- Aamir Khan\'s special for Sanjay DuttNathuram Godse should have killed Nehru, not GandhiThunderous response to Shah Rukh Khan\'s Happy New Year:Rs 44.97 crore on Day 1Amitabh\'s Jalsa turns star studded this DiwaliDeepika challenges Sunny Leone\'Diwali\' celebrations in picsSexy Mallika Sherawat celebrating birthdayRanveer hides his bald look under hat in partyTen reasons to watch \'Happy New Year\'Katie Holmes shares beauty tips
Provisionally suspended she might be but Indian boxer L Sarita Devi has not given up hop
More reforms on way; no serious threat of downgrade: P Chidambaram Last Updated : 11 Oct 2012 04:23:10 PM IST File Photo
Promising more reforms initiatives in the next two years, finance minister P Chidambaram said that there was no serious threat of downgrade of the country's credit rating by Standard and Poor's.
"I don't think there is a serious threat of downgrade", he said when asked about his reaction to the recent threat of downgrade of India's credit rating to junk grade in 24 months by global agency S&P if more reforms measures were not implemented.
The minister, who was addressing a press conference on the sidelines of the IMF-World Bank annual meetings, said that there would be lot of action on the reforms front in the next 24 months, the timeline provided by the S&P.
The rating agency had in its report on Wedneday said that there was one-in-three likelihood of rating downgrade for India if "the country's economic growth prospects dim, its external position deteriorates, its potential climate worsens, or fiscal reforms slow".
The minister said, "(we will) convince them that India does not deserve a downgrade and in terms of growth and growth potential...India is way above most countries of the world".
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Superstar Rajinikanth’s first look in upcoming flick ‘Lingaa’ is out now.
- We will never remake 'Awara': Randhir Kapoor
- Lindsay Lohan gets upset when asked about imprisonment
- Madonna's memorabilia collection to go on sale
- Aamir Khan's special for Sanjay Dutt
- Thunderous response to Shah Rukh Khan's Happy New Year:Rs 44.97 crore on Day 1
- Amitabh's Jalsa turns star studded this Diwali
- Deepika challenges Sunny Leone
- Major fire at Ekta Kapoor's Nixon studio
Country's first fish hospital to treat abnormalities and diseases in them is set to come u
Korean handset maker Samsung on Tuesday launched its most expensive device in the country