- See pic: Deepika tender moment with Pauline.Ways to keep your pet's safe this monsoonKartik Aaryan to surprise fans with diverse rolesKnow what Divyanka's ex-boyfriend Ssharad Malhotra said about her wedding6 Movies of Ranveer Singh which says he deserves the 'Best Actor' awardJennifer Winget and Fawad Khan to share big screenSid and Scrat surprised Arjun Kapoor on birthdayGo bold and beautiful with hairdos this monsoonPomp, splendour mark a royal wedding at MysuruIIFA 2016 leaves Madrid with Bollywood high
British tennis player Marcus Willis has described playing 17-time Grand Slam champion Roge
RBI launches website to explain detection of fake currency Last Updated : 08 Jul 2012 11:10:38 AM IST www.paisaboltahai.rbi.org.in -- gives visual presentation with pointers on currency notes
Seeking to spread awareness among public about fake notes, the Reserve Bank has launched a website explaining ways to detect counterfeit notes.
With a tagline 'Pehchano Paise Ki Boli, Kyunki Paisa Bolta Hai', the website -- www.paisaboltahai.rbi.org.in -- gives visual presentation with pointers on currency notes of 10, 20, 50, 100, 500 and 1,000 rupee denominations.
Consumers have the option to download posters of these currency notes, which can be used as reference to identify counterfeit notes. A documentary film on it can also be downloaded.
The link for this website is available on RBI's main website as well.
The site also gives details of the number of fake currency notes detected.
RBI said considering there were 64,577 million pieces of banknotes in circulation as on March 31, 2011, the detection of forged notes during 2010-11 was to the tune of 6.74 pieces per million pieces of banknotes in circulation.
In the past as well, the Reserve Bank has come out with various notifications warning against circulation of counterfeit currency notes.
Referring to the fake currency notes in circulation, RBI Governor D Subbarao said in Kozhikode on Friday that the government and police are taking several measures to deal with the menace.
He emphasised the need to educate people on ways to distinguish fake currency notes from the genuine ones.Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
AirAsia India, as the official airline partner for "Kabali", has unveiled its all new rebr
- Ileana D'Cruz holidaying with her boyfriend: View PICS
- Kapil's on-screen lover Sumona Chakravarti caught smoking
- Salman Khan possessive for his girlfriend Iulia Vantur
- Debina Bonnerjee to join 'The Kapil Sharma Show'
- TV good way to start as actor: Mohit Abrol
- After Sushant's stardom, Ankita Lokhande to make Bollywood debut
- I'm guarded about my personal life
- Sharmila Tagore, Deepa Mehta among Oscar Academy's new members
A man in the US has taken his love for smartness to a whole new level - by marrying it in
Creating a ripple in the flagship smartphone market, Reliance Retail on Monday unveiled th