- No baby right now, says Bipasha BasuWhy is Ranveer, Deepika avoiding each otherArjun, Shraddha in 'Half Girlfriend' first posterChaitra Navratri: Goddess Shailputri worshiped on Day 1Video games may help combat depressionFIRST LOOK: Kirti Kulhari in 'Indu Sarkar'Taking time to have a personal life: Selena Gomez6 American Tv shows Indians love to watchGionee A1 smartphone: Delight for selfie-loversFeeling beautiful begins with feeling confident, says Deepika
Spain and Italy eased past their opponents to stay unbeaten in Group G of the 2018 footba
Indian top cities to see office space oversupply Last Updated : 04 Oct 2012 07:52:43 PM IST File photo related to office space.
Top eight cities of the country would witness an excess supply of office space to the tune of 21 per cent over the next five years, according to a projection by global realty consultant Cushman & Wakefield.
The consultant has estimated commercial office space demand of over 180 million square feet in the next five years (2012?16) in the top 8 cities of the country, while it has projected supply at 219.6 million sq ft.
Mumbai would witness "highest demand and supply over the next five years", C&W said in a statement.
Besides Mumbai, the other seven cities are NCR (including Delhi, Gurgaon and Noida), Bangalore, Chennai, Pune, Hyderabad, Kolkata and Ahmedabad.
"Based on expected recovery of the economy, partly due to global recovery, but largely due to the positive signals being sent out by the government to promote business investments, office space demand is expected to witness a positive growth of 10 per cent in 2013 and 20 per cent in 2014," C&W Executive Managing Director (South Asia) Sanjay Dutt said.
Mumbai would witness a demand of 44 million sq ft against a supply of 52 million sq ft, but demand and supply of office space in Bangalore has been pegged at 31 million sq ft each.
NCR would have an oversupply of 44 million sq ft against a demand of 28 million sq ft. In Hyderabad, the office supply is expected at 26 million sq ft against demand of 23 million sq ft.
The demand-supply scenario in Chennai and Pune would be almost matching. In Chennai, supply and demand are expected at 23 million sq ft and 22 million sq ft, respectively while in Pune, supply would exceed demand by one million sq ft at 16 million sq ft.
Supply and demand in Kolkatta are pegged at 14 million sq ft and 9 million sq ft, respectively. In Ahmedabad, the consultant has projected supply at 13 million sq ft and demand at 8 million sq ft.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Actress Bipasha Basu has denied all rumours about being pregnant and says curiosity about
- Why is Ranveer, Deepika avoiding each other
- Arjun, Shraddha in 'Half Girlfriend' first poster
- FIRST LOOK: Kirti Kulhari in 'Indu Sarkar'
- VIDEO: Huma Qureshi on 28-day detox
- NTR's leaked look from his next film goes viral
- Taking time to have a personal life: Selena Gomez
- 6 American Tv shows Indians love to watch
- Feeling beautiful begins with feeling confident, says Deepika
A group of birdwatchers spotted an Australian night parrot, once thought to be extinct, fo
At a time when margins are razor-thin in the fast-growing domestic smartphone market, any