- How to spend more time, less money during vacations!'Jack Reacher...': Tom Cruise's finest film in yearsIs it safe to eat chicken amidst this bird flu rumors?Arijit Singh re-dubs for song in 'Tum Bin 2'Movie Review: '31 October': Opens up wounds that never healedVarun Gandhi is a happily married man5 reasons why Shivaay will beat ADHMDiva's Karwa Chauth 2016Indian cricketers visit territorial army camp'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' experience recreated for fans
Russia will host the 2018 FIFA World Cup at the highest level, Vitaly Mutko, Deputy Prim
Indian top cities to see office space oversupply Last Updated : 04 Oct 2012 07:52:43 PM IST File photo related to office space.
Top eight cities of the country would witness an excess supply of office space to the tune of 21 per cent over the next five years, according to a projection by global realty consultant Cushman & Wakefield.
The consultant has estimated commercial office space demand of over 180 million square feet in the next five years (2012?16) in the top 8 cities of the country, while it has projected supply at 219.6 million sq ft.
Mumbai would witness "highest demand and supply over the next five years", C&W said in a statement.
Besides Mumbai, the other seven cities are NCR (including Delhi, Gurgaon and Noida), Bangalore, Chennai, Pune, Hyderabad, Kolkata and Ahmedabad.
"Based on expected recovery of the economy, partly due to global recovery, but largely due to the positive signals being sent out by the government to promote business investments, office space demand is expected to witness a positive growth of 10 per cent in 2013 and 20 per cent in 2014," C&W Executive Managing Director (South Asia) Sanjay Dutt said.
Mumbai would witness a demand of 44 million sq ft against a supply of 52 million sq ft, but demand and supply of office space in Bangalore has been pegged at 31 million sq ft each.
NCR would have an oversupply of 44 million sq ft against a demand of 28 million sq ft. In Hyderabad, the office supply is expected at 26 million sq ft against demand of 23 million sq ft.
The demand-supply scenario in Chennai and Pune would be almost matching. In Chennai, supply and demand are expected at 23 million sq ft and 22 million sq ft, respectively while in Pune, supply would exceed demand by one million sq ft at 16 million sq ft.
Supply and demand in Kolkatta are pegged at 14 million sq ft and 9 million sq ft, respectively. In Ahmedabad, the consultant has projected supply at 13 million sq ft and demand at 8 million sq ft.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Actress Aishwarya Rai Bachchan on Saturday said there is no skin show or liplocks in her u
- Producers 'thank' cinema owners for backing 'Ae Dil...' release
- MNS allows release of Karan Johar's 'Ae Dil...'
- 'My Father Iqbal': Does not rise to expectations
- Train To Busan movie review
- Akshay releases first look of 'Gold'
- Video: Parineeti rings in birthday with fans
- Know more about Parineeti Chopra
- Award-winning Swachh Bharat short films to be screened at IFFI
Bihar Deputy Chief Minister Tejaswi Yadav has received 44,000 marriage proposals on a What
When Google launched artificial intelligence (AI)-powered premium devices Pixel and Pixel