be seen together once again
In a spooky mix-up, a woman in the UK was horrified at receiving text messages from her de
Korean handset maker Samsung on Tuesday launched its most expensive device in the country