- Why Shraddha uncomfortable in kissing Emraan HashmiLava from Hawaii\'s Kilauea Volcano advancing,evacuation to beginHow Aaradhya Bachchan celebrated Diwali with familyAnushka and Virat spotted together againAamir Khan\'s special for Sanjay DuttNathuram Godse should have killed Nehru, not GandhiThunderous response to Shah Rukh Khan\'s Happy New Year:Rs 44.97 crore on Day 1Amitabh\'s Jalsa turns star studded this DiwaliDeepika challenges Sunny Leone\'Diwali\' celebrations in pics
Provisionally suspended she might be but Indian boxer L Sarita Devi has not given up hop
Sensex crosses 19,000-level on hopes of more reforms Last Updated : 04 Oct 2012 10:33:55 AM IST Sensex crosses 19,000-level on hopes of more reforms
The BSE benchmark Sensex surpassed 19,000 level in early trade on Thursday by rising over 200 points on sustained buying by participants as government is expected to announce further economic reforms.
Rising for the fourth session in a row, the 30-share barometer added 200.48 points, or 1.06 per cent, to trade at 19,070.17. The index has gained nearly 300 points in the previous three sessions.
The wide-based National Stock Exchange index Nifty, shot up by 60.35 points, or 1.05 per cent, to 5,791.60.Brokers said trading sentiment remained bullish on continued buying by funds and retail investors on expectations that the government will accelerate pace of economic reforms by raising FDI cap in insurance sector.
Besides, a firm trend in the Asian region also influenced sentiments, they said. In Asian region, Hong Kong's Hang Seng up by 0.21 per cent, while the Japan's Nikkei by 0.41 per cent in early trade today.
The US Dow Jones Industrial Average ended 0.09 per cent higher in yesterday's trade.
Rupee breaches 52-level; up 28 paise against dollar
The rupee rose above the Rs 52 level by gaining 28 paise to fresh five-and-half month high of 51.88 against the American currency in early trade on persistent dollar selling by exporters amid hopes of further reforms measures.
Dealers said sustained capital inflows and a higher opening in the equity market also supported the rupee.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Bollywood actress Shraddha Kapoor is feeling uncomfortable shooting an item number for 'Un
- How Aaradhya Bachchan celebrated Diwali with family
- Sadashiv Amrapurkar critically ill
- Anushka and Virat spotted together again
- Katie Price wants to sell breast implants to fan
- Rajinikanth first look in ‘Lingaa’
- We will never remake 'Awara': Randhir Kapoor
- Lindsay Lohan gets upset when asked about imprisonment
- Madonna's memorabilia collection to go on sale
Country's first fish hospital to treat abnormalities and diseases in them is set to come u
Korean handset maker Samsung on Tuesday launched its most expensive device in the country