- Pics: Salman Khan dances with ex girlfriend Katrina Kaif's sister IsabelIndia-Japan relations enter new eraVideo: Sonam Kapoor is scorching hot in Vogue September issue 2014Birthday girl Padma Lakshmi’s hot picsSuperstars Akshay and Aamir have contrasting work ethicsNude pics of Jennifer Lawrence, Kim K, Kelly Brook, Kate Upton leakedPICS: Oldest woman loves chocolates, sleeps for days!Priyanka Chopra can pack a punchMeet Bhandarkar’s Calendar Girl AkankshaAishwarya without makeup
Real Sociedad produced a stunning fightback from 2-0 down to beat European champions Real
DGCA nod must for Kingfisher to resume operations: Ajit Singh Last Updated : 05 Oct 2012 12:37:16 PM IST Ailing Kingfisher extends partial lockout till October 12
As Kingfisher Airlines extended its partial lockout by a week till October 12, Civil Aviation Minister Ajit Singh on Friday said the debt-ridden company will have to satisfy airline regulator DGCA on safety before it gets permission to fly again.
"There are a lot of factors involved in it. That includes the salaries of the employees, their disgruntlement issues and others. If the employees are disgruntled there is an issue of safety.
"In order to give them permission to fly, they have to satisfy the DGCA on all these issues. The rest is if the law allows or...if we want to suspend their licence or revoke it,we have to see if the law permits," Singh told reporters.
Ailing Kingfisher Airlines extended its partial lockout by a week till October 12 as talks between its management and employees failed to break the deadlock over non-payment of salaries for the last seven months.
The beleaguered airline, meanwhile, got some reprieve as bankers agreed to release funds from escrow accounts, which is likely to release up to Rs 60 crore for the carrier.
In an apparent fallout of the worsening crisis in Vijay Mallya-owned private carrier, the wife of one of its Delhi-based employees allegedly committing suicide, blaming financial stress due to non-payment of salary to her husband for five months.
The airline also announced in the National Stock Exchange that its Company Secretary Bharath Raghavan has quit the company.
Regretting that the "illegal strike" by a section of the airline employees has still not been withdrawn and normalcy yet to be restored, a late night statement by Kingfisher said it is constrained to extend the partial lock-out upto October 12. The partial lock-out commenced on Monday evening.
About 100 Kingfisher employees, including engineers and pilots, took out a candle light march from domestic airport in Mumbai to Kingfisher house to mourn the death of Susmita, the wife of Manas Chakarvarti, a technician with the airline.
Kingfisher Airline CEO Sanjay Agarwal and Executive Vice President Hitesh Patel met Delhi-based staff, including engineers and pilots, to convince them to rejoin duty.
Sources said the management offered the March salary to the employees and promised to pay the remaining six months salary once the airline is recapitalised. This offer was rejected by the employees for the second time in two days.Kingfisher stocks tumbled by about five per cent, falling for the fourth straight day. The script tanked 4.79 per cent to hit the lower circuit limit of Rs.13.90 on BSE.
Civil Aviation Minister Ajit Singh expressed doubts whether the carrier, facing a partial lockout, will resume its operations soon.
He said the airline should be in a position to get its planes certified and satisfy the DGCA that the schedule which they have given is maintained.
Concerned over the worsening crisis, Kingfisher's lenders held an emergency meeting in Mumbai to discuss the evolving situation.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Salman Khan has gone out of his way to promote former girlfriend Katrina Kaif's sister Isa
- Motion poster of Rajinikanth starrer Lingaa revealed
- Video: Sonam Kapoor is scorching hot in Vogue September issue 2014
- Amitabh Bachchan hits 10-million milestone on Twitter
- Birthday girl Padma Lakshmi’s hot pics
- Superstars Akshay and Aamir have contrasting work ethics
- Nude pics of Jennifer Lawrence, Kim K, Kelly Brook, Kate Upton leaked
- Priyanka Chopra can pack a punch
- Meet Bhandarkar’s Calendar Girl Akanksha
Oldest human on earth, a Mexican woman, celebrated her 127th birthday on Sunday.
With rumors of an imminent launch early next month, let's show you how the iPhone 6 will l