- Obama witnesses India\'s cultural heritage,Watch PhotosInside pictures of Soha Ali Khan- Kunal Khemu\'s weddingSoha Ali Khan, Kunal Khemu tie the knotMallika Sherawat to enter Bigg Boss Halla BolPatrick Stewart praises Jennifer LawrenceAamir Khan\'s \'PK\' to release in ChinaWatch PM Modi receiving the Obamas in DelhiAyushmann to act in Punjabi film?PICS: Soha Ali Khan\'s mehendi ceremonyMovie Review: Dolly Ki Doli
Saina Nehwal staged a scintillating comeback to defeat reigning world champion Carolina M
Indian top cities to see office space oversupply Last Updated : 04 Oct 2012 07:52:43 PM IST File photo related to office space.
Top eight cities of the country would witness an excess supply of office space to the tune of 21 per cent over the next five years, according to a projection by global realty consultant Cushman & Wakefield.
The consultant has estimated commercial office space demand of over 180 million square feet in the next five years (2012?16) in the top 8 cities of the country, while it has projected supply at 219.6 million sq ft.
Mumbai would witness "highest demand and supply over the next five years", C&W said in a statement.
Besides Mumbai, the other seven cities are NCR (including Delhi, Gurgaon and Noida), Bangalore, Chennai, Pune, Hyderabad, Kolkata and Ahmedabad.
"Based on expected recovery of the economy, partly due to global recovery, but largely due to the positive signals being sent out by the government to promote business investments, office space demand is expected to witness a positive growth of 10 per cent in 2013 and 20 per cent in 2014," C&W Executive Managing Director (South Asia) Sanjay Dutt said.
Mumbai would witness a demand of 44 million sq ft against a supply of 52 million sq ft, but demand and supply of office space in Bangalore has been pegged at 31 million sq ft each.
NCR would have an oversupply of 44 million sq ft against a demand of 28 million sq ft. In Hyderabad, the office supply is expected at 26 million sq ft against demand of 23 million sq ft.
The demand-supply scenario in Chennai and Pune would be almost matching. In Chennai, supply and demand are expected at 23 million sq ft and 22 million sq ft, respectively while in Pune, supply would exceed demand by one million sq ft at 16 million sq ft.
Supply and demand in Kolkatta are pegged at 14 million sq ft and 9 million sq ft, respectively. In Ahmedabad, the consultant has projected supply at 13 million sq ft and demand at 8 million sq ft.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
After a long gap Superstar Shah Rukh Khan returned to the small screen with his new show "
- Inside pictures of Soha Ali Khan- Kunal Khemu's wedding
- Overwhelmed by Padma Vibhushan: Big B
- Soha Ali Khan, Kunal Khemu tie the knot
- Mallika Sherawat to enter Bigg Boss Halla Bol
- Patrick Stewart praises Jennifer Lawrence
- Aamir Khan's 'PK' to release in China
- 'Superstars should do content-based cinema'
- Ayushmann to act in Punjabi film?
Dog is man's best friend, and we have wolves to thank for it!
Chinese handset maker Xiaomi will be launching its latest 4G device Mi4 in India on Jan 28