- Dhanteras celebrated ahead of DiwaliSunny Leone\'s Pink Lips song crosses 10 million hits on YouTubeImages: Meet Navjot Singh Sidhu\'s glamorous daughter Rabia SidhuBigg Boss: Sonali, Gautam get cozy in bed, view picsAbhishek Bachchan\'s big brother is SRKRange Rover factory in China inauguratedRemedy on Dhanteras to become richRekha's vanity van tantrumsPICS: Celebrate eco-friendly DiwaliAamir, Ekta Kapoor to host Diwali card party
India's chief hockey coach Terry Walsh sprang a surprise by resigning from his post beca
Indian top cities to see office space oversupply Last Updated : 04 Oct 2012 07:52:43 PM IST File photo related to office space.
Top eight cities of the country would witness an excess supply of office space to the tune of 21 per cent over the next five years, according to a projection by global realty consultant Cushman & Wakefield.
The consultant has estimated commercial office space demand of over 180 million square feet in the next five years (2012?16) in the top 8 cities of the country, while it has projected supply at 219.6 million sq ft.
Mumbai would witness "highest demand and supply over the next five years", C&W said in a statement.
Besides Mumbai, the other seven cities are NCR (including Delhi, Gurgaon and Noida), Bangalore, Chennai, Pune, Hyderabad, Kolkata and Ahmedabad.
"Based on expected recovery of the economy, partly due to global recovery, but largely due to the positive signals being sent out by the government to promote business investments, office space demand is expected to witness a positive growth of 10 per cent in 2013 and 20 per cent in 2014," C&W Executive Managing Director (South Asia) Sanjay Dutt said.
Mumbai would witness a demand of 44 million sq ft against a supply of 52 million sq ft, but demand and supply of office space in Bangalore has been pegged at 31 million sq ft each.
NCR would have an oversupply of 44 million sq ft against a demand of 28 million sq ft. In Hyderabad, the office supply is expected at 26 million sq ft against demand of 23 million sq ft.
The demand-supply scenario in Chennai and Pune would be almost matching. In Chennai, supply and demand are expected at 23 million sq ft and 22 million sq ft, respectively while in Pune, supply would exceed demand by one million sq ft at 16 million sq ft.
Supply and demand in Kolkatta are pegged at 14 million sq ft and 9 million sq ft, respectively. In Ahmedabad, the consultant has projected supply at 13 million sq ft and demand at 8 million sq ft.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Because of her illness, the actress had to call off a promotional appearance for season tw
- Sunny Leone's Pink Lips song crosses 10 million hits on YouTube
- Images: Meet Navjot Singh Sidhu's glamorous daughter Rabia Sidhu
- Toni Garrn enjoys Tennis with Leonardo
- Bigg Boss: Sonali, Gautam get cozy in bed, view pics
- Priyanka gives up Diwali celebrations
- Abhishek Bachchan's big brother is SRK
- When Randeep Hooda, Nandana Sen go nude for Kahe Sataye song from Rang Rasiya: Watch
- Kareena flaunts cleavage at IIFA 2014, view pic
In a spooky mix-up, a woman in the UK was horrified at receiving text messages from her de
Korean handset maker Samsung on Tuesday launched its most expensive device in the country