- Again love overshadow marriage in Salman\'s lifeSunny Leone appears in bikini at 'Splitsvilla 8'Lovato blasts at bikini hatersLove is back in Salman's lifeLongoria wants to be female ClooneyShruthi Seth lands in controversyWhy is Bebo giving a miss to 'Bajrangi Bhaijan' promotions?Salman missing 'party days'Garam Dharam upset with mediaA walk in nature could battle depression
World and Olympic champions The Netherlands rallied to prevail 2-1 over Asian Games gold m
Sensex crosses 19,000-level on hopes of more reforms Last Updated : 04 Oct 2012 10:33:55 AM IST Sensex crosses 19,000-level on hopes of more reforms
The BSE benchmark Sensex surpassed 19,000 level in early trade on Thursday by rising over 200 points on sustained buying by participants as government is expected to announce further economic reforms.
Rising for the fourth session in a row, the 30-share barometer added 200.48 points, or 1.06 per cent, to trade at 19,070.17. The index has gained nearly 300 points in the previous three sessions.
The wide-based National Stock Exchange index Nifty, shot up by 60.35 points, or 1.05 per cent, to 5,791.60.Brokers said trading sentiment remained bullish on continued buying by funds and retail investors on expectations that the government will accelerate pace of economic reforms by raising FDI cap in insurance sector.
Besides, a firm trend in the Asian region also influenced sentiments, they said. In Asian region, Hong Kong's Hang Seng up by 0.21 per cent, while the Japan's Nikkei by 0.41 per cent in early trade today.
The US Dow Jones Industrial Average ended 0.09 per cent higher in yesterday's trade.
Rupee breaches 52-level; up 28 paise against dollar
The rupee rose above the Rs 52 level by gaining 28 paise to fresh five-and-half month high of 51.88 against the American currency in early trade on persistent dollar selling by exporters amid hopes of further reforms measures.
Dealers said sustained capital inflows and a higher opening in the equity market also supported the rupee.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Reality TV star Kim Kardashian has admitted she and rapper husband Kanye West are two very
- I get more respect when I colour my hair brown: Blake Lively
- Again love overshadow marriage in Salman's life
- Sunny Leone appears in bikini at 'Splitsvilla 8'
- Lovato blasts at bikini haters
- Love is back in Salman's life
- Longoria wants to be female Clooney
- Shruthi Seth lands in controversy
- Salman scoffs at legal notice
The state's Technical Education and Training Minister Ujjal Biswas said that the student s
Xiaomi the smartphone giant which offers great features at less prices has yet made anothe