- When eternal glamor queen Rekha posed naked and more...In Pics: Bollywood bombshells feature on magazine coversTen Boldest Bollywood moviesPlot leaked: Find out what Salman Khan\'s Kick is all aboutKatrina copies Deepika\'s bikiniWhat is Salman Khan's fee for Bigg Boss 8 and his conditionsEx lovers Ranbir-Deepika get cosy in \'Tamasha\'Shankaracharya in trouble for his remarks against Sai BabaDelhi Zoo soon to give more to animalsThese B-Wood daughters will not make a debut
India will be expecting a lion's share of medals from shooters, boxers, wrestlers and shu
Big hopes from Auto Show 2014 in Greater Noida Last Updated : 30 Jan 2014 06:20:43 PM IST Indian auto industry, adversely affected by economic slowdown, likely to get a boost from Auto Show 2014 in Greater Noida. (File Photo)
The Delhi Auto Show, beginning next week, is likely to be a big crowd puller.
Experts say that amid economic slowdown the Auto Expo is likely to boost the industry which is passing through a bad phase.
The Auto Expo begins next week with the industry hoping for a reignition of demand through the show which will see 70 new unveilings.
Unlike in the past, the 12th edition of Auto Expo will be split into two due to space constraints, with the motor show being held at Greater Noida and auto components exhibition at the traditional venue of Pragati Maidan during February 5-11.
"There is pent-up demand, but consumers are delaying purchases because of factors like lesser income, high interest rates and inflation. We are hoping that this Auto Expo will draw them out to trigger demand, although the revival in the automobile market is unlikely unless there is a revival of economic growth," SIAM President Vikram Kirloskar told reporters in Delhi on Thursday, Jan 30.
During the expo, co-organised by the Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM), the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) and the Automotive Component Manufacturers Association of India (ACMA), there will be 70 new unveilings. Of these, 26 will be global models.
"Moreover, 15 global cars will be unveiled during the show...," Kirloskar said.
Slowdown in Auto Sector
The Indian auto industry has been reeling under a prolonged slowdown, with annual car sales having declined for the first time in 11 years in 2013, posting a 9.59 per cent dip.
Lakhs of visitors expected
SIAM Director General Vishnu Mathur said a total of about 5.40 lakh people were expected to visit. At the last expo in 2012, an estimated 7 lakh people had visited the expo.
"We expect around one lakh footfalls per day on the public days between February 7-11 at Greater Noida for the motor show. At the component show at Pragati Maidan, we expect 10,000 people per day," Mathur said.
When asked about the number of exhibitors during the event, Kirloskar said: "This time around, we have 55 exhibitors at Greater Noida in comparison to 45 in the last edition of the Expo."
However, the number of exhibitors at the component show, which will be held between February 6-11, is less at 1,100 from 1,500 in the last exhibition.
Cost of Ticket
The ticket prices for general public have been kept the same as last time at Rs 200 and Rs 500, Mathur said.
The Grater Noida venue will have a gross exhibition area of 60,000 sq mts, while the Pragati Maidan will have a total gross area of 5,000 sq mts.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
From the most scandalous controversies to nude pictures, the eternal glamor queen of Bolly
- In Pics: Bollywood bombshells feature on magazine covers
- Ten Boldest Bollywood movies
- Plot leaked: Find out what Salman Khan's Kick is all about
- Katrina copies Deepika's bikini
- What is Salman Khan's fee for Bigg Boss 8 and his conditions
- Ex lovers Ranbir-Deepika get cosy in 'Tamasha'
- Mandira does not mind exposing
- Out : Deepika Padukone and Ranbir Kapoor’s first look in Tamasha
The Zoology department of Jawaharlal Nehru College (JNC) at Pasighat in East Siang distric
Prices of QWERTY handsets of Blackberry have been slashed to make them affordable.