- Cold continues in north IndiaApp for Surajkund Mela soonWhat is Shahid Kapoor hiding?Bollywood icons we lost in 2014, view picsPK is a wonderful piece of cinemaArpita-Ayush honeymoon picsWho looks prettiest in Big Star AwardTop 10 secrets of 'PK' movie revealedStanford University students meets SRKKate Upton named sexiest woman
Boxer Sarita Devi, who had refused to accept her Asian Games bronze medal, was on Wednesda
Indian top cities to see office space oversupply Last Updated : 04 Oct 2012 07:52:43 PM IST File photo related to office space.
Top eight cities of the country would witness an excess supply of office space to the tune of 21 per cent over the next five years, according to a projection by global realty consultant Cushman & Wakefield.
The consultant has estimated commercial office space demand of over 180 million square feet in the next five years (2012?16) in the top 8 cities of the country, while it has projected supply at 219.6 million sq ft.
Mumbai would witness "highest demand and supply over the next five years", C&W said in a statement.
Besides Mumbai, the other seven cities are NCR (including Delhi, Gurgaon and Noida), Bangalore, Chennai, Pune, Hyderabad, Kolkata and Ahmedabad.
"Based on expected recovery of the economy, partly due to global recovery, but largely due to the positive signals being sent out by the government to promote business investments, office space demand is expected to witness a positive growth of 10 per cent in 2013 and 20 per cent in 2014," C&W Executive Managing Director (South Asia) Sanjay Dutt said.
Mumbai would witness a demand of 44 million sq ft against a supply of 52 million sq ft, but demand and supply of office space in Bangalore has been pegged at 31 million sq ft each.
NCR would have an oversupply of 44 million sq ft against a demand of 28 million sq ft. In Hyderabad, the office supply is expected at 26 million sq ft against demand of 23 million sq ft.
The demand-supply scenario in Chennai and Pune would be almost matching. In Chennai, supply and demand are expected at 23 million sq ft and 22 million sq ft, respectively while in Pune, supply would exceed demand by one million sq ft at 16 million sq ft.
Supply and demand in Kolkatta are pegged at 14 million sq ft and 9 million sq ft, respectively. In Ahmedabad, the consultant has projected supply at 13 million sq ft and demand at 8 million sq ft.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Shahid Kapoor was recently spotted by the paparazzis with a friend but what looked unusual
- Bollywood icons we lost in 2014, view pics
- Ranbir Kapoor, Katrina Kaif in 'Jagga Jasoos'
- Video: When Rajkumar Hirani rejected Anushka Sharma
- PK is a wonderful piece of cinema
- Rajinikanth to be grandfather soon
- Arpita-Ayush honeymoon pics
- Who looks prettiest in Big Star Award
- Top 10 secrets of 'PK' movie revealed
Eight coffins from Qing Dynasty (1636-1912) imperial figures, including Emperor Qianlong
Homegrown handset maker Lava on Tuesday launched a new smartphone -- Iris Fuel 60 -- offer