- People stop taking calls if you deliver a flop: Abhishek BachchanChinkara poaching case: Salman thanks fans for prayers, supportAkshay had a ball shooting cameo for 'Dishoom'Iulia Vantur celebrated birthday with Salman KhanICW 2016: Rohit Bal adds Russian touch to India fashionB-Town hails Salman's acquittal in poaching casesKangana turns Mughal empress for at the FDCI India Couture Week 2016Why not: Kangana on getting married more than once'Madaari': A heartbreaking wake-up callVijay Raaz did 'Mission Tiger' for free
Sports Minister Vijay Goel said talented javelin thrower Neeraj Chopra, who recently scrip
- Narsingh doping: Banned substance can be detected months later
- Volleyball body gives green light to Russiaa Rio squad
- Coach Guardiola imposed strict diet: Man City defender Clichy
- Morales promises rewards for Bolivia's medallists in Rio
- Kerala HC asks AFI to include athlete Raghavan in Olympic squad
Indian top cities to see office space oversupply Last Updated : 04 Oct 2012 07:52:43 PM IST File photo related to office space.
Top eight cities of the country would witness an excess supply of office space to the tune of 21 per cent over the next five years, according to a projection by global realty consultant Cushman & Wakefield.
The consultant has estimated commercial office space demand of over 180 million square feet in the next five years (2012?16) in the top 8 cities of the country, while it has projected supply at 219.6 million sq ft.
Mumbai would witness "highest demand and supply over the next five years", C&W said in a statement.
Besides Mumbai, the other seven cities are NCR (including Delhi, Gurgaon and Noida), Bangalore, Chennai, Pune, Hyderabad, Kolkata and Ahmedabad.
"Based on expected recovery of the economy, partly due to global recovery, but largely due to the positive signals being sent out by the government to promote business investments, office space demand is expected to witness a positive growth of 10 per cent in 2013 and 20 per cent in 2014," C&W Executive Managing Director (South Asia) Sanjay Dutt said.
Mumbai would witness a demand of 44 million sq ft against a supply of 52 million sq ft, but demand and supply of office space in Bangalore has been pegged at 31 million sq ft each.
NCR would have an oversupply of 44 million sq ft against a demand of 28 million sq ft. In Hyderabad, the office supply is expected at 26 million sq ft against demand of 23 million sq ft.
The demand-supply scenario in Chennai and Pune would be almost matching. In Chennai, supply and demand are expected at 23 million sq ft and 22 million sq ft, respectively while in Pune, supply would exceed demand by one million sq ft at 16 million sq ft.
Supply and demand in Kolkatta are pegged at 14 million sq ft and 9 million sq ft, respectively. In Ahmedabad, the consultant has projected supply at 13 million sq ft and demand at 8 million sq ft.
Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Actress Vidya Balan loves traditional jewellery and says she used to wear jhumkas worth Rs
- We have forgotten about humanity: Priyanka Chopra
- 'Force 2' a very action heavy film: Tahir Raj Bhasin
- Vidya Balan used to wear jhumkas worth Rs 5
- Explorer Levison Wood's Himalayan journey to air in India
- People stop taking calls if you deliver a flop: Abhishek Bachchan
- Find Malayalam industry to be very progressive: Priya Anand
- Want to do hardcore love story: Raashi
- Watch: 'Kala Chashma' the party groover from 'Baar Baar Dekho'
An international team of scientists has identified a rare new species of beaked whale that
Domestic electronics company Micromax has announced a new laptop series Micromax Ignite an