- Bollywood stars and their tattoosNimmi was afraid of kissing and intimate scenesBollywood celebrities' lunchboxForthcoming films of B\'Town divasIn Pics: Bollywood\'s top 10 boy toysMonkeys do mathsSecret marriages in BollywoodTiger Shroff and Kriti’s maiden lip-lock, view picsMeet hot IPL host Archana VijayaList of films based on Chetan Bhagat\'s books
With the World Cup just round the corner, Indian men's hockey team chief coach Terry Wals
Nifty hits lower circuit due to technical glitches Last Updated : 05 Oct 2012 12:07:11 PM IST Nifty hits lower circuit
Soon after opening the 30-share Sensex touched fresh 15-month high but collapsed by 300 points in no time.
It was said that some technical glitches occurred due to heavy profit booking by too many traders at the same time.
The 50-share Nifty hit its lower circuit after it went down by over 900 points to a low of 4,888.
"The market at BSE is working fine and trading members are informed that there are no issues technical or otherwise at BSE," BSE said in a statement.
Rising for the fifth straight day, the 30-share Sensex touched fresh 15-month high after the government unleashed a second wave of reforms on Thursday deciding to open the pension sector to foreign investment and raising FDI cap in insurance.
The BSE benchmark index, which has gained over 488 points in the past four sessions, rose by 27.96 points, or 0.15 per cent, to 19,086.11 points.
The wide-based National Stock Exchange index Nifty, edged up by 5.35 points, or 0.09 per cent, to 5,793.05.
Brokers said continued by funds and retail investors after the government decided to open the pension sector to foreign investment and raising the FDI cap in insurance to 49 per cent from 26 per cent, undeterred by opposition to its decisions on FDI in retail and threats to block these legislations.
In Asian region, Japan's Nikkei was up by 0.42 per cent, while Hong Kong's Hang Seng gained 0.32 per cent in early trade today.
The US Dow Jones Industrial Average had ended 0.60 per cent higher in yesterday's trade.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
After actress Rani Mukerji made an official announcement of her and filmmaker Aditya Chopr
- Bollywood stars and their tattoos
- Nimmi was afraid of kissing and intimate scenes
- Bollywood celebrities' lunchbox
- Forthcoming films of B'Town divas
- In Pics: Bollywood's top 10 boy toys
- Secret marriages in Bollywood
- Tiger Shroff and Kriti’s maiden lip-lock, view pics
- List of films based on Chetan Bhagat's books
Monkeys doing simple mathematics, that's quite funny.
Homegrown handset maker Micromax on Tuesday launched its new six-inch phablet 'Canvas Dood