- When Salman, Iulia, Katrina were caught under one roofJ&K awaits another spell of rain, snowfallWhen Kangana felt like slapping Sugandha MishraWhat are attractive lips?'The Ghazi Attack': Submerged in mediocrityNeil-Rukmini wedding reception was a starry affairKangana wants to get married!'Rangoon' has my most heroic character: Shahid Kapoor'Running Shaadi': A frothy entertainer'Irada': Good intention poorly executed
Elite Kenyan runners competing at the Tokyo marathon on Sunday will be targeting two bir
Indian top cities to see office space oversupply Last Updated : 04 Oct 2012 07:52:43 PM IST File photo related to office space.
Top eight cities of the country would witness an excess supply of office space to the tune of 21 per cent over the next five years, according to a projection by global realty consultant Cushman & Wakefield.
The consultant has estimated commercial office space demand of over 180 million square feet in the next five years (2012?16) in the top 8 cities of the country, while it has projected supply at 219.6 million sq ft.
Mumbai would witness "highest demand and supply over the next five years", C&W said in a statement.
Besides Mumbai, the other seven cities are NCR (including Delhi, Gurgaon and Noida), Bangalore, Chennai, Pune, Hyderabad, Kolkata and Ahmedabad.
"Based on expected recovery of the economy, partly due to global recovery, but largely due to the positive signals being sent out by the government to promote business investments, office space demand is expected to witness a positive growth of 10 per cent in 2013 and 20 per cent in 2014," C&W Executive Managing Director (South Asia) Sanjay Dutt said.
Mumbai would witness a demand of 44 million sq ft against a supply of 52 million sq ft, but demand and supply of office space in Bangalore has been pegged at 31 million sq ft each.
NCR would have an oversupply of 44 million sq ft against a demand of 28 million sq ft. In Hyderabad, the office supply is expected at 26 million sq ft against demand of 23 million sq ft.
The demand-supply scenario in Chennai and Pune would be almost matching. In Chennai, supply and demand are expected at 23 million sq ft and 22 million sq ft, respectively while in Pune, supply would exceed demand by one million sq ft at 16 million sq ft.
Supply and demand in Kolkatta are pegged at 14 million sq ft and 9 million sq ft, respectively. In Ahmedabad, the consultant has projected supply at 13 million sq ft and demand at 8 million sq ft.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
The makers of the "Jolly LLB" franchise on Wednesday confirmed that there will be a third
- 'Lion' to be specially screened for underprivileged kids
- Sushant begins preparation for 'Chanda Mama Door Ke'
- Pics:Deepika's Hollywood debut mints over $300 mn worldwide
- We hardly celebrate good cinema in India: Tannishtha Chatterjee
- Madhavan releases 'Vikram Vedha' first poster
- Dhanush to reunite with 'Kodi' director
- 'Rangoon' role not based on anybody living or dead: Kangana
- 'Ghulaam' actor to be part of 'Nach Baliye 8'
It is not the brain that determines whether a person is a lefty or a righty, but the spina
Emphasising on building a gaming ecosystem in India, printing and personal computer major