- Jacqueline turns showstopper for Rajesh SinghJhanvi-Sara might star with Tiger in SOTY 2Review: Mechanic ResurrectionOMG!!! Ranbir is mocking Katrina's text messages???Shahid-Mira to announce good news soon'A Flying Jatt' movie reviewShraddha, Sushant walks for at Malhotra at LFWBhavna Bhavnani abuses Salman Khan to sell her bookDeepika Padukone among worl'd richest actresses nowSakshi Malik will be Beti Bachao Beti Padhao brand ambassador in Haryana
Rio De Janeiro authorities will distribute free tickets for next month's Paralympic Games
Indian top cities to see office space oversupply Last Updated : 04 Oct 2012 07:52:43 PM IST File photo related to office space.
Top eight cities of the country would witness an excess supply of office space to the tune of 21 per cent over the next five years, according to a projection by global realty consultant Cushman & Wakefield.
The consultant has estimated commercial office space demand of over 180 million square feet in the next five years (2012?16) in the top 8 cities of the country, while it has projected supply at 219.6 million sq ft.
Mumbai would witness "highest demand and supply over the next five years", C&W said in a statement.
Besides Mumbai, the other seven cities are NCR (including Delhi, Gurgaon and Noida), Bangalore, Chennai, Pune, Hyderabad, Kolkata and Ahmedabad.
"Based on expected recovery of the economy, partly due to global recovery, but largely due to the positive signals being sent out by the government to promote business investments, office space demand is expected to witness a positive growth of 10 per cent in 2013 and 20 per cent in 2014," C&W Executive Managing Director (South Asia) Sanjay Dutt said.
Mumbai would witness a demand of 44 million sq ft against a supply of 52 million sq ft, but demand and supply of office space in Bangalore has been pegged at 31 million sq ft each.
NCR would have an oversupply of 44 million sq ft against a demand of 28 million sq ft. In Hyderabad, the office supply is expected at 26 million sq ft against demand of 23 million sq ft.
The demand-supply scenario in Chennai and Pune would be almost matching. In Chennai, supply and demand are expected at 23 million sq ft and 22 million sq ft, respectively while in Pune, supply would exceed demand by one million sq ft at 16 million sq ft.
Supply and demand in Kolkatta are pegged at 14 million sq ft and 9 million sq ft, respectively. In Ahmedabad, the consultant has projected supply at 13 million sq ft and demand at 8 million sq ft.
Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Day Three at the Lakme Fashion Week (LFW) Winter/Festive 2016, ended with a collection pre
- Jhanvi-Sara might star with Tiger in SOTY 2
- Wishes pour in for Shahid and Mira
- Amitabh is an intelligent actor: Shoojit Sircar
- It's a girl for Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput
- Review: Mechanic Resurrection
- OMG!!! Ranbir is mocking Katrina's text messages???
- Palak Muchhal in tears while recording song for 'Naamkarann'
- Would love to go out-of-the-box, says Abhay Deol
The world's largest natural pearl will be put on display in the Philippines soon, after th
South Korean electronics conglomerate LG on Friday launched a new X Cam smartphone in Indi
- Jio does Apple, people throng Reliance Stores for free 4G test SIM
- Microsoft acquires Genee to accelerate intelligent experiences in Office 365
- Gionee launches selfie-focussed smartphone in India
- Microsoft's OneNote tool now available for Mac
- Huawei P9 with dual-lens camera launched in India at Rs 39,999