- Unknown facts about JayalaithaPM Modi beats Obama, Trumph, Hillary, ZukurbergNeed patient director: SRK on SalmanPink bags four awards at 23rd Star Screen Awards 2016Dear Zindagi crosses Rs 50 crore markPooja to revive dry ATMsHomestays, ropeway to change the face of Manipur tourismPics: Sonam, Aditya dazzle on Blenders Pride Fashion Tour runwayYuvraj-Hazel's Goa wedding and reception picsKahaani 2: Will break your heart, grip your senses
Indias Ruchita Vinerkar claimed bronze in the womens 10m Air Pistol, the last event of th
Indian top cities to see office space oversupply Last Updated : 04 Oct 2012 07:52:43 PM IST File photo related to office space.
Top eight cities of the country would witness an excess supply of office space to the tune of 21 per cent over the next five years, according to a projection by global realty consultant Cushman & Wakefield.
The consultant has estimated commercial office space demand of over 180 million square feet in the next five years (2012?16) in the top 8 cities of the country, while it has projected supply at 219.6 million sq ft.
Mumbai would witness "highest demand and supply over the next five years", C&W said in a statement.
Besides Mumbai, the other seven cities are NCR (including Delhi, Gurgaon and Noida), Bangalore, Chennai, Pune, Hyderabad, Kolkata and Ahmedabad.
"Based on expected recovery of the economy, partly due to global recovery, but largely due to the positive signals being sent out by the government to promote business investments, office space demand is expected to witness a positive growth of 10 per cent in 2013 and 20 per cent in 2014," C&W Executive Managing Director (South Asia) Sanjay Dutt said.
Mumbai would witness a demand of 44 million sq ft against a supply of 52 million sq ft, but demand and supply of office space in Bangalore has been pegged at 31 million sq ft each.
NCR would have an oversupply of 44 million sq ft against a demand of 28 million sq ft. In Hyderabad, the office supply is expected at 26 million sq ft against demand of 23 million sq ft.
The demand-supply scenario in Chennai and Pune would be almost matching. In Chennai, supply and demand are expected at 23 million sq ft and 22 million sq ft, respectively while in Pune, supply would exceed demand by one million sq ft at 16 million sq ft.
Supply and demand in Kolkatta are pegged at 14 million sq ft and 9 million sq ft, respectively. In Ahmedabad, the consultant has projected supply at 13 million sq ft and demand at 8 million sq ft.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
On the eve on her first birthday, Rani Mukerji, who tied the knot with long time beau Adit
- Did Rajinikanth turn down Aamir's offer?
- Reasons why you should not miss 'Befikre'
- Pics:Deepika Padukone named sexiest Asian woman
- Russell Crowe cleared in Azealia Banks case
- See what makes Dharmendra blush even at this age
- "Feeling much better now," tweets Dilip Kumar
- Raees trailer: Shah Rukh Khan like never before
- Rajinikanth, Suriya pay last respects to Cho Ramaswamy
Doctors in a UAE hospital are celebrating the successful delivery of its smallest patient,
Bharti Airtel on Thursday launched two new bundled packs for its prepaid customers wit