- Spring collection for KidsPICS: Koalas killed in Australia due to starvingMahendra Singh Dhoni\'s Wife Sakshi Tweets First Picture of Daughter ZivaShraddha Kapoor celebrates her birthday with Varun DhawanRenault to launch LodgyThis is why everyone calls Alia Bhatt a fool?Giorgio Armani hits back at MadonnaShahrukh in Delhi for FanOMG! Why was Ranbir on his knees proposing to Deepika?Taraporevala Aquarium in Mumbai reopens
Michael Phelps might return to the pool for this year's World Championships.
More reforms on way; no serious threat of downgrade: P Chidambaram Last Updated : 11 Oct 2012 04:23:10 PM IST File Photo
Promising more reforms initiatives in the next two years, finance minister P Chidambaram said that there was no serious threat of downgrade of the country's credit rating by Standard and Poor's.
"I don't think there is a serious threat of downgrade", he said when asked about his reaction to the recent threat of downgrade of India's credit rating to junk grade in 24 months by global agency S&P if more reforms measures were not implemented.
The minister, who was addressing a press conference on the sidelines of the IMF-World Bank annual meetings, said that there would be lot of action on the reforms front in the next 24 months, the timeline provided by the S&P.
The rating agency had in its report on Wedneday said that there was one-in-three likelihood of rating downgrade for India if "the country's economic growth prospects dim, its external position deteriorates, its potential climate worsens, or fiscal reforms slow".
The minister said, "(we will) convince them that India does not deserve a downgrade and in terms of growth and growth potential...India is way above most countries of the world".
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Indian cricket captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni is busy with the ICC Cricket World Cup while h
- Kardashian learns Piano from Oksana
- Reason behind the Divyanka-Sharad split
- Shraddha Kapoor celebrates her birthday with Varun Dhawan
- Shahrukh Khan Drapes a saree
- Bollywood criticises ban on beef in Maharashtra
- This is why everyone calls Alia Bhatt a fool?
- Giorgio Armani hits back at Madonna
- L Subramaniam, Roshan Kumari receive Hafiz Ali Khan Award
Elizabeth "Betty" McIntosh, an American spy girl who was stationed in India for a few yea
iPhone maker Apple has emerged as the largest 4G LTE device vendor in India.