- Shraddha ages in 'Haseena...'How to dress right for office in summerVIP voting in MCD polls amid EVM glitches'Half Girlfriend' to release across 1600 Indian screensPick banana, melon, cold milk to fight acidityPeople within showbiz don't judge women: Ruslaan Mumtaz'Noor': Says so much without seeming to say anythingReal reason why Abhi-Aish will not celebrate their anniversaryShah Rukh finds it tough to describe himselfDress up right this summer
Indian star Rohan Bopanna and his Uruguayan partner Pablo Cuevas defeated the Spanish team
Indian top cities to see office space oversupply Last Updated : 04 Oct 2012 07:52:43 PM IST File photo related to office space.
Top eight cities of the country would witness an excess supply of office space to the tune of 21 per cent over the next five years, according to a projection by global realty consultant Cushman & Wakefield.
The consultant has estimated commercial office space demand of over 180 million square feet in the next five years (2012?16) in the top 8 cities of the country, while it has projected supply at 219.6 million sq ft.
Mumbai would witness "highest demand and supply over the next five years", C&W said in a statement.
Besides Mumbai, the other seven cities are NCR (including Delhi, Gurgaon and Noida), Bangalore, Chennai, Pune, Hyderabad, Kolkata and Ahmedabad.
"Based on expected recovery of the economy, partly due to global recovery, but largely due to the positive signals being sent out by the government to promote business investments, office space demand is expected to witness a positive growth of 10 per cent in 2013 and 20 per cent in 2014," C&W Executive Managing Director (South Asia) Sanjay Dutt said.
Mumbai would witness a demand of 44 million sq ft against a supply of 52 million sq ft, but demand and supply of office space in Bangalore has been pegged at 31 million sq ft each.
NCR would have an oversupply of 44 million sq ft against a demand of 28 million sq ft. In Hyderabad, the office supply is expected at 26 million sq ft against demand of 23 million sq ft.
The demand-supply scenario in Chennai and Pune would be almost matching. In Chennai, supply and demand are expected at 23 million sq ft and 22 million sq ft, respectively while in Pune, supply would exceed demand by one million sq ft at 16 million sq ft.
Supply and demand in Kolkatta are pegged at 14 million sq ft and 9 million sq ft, respectively. In Ahmedabad, the consultant has projected supply at 13 million sq ft and demand at 8 million sq ft.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Actress Shraddha Kapoor has given a glimpse of her younger and older looks in the upcoming
- Stars wish Varun Dhawan on birthday
- Google honours Kannada superstar Rajkumar with doodle
- Sonakshi performing at Bieber's India gig not a good message: Kailash
- Big B reshoots for 'Sarkar 3'
- British fashion model Neelam Gill to accompany Justin Bieber for India gig
- Now censorship on television ?
- Auto driver's son gets Bieber's concert ticket for free
- Allu Arjun's DJ to release on June 23
A man in Pakistan's Punjab province has been surviving on leaves and wood for the last 25
Days after Samsung launched its flagship devices Galaxy S8 and S8+, its South Korean rival