- Emraan gifts 'Azhar' first look to Azharuddin on b'dayKatrina offers prayers at Ajmer dargahVarun Dhawan in Sushant-Kriti starrerWatch Out: Salman Khan sans moustache in 'Sultan'Chocolate Day Wallpapers and Facebook imagesPics: Akshay Kumar's sister Alka gets marriedTips for the perfect V-Day dateFirst Look of erotic sex thriller 'Single X'Tamannaah nervous to romance with PrabhuPropose Day Wallpapers and Facebook images
Star player Joshna Chinappa clinched the gold in women's individual squash after beating M
Indian top cities to see office space oversupply Last Updated : 04 Oct 2012 07:52:43 PM IST File photo related to office space.
Top eight cities of the country would witness an excess supply of office space to the tune of 21 per cent over the next five years, according to a projection by global realty consultant Cushman & Wakefield.
The consultant has estimated commercial office space demand of over 180 million square feet in the next five years (2012?16) in the top 8 cities of the country, while it has projected supply at 219.6 million sq ft.
Mumbai would witness "highest demand and supply over the next five years", C&W said in a statement.
Besides Mumbai, the other seven cities are NCR (including Delhi, Gurgaon and Noida), Bangalore, Chennai, Pune, Hyderabad, Kolkata and Ahmedabad.
"Based on expected recovery of the economy, partly due to global recovery, but largely due to the positive signals being sent out by the government to promote business investments, office space demand is expected to witness a positive growth of 10 per cent in 2013 and 20 per cent in 2014," C&W Executive Managing Director (South Asia) Sanjay Dutt said.
Mumbai would witness a demand of 44 million sq ft against a supply of 52 million sq ft, but demand and supply of office space in Bangalore has been pegged at 31 million sq ft each.
NCR would have an oversupply of 44 million sq ft against a demand of 28 million sq ft. In Hyderabad, the office supply is expected at 26 million sq ft against demand of 23 million sq ft.
The demand-supply scenario in Chennai and Pune would be almost matching. In Chennai, supply and demand are expected at 23 million sq ft and 22 million sq ft, respectively while in Pune, supply would exceed demand by one million sq ft at 16 million sq ft.
Supply and demand in Kolkatta are pegged at 14 million sq ft and 9 million sq ft, respectively. In Ahmedabad, the consultant has projected supply at 13 million sq ft and demand at 8 million sq ft.
Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Here is the real reason why Virat Kohli and his girlfriend, Anushka Sharma have officially
- Shahid forced Karan Johar to do this for his ex Kareena Kapoor
- Emraan gifts 'Azhar' first look to Azharuddin on b'day
- Katrina offers prayers at Ajmer dargah
- Nawazuddin to star in Sohail Khan's next
- Varun Dhawan in Sushant-Kriti starrer
- Watch Out: Salman Khan sans moustache in 'Sultan'
- Pics: Akshay Kumar's sister Alka gets married
- First Look of erotic sex thriller 'Single X'
Kristina Pimenova,a 10-year-old Russian girl, has sparked controversy by landing a top mo
Taiwanese manufacturer HTC on Friday launched a new 4G-enabled smartphone, called the Desi