- Unknown facts about JayalaithaPM Modi beats Obama, Trumph, Hillary, ZukurbergNeed patient director: SRK on SalmanPink bags four awards at 23rd Star Screen Awards 2016Dear Zindagi crosses Rs 50 crore markPooja to revive dry ATMsHomestays, ropeway to change the face of Manipur tourismPics: Sonam, Aditya dazzle on Blenders Pride Fashion Tour runwayYuvraj-Hazel's Goa wedding and reception picsKahaani 2: Will break your heart, grip your senses
Indias Ruchita Vinerkar claimed bronze in the womens 10m Air Pistol, the last event of th
Nifty hits lower circuit due to technical glitches Last Updated : 05 Oct 2012 12:07:11 PM IST Nifty hits lower circuit
Soon after opening the 30-share Sensex touched fresh 15-month high but collapsed by 300 points in no time.
It was said that some technical glitches occurred due to heavy profit booking by too many traders at the same time.
The 50-share Nifty hit its lower circuit after it went down by over 900 points to a low of 4,888.
"The market at BSE is working fine and trading members are informed that there are no issues technical or otherwise at BSE," BSE said in a statement.
Rising for the fifth straight day, the 30-share Sensex touched fresh 15-month high after the government unleashed a second wave of reforms on Thursday deciding to open the pension sector to foreign investment and raising FDI cap in insurance.
The BSE benchmark index, which has gained over 488 points in the past four sessions, rose by 27.96 points, or 0.15 per cent, to 19,086.11 points.
The wide-based National Stock Exchange index Nifty, edged up by 5.35 points, or 0.09 per cent, to 5,793.05.
Brokers said continued by funds and retail investors after the government decided to open the pension sector to foreign investment and raising the FDI cap in insurance to 49 per cent from 26 per cent, undeterred by opposition to its decisions on FDI in retail and threats to block these legislations.
In Asian region, Japan's Nikkei was up by 0.42 per cent, while Hong Kong's Hang Seng gained 0.32 per cent in early trade today.
The US Dow Jones Industrial Average had ended 0.60 per cent higher in yesterday's trade.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
On the eve on her first birthday, Rani Mukerji, who tied the knot with long time beau Adit
- Did Rajinikanth turn down Aamir's offer?
- Reasons why you should not miss 'Befikre'
- Pics:Deepika Padukone named sexiest Asian woman
- Russell Crowe cleared in Azealia Banks case
- See what makes Dharmendra blush even at this age
- "Feeling much better now," tweets Dilip Kumar
- Raees trailer: Shah Rukh Khan like never before
- Rajinikanth, Suriya pay last respects to Cho Ramaswamy
Doctors in a UAE hospital are celebrating the successful delivery of its smallest patient,
Bharti Airtel on Thursday launched two new bundled packs for its prepaid customers wit