- Katrina, Hrithik at song launch of \'Bang Bang\'Chitrangada Singh spends two hours at Salman Khan's house?View Images: Salman Khan turns DJ, plays In Da ClubWhat are Ranbir Kapoor, Jacqueline Fernandez doing together in Malaysia?Varun looks cool with MJ tattoo on handCatfights in BollywoodMeet ‘No Sex Please’ girl Disha PataniRaja Choudhary wants to marry Shweta againSensational Anushka at London Fashion weekKatrina upset with Hrithik
Ending the suspense over who would be the Indian contingent's flag bearer at 17th Asian
Indian top cities to see office space oversupply Last Updated : 04 Oct 2012 07:52:43 PM IST File photo related to office space.
Top eight cities of the country would witness an excess supply of office space to the tune of 21 per cent over the next five years, according to a projection by global realty consultant Cushman & Wakefield.
The consultant has estimated commercial office space demand of over 180 million square feet in the next five years (2012?16) in the top 8 cities of the country, while it has projected supply at 219.6 million sq ft.
Mumbai would witness "highest demand and supply over the next five years", C&W said in a statement.
Besides Mumbai, the other seven cities are NCR (including Delhi, Gurgaon and Noida), Bangalore, Chennai, Pune, Hyderabad, Kolkata and Ahmedabad.
"Based on expected recovery of the economy, partly due to global recovery, but largely due to the positive signals being sent out by the government to promote business investments, office space demand is expected to witness a positive growth of 10 per cent in 2013 and 20 per cent in 2014," C&W Executive Managing Director (South Asia) Sanjay Dutt said.
Mumbai would witness a demand of 44 million sq ft against a supply of 52 million sq ft, but demand and supply of office space in Bangalore has been pegged at 31 million sq ft each.
NCR would have an oversupply of 44 million sq ft against a demand of 28 million sq ft. In Hyderabad, the office supply is expected at 26 million sq ft against demand of 23 million sq ft.
The demand-supply scenario in Chennai and Pune would be almost matching. In Chennai, supply and demand are expected at 23 million sq ft and 22 million sq ft, respectively while in Pune, supply would exceed demand by one million sq ft at 16 million sq ft.
Supply and demand in Kolkatta are pegged at 14 million sq ft and 9 million sq ft, respectively. In Ahmedabad, the consultant has projected supply at 13 million sq ft and demand at 8 million sq ft.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Bollywood Actors Hrithik roshan and Katrina Kaif during the launch of song their upcoming
- Chitrangada Singh spends two hours at Salman Khan's house?
- View Images: Salman Khan turns DJ, plays In Da Club
- What are Ranbir Kapoor, Jacqueline Fernandez doing together in Malaysia?
- Varun looks cool with MJ tattoo on hand
- Ranveer, Govinda and Ali turn villain in 'Kill Dil'
- Catfights in Bollywood
- Meet ‘No Sex Please’ girl Disha Patani
- 'Bang Bang' is the easiest film of my career: Hrithik Roshan
Lord Hanuman has managed to get an Aadhaar card made, but there are no takers for it.
Feature phone maker Jivi has launched its first affordable smartphone. The handset is pr